Core Update Delayed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by woody, Aug 17, 2021.

1. woody

woody New Member

So what does everyone think of the latest disappointment? Could be a tasty stream tonight. Feel for Sam really as he will likely be thrown under the bus again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

I had actually thought everything was the 19th anyway, but either way it's a difference of two days... do people really care that much to get upset over that?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Not really an issue too be worried about to be honest

• Like Like x 3
  4. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Oh they will and you won’t have to wait long to find out I would imagine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Seems like it doesn't take all to much to make this fan base not happy or upset

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Poor Sam, worked so hard to get the fans back onside after the previous statement regarding Rush Hour. Is excited last night for the update coming today... Only to get thrown under the Bus again. At this point he could probably chew through a steel beam. DTG are terrible at PR.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Stephen Crofts

It's just 2 days.
    Stuff happens and Sam knows this more than most.
    And for many on console lining up the releases may avoid multiple downloads

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t bother me at all. It’s only a couple of days. There are a lot worse things happening than having to wait for a video game.

The same people that will be complaining on the stream tonight will no doubt have heard Sam say that Tuesday wasn’t definite, in last nights stream and chose to ignore it.

It’s a shame as part of the stream will be wasted handling this issue instead of answering more important questions.

• Like Like x 3
  9. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Not much? This is just the latest in a long line of disappointment after disappointment these last few months. If it gets to the point where they can't even release a patch on time it's crazy. How will this affect users who planned to stay up until midnight to play the Boston route? I'm guessing that won't now be possible.

• Like Like x 2
  10. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I'm not bothered in the slightest. 2 more days isn't that long of a wait, and imo it makes more sense to have the update and the release of RH on the same day

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stephen Crofts

The Boston route was never coming today anyway

12. Knightfire1964

oh yeah don't get me wrong I am annoyed and if I was honest just want rush hour to be over and done with as it has been chaos but I completely get why people are annoyed

• Like Like x 2
  13. bart2day

How does it make more sense to get people to install an update which could be 200+gb on the same day as the new route comes out? Some people on low speeds will be lucky to be playing Boston by the weekend. Yet another mess up by DTG. They should have released the update last week so people had time to get it all set up in time for Boston. Now it's going to be a question of 'who has the fastest broadband'.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  15. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Pfffft another broken promise. Pricing, parts of the German route being taken away, last minute delays etc surely I can't be the only one fed up with it

• Like Like x 3
  16. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

It doesn’t bother me tbh but once again DTG have cocked up. They really are terrible at running a business and putting out info that turns out to be false.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Please don't write that... DTG have managed alot off good releases but here is everything going wrong arround the release off rush hour

18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This launch is definitely struggling to get off the launch pad. Hopefully no boom!

• Like Like x 2
  19. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

At least I can now watch the footie tonight and have a night off TSW ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  20. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The update has been rescheduled to try and save on the number of downloads you will be required to make.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. bart2day

Terrible reasoning. Only a small fraction of TSW players are on PS5/Series S, and those people would have the choice to wait until Thursday to download everything at once anyway. Why hold everyone back by two days just for those players? This means that nobody can play Boston-Providence once it releases because they are waiting for a 200+gb download to install?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  22. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Yes give steam users the option to download it earlier! They have nothing to do the consoles!

23. ggy

ggy Member

It should be out on the 18th and the Boston route should come at midnight on the 19th.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ggy

ggy Member

Yes, I had to come download another 150 GB for the add-on.

25. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

This decision wasn't made with only console users in mind. We can't give you any specifics at this point, but the times you usually get updates may be different from 'normal' on Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. Knightfire1964

It's the same with pc so not sure your point is valid with downloading everything

27. gfysps4gaming

gfysps4gaming Member

so that been said its now friday for us here in australia u did this because u knew that GFYS Gaming Australia was the world's 1st you tube channel doing dlc launches before anyone else in the world thanks for screwing up this months pay check

• Like Like x 1
  28. Knightfire1964

errrm

29. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

No problem at all. I am concerned about some comments here, which are indeed pitifully off-reality.
    A game, a delayed core update, one new route... Honestly ??

Looking forward to the Thread "Core update disappointment". Hopefully a DTG moderator can suppress it upfront.

• Like Like x 3
  30. shhweeet#4292

Why not? Which part isn’t true?

Now it transpires it’s due to PS5 issues that PS4 players are being made to wait as if it isn’t bad enough PS4 players being expected to pay the same price as a PS5 player who are currently in the minority for a dlc even though a PS4 player is getting less. for their money. But hey! I don’t really want go there again because that was discussed in depth yesterday.

Lile I said I’m not that bothered about having to wait another two days for my PS4 core update but let’s not pretend DTG know what they are doing when it comes to the basics of how they treat their customers / players.

• Like Like x 4
  31. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I really hope, you're being sarcastic. Otherwise please stop with this self advertisment. I don't think it's fair to this discussion to make that about yourself.

• Like Like x 9
  32. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

That would only make sense if something had changed again. So e.g. a second update that you need and would have had to reload everything again.
    Otherwise it would not have made any difference. On the contrary, you now put everything on one date and so you load the download server even more.

• Like Like x 2
  33. shhweeet#4292

Why can’t you give specifics? You’ve built this core update and Rush Hour release up over however many weeks via streams, emails, and on this MB but all you’ve done is feed miss information and copped out on what you said you were going to do. At the very least you should be giving specifics look how many of your players / customer base are disappointed and annoyed.

