Rush Hour Q&a - Ask Your Questions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG Natster, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Will there be any other services the 143 operates on Riesa - Dresden other than the S2?

2. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

Can you show what the achievements/trophies will be for Rush Hour

3. RaceDay86

RaceDay86 Active Member

I'm upgrading from the Xbox one to the series x, does this mean I have to download a new optimized version of the game or will my current game be upgraded to the series x version?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Have you fully simulated the class 387s dual voltage functionality?

5. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I have another question, not 100% RH related, but as Sam said it would be a Q&A roadmap, I'll pose it all the same:

Layers HMA on PS4/Xbox: When are we finally going to get the seperate timetable with the missing layers? I know you're well aware of this topic, but in all honesty, it is high time that this problem gets solved. The route has been out for almost a year now !! PS4/Xbox players have paid the same price as PC players and we still have no access to the additional content. You need to put this right ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t think HMA layers are coming to the PS4 and last generation Xbox. There has been no mention since the new console versions were announced and giving the limited memory of those last generation consoles, I can’t see how it can work. You can’t get blood out of a stone unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
  7. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Will the Class 377 and 387 have better sounds for Brighton Main Line

• Like Like x 2
  8. iosadumswing#1673

iosadumswing#1673 New Member

Few questions for the BML service:

1. Because you have the licences for the class 465/9 and class 375/9 for Southeastern Highspeed, will we see them as AI services (obviously) at London Victoria for platforms 1 to 8 or will we be confined to platforms 9+ as they are southern railway and Gatwick Express platforms? This also applies to Gatwick Station because the class 166 does stop there from Reading Station.

2. Stations like Victoria and Gatwick Airport have multiple platforms, will a large number of platforms be accessible or will we be able to use 1 or 2 platforms and see the rest empty like London St Pancras International?

3. Have you made any changes to the class 377 or Brighton Station comparing to what we see on East Coast Way?

4. How frequent are the trains available to us? How many can we drive?

Thank You :)

Ps: If you read this out, and struggle to read my username, just call me Nick.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. ethanafro#1375

ethanafro#1375 Active Member

Will their ever be a feature where you ca
    For London Commuter, will the 166 be layered on from Great Western Express for the GWR services that run from Gatwick Airport to Reigate via Redhill

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Are there any known issues with the 4.26 upgrade, the new UI or Boston Sprinter DLC that you can tell us about now so we don’t get alarmed when we find them out? Things that you already know aren’t going to be quite right for release but are likely to be fixed quite soon.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

why oh why has the update been delayed, do not dodge this question

• Like Like x 5
  12. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Question why did the update that was supposed to have happened not happen.

• Like Like x 2
  13. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

1. Which services will be drivable on Brighton Mainline and which ones will also be included as AI services.

2. Will sounds for the 377/387 be improved or do they retain the same sounds as previous iterations of the Electrostar.

14. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Can we please make sure our questions are still answered, and the stream isn’t took over by why the update is delayed. Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Offcourse not! They have come with a very good statement and this have way more priority!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Michael Newbury

I believe they will get to everyone's questions, the big one that has to be answered first and foremost is why the delay in the update.

17. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Will Consoleplayers get the patch at Midnight with the Boston release?

18. Michael Newbury

As the announcement statements Boston Sprinter will release along side the update.

19. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

Will DB BR 143 get raildriver support?

20. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

What was the last minute problem/bug found that caused today’s update to be postponed for 2 days.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Michael Newbury

Who knows why the delay this time they do not seem to want to let us know.

22. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

They haven't mentioned any pre-order of Season Ticket. I guess they consider three routes for the price of one as a discount.

23. Bertil Persson

Check JD:s comment on Announcements

24. Michael Newbury

JD's post is not good enough it does not really explain why.

25. onepewpew#8391

onepewpew#8391 Member

Does anyone know if we will get a fully working PIS on the 387 just like the new AP version for TS?

26. Trainiac

It will probably be the same as the 377

27. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

the HMA layers are coming to PC and the next gen consoles they are unsure whether the layers would also be added to Xbox series S also or not

28. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

What is happening with the MSB BR146 & 185 - they need sound fixes

Is the due update for ECW going to be released with the old skybox & none working LCs?