Show some respect to the people who are supporting your game.

• Like Like x 5
  34. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

shhweeet#4292 Keep cool, please. I'm sure they'll talk about this issue in the stream tonight. Which makes sense because more people watch the streams than read a thread in the PS-section of this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  35. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

my sincere condolences

• Like Like x 7
  36. Knightfire1964

I am really hope this is just a really bad joke that none of us might get because if not this is really childish to think

• Like Like x 4
  37. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

That's a good point actually but some wouldn't look at that way

38. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Well we will see, I have no intention of buying Rush Hour until all the routes are released anyway. I don't like paying for something that the final product is not confirmed yet and could still change before its fully released.

But if they go by what they normally do you will be able to get the route at midnight but the Next gen update will release in the afternoon.

So I don't understand how this saves on the amount of downloads.

And yes Sam did say it wasn't guaranteed that it would be released today. But my point is once again why say anything in the first place. Tuesday should never have even have been brought up.

It all goes back to they need to stop mentioning things that are not 100% confirmed. Why give people the chance to misinterpret what you are saying just keep your mouths shut.

I've said it many times over the last 6 months this transparency does not work if you keep giving misleading information whether intentional or not. I'd like to think its not intentional, but when you tell people your wishes opposed to what can really be accomplished it is going to lead to confusion and people being upset.

And they are supposed to be our "trusted" sources for information and they don't even seem to know what the right hand is doing compared to the left.

The FAQ still shows that SKA and BKL are getting the new passenger features upon launch. So again still posting misinformation on a trusted source. Screenshot_20210817-081651_Chrome.jpg

So once again I think it would be best to go back to the dark ages and be silent

But right now I'm just interested in how this soap opera is going to play out. I haven't even touched the game in 2 months and even uninstalled it as well to clear up space for Flight Sim.

• Like Like x 4
  39. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not a disappointment to me. It’s a couple of days. It’s fun imagining the moment a penny drops at DTG when they realise what they were planning might cause issues. It’ll be a lot tidier this way, at both ends. One set of downloads for everyone, all on the same date.

• Like Like x 9
  40. shhweeet#4292

Honestly I’m cool really I am it’s just a game to me at the end of the day but as a currently active member of this forum and a relatively new player to TSW2 what I’m seeing in the short time I’ve been here is nothing short of abysmal from DTG with regards to their attitude towards their customers and releasing dlcs that are often clearly underdeveloped. What really annoys me is people putting up with this rubbish attitude by them and then defending them???

Honestly really! If I ran my business the way DTG run theirs my competition would be laughing all the way to their banks.

As for watching their streams? I have neither the time or desire to waste my time on their streams which are mostly full of bull and untruths. Sorry.

Anyway if they don’t like this kind of feed back then why have a TSW2 forum? It’s just a shame they don’t seem to take any of the negative feedback on board despite them saying they do. Hum.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  41. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

nah the Update looks very good, Livery designer on HFP, The UP GP38-2 Hopefully usable on Sand patch and Cane Creek
    all the sh*t about WSR and how it might get DMU Services not to mention the german route's updates, it will be Very worth the wait.

42. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

It’s a shame but put in perspective there’re definitely worse things in life (like being in Kabul right now).

However DTG could have surely avoided the double-downloading issue by releasing the next-gen update today, and the last-gen tomorrow or on Thursday. That way it would not have been necessary to delay the update for everybody.

• Like Like x 3
  43. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

Not really surprising. It was July and they still couldn't give a date for Rush Hour except "summer" because there was no way it would be ready to go. Absolutely no surprise that the rest isn't ready either.

• Like Like x 1
  44. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The times of the updates will have to be different because you can't have a DLC released at midnight without the core game updated. Can they do updates at midnight on consoles? Or do we wait until later on in the day like it is on Steam?

• Like Like x 1
  45. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

My main problem is the fact that DTG keeps telling us that things are going to happen and then they don’t.
    Eg, Branches for that German route are going to be there, Rush hour is going to be £25 and you would get all 3 routes at the same time and that today we would get the core update but nope.

Why do you as a company put so much stress on yourselves by, instead of releasing 5 routes within a relatively even time of each other you release 3 at the same time every year? I bet most people actually only want the actual bargain factor of it (eg 3 routes for the price of 1) and not the actual routes themselves. Sort it out DTG, stop lying to us.

• Like Like x 8
  46. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Ok that makes sense, could you please let PS5 owners know how they should prepare their machines for the update.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

and its this update that makes tsw 2 support rush hour so no update, no rush hour play at 00, you all have to wait for update to play rush hour, only ps5 version can be played.

• Like Like x 1
  48. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

u u GFYS ???
    Lots of abbreviations here. Not sure I completely understand what I’m typing. Maybe it’ll make sense to someone.

• Like Like x 3
  49. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Must admit I don’t really see the logic in this but I suppose works better for PS5 players, as a lowly PS4 player was looking forward to the update today but heck it’s one extra day, let’s just hope it gets released early or nobody will be playing on Thursday lol.

• Like Like x 2
  50. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

it’s an Aussie gamer who streams all DLC on day one while the rest of us are sleeping (due to time zones of course)

• Helpful Helpful x 1