• Like Like x 1
  29. mooseman#8630

mooseman#8630 New Member

Will the amfleets be updated? Or at least with the 8 car consist be changed to 7, which is realistic.

30. londonmidland

Was disappointed that not a single question from this thread was answered regarding London to Brighton on the livestream tonight.

Why did DTG not clarify that upcoming route questions will not be answered? This thread, as well as the time I spent watching the livestream, was wasted.

• Like Like x 8
  31. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I was also frustrated that despite being billed as the Rush Hour Q&A, the questions that were actually answered appeared to all be very general about the new features (almost entirely the passenger system, a lot of which has been answered before) rather than the actual new content.

Some stuff like the survey wasn't relevant to Rush Hour at all, some were answered on the last Boston stream but were gone over at length again (catenary), and some questions were answered but were then asked in a slightly different format again, only for the same answer to be given. Didn't feel like the best use of 90 minutes for me personally and I've come away feeling frustrated rather than intrigued or excited - I'd much rather know about the new content than the internal affairs or working practices of DTG.

Polite suggestion for the future: a tightly controlled agenda published before these streams would help a lot with both setting expectations for answers and keeping everything on topic, rather than asking us for our questions in a completely open-ended way and then only telling us at the end of the stream that most of them won't be answered. I would have really appreciated being given a heads-up that nothing from Riesa-Dresden or London-Brighton was going to be answered ahead of time.

• Like Like x 7
  32. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Agree. Nat said at the beginning they would be answering questions on all three routes and then completely failed to answer anything about two of them.

A waste of a lot of peoples time that have diligently posted questions on this thread and very disappointing (how many times have we used that word on here in the last 4 weeks) that they expect us to fork out for three routes, two of which we know virtually nothing (and have seen nothing) about. I'm 100% sure they know by now whether there will be Southeastern AI out of Victoria and if the GWR 166 is in the timetable but just don't want to tell us.

• Like Like x 4
  33. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I was expecting something about them, considering the pass for buying them is going on sale in a couple of days but it never happened, maybe nothing in detail but some screenshots of progress to give an incentive to buy the pass. There was a lot of other stuff covered though, including my question about known issues which I didn’t expect to be honest.

• Like Like x 2
  34. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

As mentioned on Discord, we'll have preview streams for all the upcoming routes (in a similar vein to the Boston previews) which will aim to answer as many of the questions as possible. Whilst we'd love to answer everything, it felt more appropriate to cover as many questions as possible about the updates coming on Thursday.

Please bear in mind that our streams are designed for all kinds of players, new and old, so we have to try to tailor the content accordingly. Some questions get asked each week (as we find with preview streams), but it's still important they get answered.

Thank you for the feedback. We'll try to offer focus earlier next time; we had intended to answer as many as possible, but with the update coming on Thursday, we had to prioritise those about the updates coming on Thursday.

I do appreciate the frustration though. We'll be taking the questions from this thread when we do preview streams for those routes.

• Like Like x 1
  35. londonmidland

I appreciate what you’re saying, but as I previously said, why was this not advertised that this livestream would be covering mainly about the updates coming on Thursday?

I was under the impression that this live-stream would answer questions about the upcoming RH routes.

This is yet another communication failure by DTG in my opinion, and is only answered AFTER something has happened.

• Like Like x 4
  36. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

JD, you said in the Rush Hour Q&A on 22nd July that, and I quote,

"as we do for all of our routes, we will be showing them off before they go on sale, or before the season ticket goes on sale, so the idea is that we will be showcasing them all for you to look at".

Did you misspeak or was the original intention to show off a bit of all three routes before the season ticket goes on sale? Because right now we have seen and heard zero about the features and details of the other two routes other than London-Brighton being Summer focused and Riesa-Dresden being Autumn/Fall focused. Despite this you still expect us to pay the £34.99 upfront if we are potentially interested in all three, with no option to convert to the season pass at a later date. I think a lot of people were expecting at least a few details in the stream tonight so they could make an informed decision upon purchase. But as a result of the secretive nature of the details of these routes we know very little and I'm left a bit perplexed. It's basically become a blind purchase.

• Like Like x 7
  37. DTG JD

We will be showcasing them all before they go on sale individually - apologies if the quote above was unclear. We'd also like to get a preview of each route before the early access discount for respective platforms expires, but I can't confirm at this stage whether that'll be possible.

I do appreciate that with the Season Ticket going on sale with the launch, there will be question marks around the other routes; if you'd prefer to hold on and see those routes before making that commitment to getting it, that's absolutely fine.

Whilst it's something we've not done before as a company, the Season Pass-style model is fairly common in the Games industry. It's something new we're trying, and will learn from in the future. All this feedback is really useful, so thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

None of my Q’s were answered about the issues flagged with Boston Sprinter :(

39. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't blame them not answering anything about the two upcoming routes.
    Given that there have been constant issues, errors and miscommunication throughout, anything they said about the next two routes would be highly questionable anyway (unless they start telling us what they HAVEN'T got done yet)

Agreed that they should have said "This is a Q&A about the summer update and the Boston route" rather than a general Rush Hour Q&A because of course people want to hear about the two upcoming routes. People have zero patience and want the next big thing so of course they'll ask

But as I say, I agree that they gave absolutely no new details for them to miss the mark on

40. Bertil Persson

Well alright! But yesterday’s stream was at least informative for me. They feared that the update would cause problems, coming in advance. Hopefully everything will work on Thursday. I have compassion for the PS 5 users. They have some instructions to follow if they have PS 4. They will be on the forum. I’ll just have to wait for Thursday evening when the Steam staff comes to work, and pray to God.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m still none the wiser as to whether a specific PS5 version will show up in the store tomorrow, or whether I have to download all the PS4 stuff before I can upgrade to the PS5 version. On PSN, there are usually separate PS4 & PS5 versions of the game (if there is a PS5 version), so you know which one you’re buying and downloading for example.

• Like Like x 2
  42. DTG JD

We're prepping a thread to hopefully help with this. To answer your query though, there should be a separate PS5 version available at the same time as PS4 is released.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thanks JD :)

• Like Like x 1
  44. Ctrainsim156

Ctrainsim156 New Member

Hello everyone! I have a suggestion/question that I think you guys should also add. So alongside with the Boston Sprinter, Boston -Providence route for the Rush Hour update, I was wondering since you guys are adding that, as a suggestion, maybe you guys could also add the Main Line route for the MBTA which is Worcester to Boston, so like from Worcester to Boston and then Boston to Worcester as part of the rush hour update as well and maybe to make it drivable for us players to drive it as well, if that's possible? Not sure if you guys are already adding that into the rush hour update or maybe adding it as an Add-on eventually. I just thought it would be cool and amazing to see and drive an MBTA running commuter services from Worcester to Boston as well since you got the Boston to Providence route as well, and I guess maybe its also considered as a rush hour.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  45. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This sounds like a good addon or extension, but would be a complete departure from the "rush hour update" which is kind of the 2021 big bundle release. I would suggest maybe adding this into the suggestions part of the forum, maybe showing a map of the route, any additional locos or interesting stuff they could include and how the services integrate at Boston (or in the yards etc)

• Like Like x 1
  46. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Will we be getting GWR Class 166 North Downs Line services, either AI or drivable between Reigate and Gatwick Airport on the Brighton Mainline route?

• Like Like x 1
  47. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

Some questions in regards to the Brighton Main Line

1) Will we be able to drive services from London Victoria to Eastbourne via Lewes using platforms 1&2? Will the direct Seaford services be included?

2) Regarding Gatwick Express will some of these services be extended to Brighton?

3) Will there be a mixture of metro services and long distance services?

Apologies if some of these questions have been answered.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  48. Trainiac

London to Brighton won't be connected to East coastway

49. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

That’s a shame think it would be nice to have the full service, it adds more realism. I think DTG has missed a trick here as some services from London Victoria do connect with the East Coastway to Eastbourne.

50. Ctrainsim156

Ctrainsim156 New Member

Oh, okay thanks! Sorry for the late response, but also which suggestions in the part of the forum can I post that suggestion in? Im quite new to the forum here so I’m just trying to figure out the different channels and threads that’s on here Lol.