Liveries And Ps4 Progress Thrown In The Bin.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Aug 17, 2021.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

To say I am extremely disappointed is an understatement. How hard is a fix for this?
    I loose just under 400 hundred levels and over 40 odd liveries as well collectables and trophy data. This is so off-putting to say the least.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 6
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We understand the frustration completely. The team have worked really hard to find a solution in time for release, but sadly we've not been able to. We are still exploring potential solutions with Sony, but assume there will be no option to transfer progress as it stands.

3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched tonight’s stream yet but I’m with you.
    This is the 3rd time I’ve had to start over. Level 550 1st game, level 340 this game, two platinum trophies…….hundreds of hours

• Like Like x 7
  4. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

Then don't start over. Keep playing the PS4 version for another year, and switch to PS5 next summer, when whatever the next big update is drops.

I'm gonna give myself this year to finish up as much of TSW2 as I can.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Disappointing.

6. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Got to honest this feels like complete incompetence

Fancy going from yes it will happen (said on a stream) to profiles only (said on forum) to sod all

• Like Like x 2
  7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I believe we've only said we were investigating it and we wanted to implemented, rather than it was definitely going to happen. We've spent a long time trying to find a workable solution, and whilst we'd all love for it to be the case, we've not been able to in time for the release.

As I said though, I completely understand how frustrating that is for players like yourself. We will keep working on finding a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  8. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Hundreds of hours you will never get back. At my advancing age I can’t afford to waste them doing the same thing all over again no matter how good a PS5 is supposed to be. :|

• Like Like x 5
  9. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

This is more of a Sony issue though isn't it than a DTG issue.

10. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If there's a way of dumping data from a PS4 to the DTG website, as with the photos and Mastery etc, and there's a way of reading web data in to your Playstation, surely there's a way to do a Transfer Out/ Transfer In to move between platforms, even if that's not as elegant as entirely shared progress that you can back-and-forth between the two.

I'm sure most people would take a Migrate option over a Start Again.

I'll wait. Give me a shout when you've sorted it! :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I didn't get to see the stream.
    If this thread hadn't been made I'd have not known.
    I do wish you (DTG) would consistently place information about changes in one place where everyone can expect to find it rather than leaving us hunting around random threads or hearing a rumour from an unofficial discord. This is an important issue.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Stephen Crofts

It might be a long wait. DTG do not have a good track record for going back and finishing something.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I wonder, how did a small company like Hello Games do it? They not only promptly released a PS5 version of No Man's Sky but also provided a mechanism in the main menu to export your PS4 save and then import it to the PS5 version. I'd imagine their save files are significantly more complex than TSW, containing bases, exploration data, discoveries etc.

Another example is Bugbear who have recently updated Wreckfest to allow transfers of progress.

Clearly it is possible so what do these companies know that Sony/Dovetail don't?
    As others have already said, with Dovetail Live you have a cloud capability so would have thought that facility would offer avenues to provide a transfer.

I'm half way through several journeys. The prospect of starting again is a bit deflating.

• Like Like x 5
  14. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

OK so you are saying you cannot do it for the PS4. "SO" make sure that future versions of TSW you "Can" do it for. At least we (The Consumers) would have something to really look forward to, that we would not from PS5 onwards, EVER have to do it ALL again! :mad:

As someone has said, some of us do not have multiple hours to redo things all over again.

Listen to what the purchasers of your product really want and fulfil those ideas. If both companies continue to not listen, I for one will not be purchasing anymore of your products and will tell people not to either. If you have a stand at a show, I shall be standing telling people not to bother.

It is a shame when a railway program for a console comes along, with so much it could offer, that it seems to be failing.

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy playing TSW2020 & TSW2 but like anything the honeymoon is wearing a bit thin.

• Like Like x 5
  15. borg#1850

Totally agree

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stephen Crofts

Restarting progress seems to be a yearly feature. Suppose I’ll have to get used to it.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

No problem; lately, I've got a pretty good track record for just waiting until their software has been mostly bug-fixed and is heavily discounted in a sale. A tactic that's serving me well with TSW2. :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

So, as expected, the next disappointment.
    Hey DTG, maybe better talk to companies that are able to do a savefile-transfer instead of talking to Sony. Can‘t be that hard. You‘ve had so much time to find a solution since Rush Hour and PS5 version were announced, what have you done for your customers except cutting routes and increasing the price?

• Like Like x 5
  19. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. borg#1850

I wonder if it is a format issue of the saved games, otherwise how hard is it to point a PS5 to upload form a memory stick? Just asking.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Stephen Crofts

I have been wondering the exact same thing. Is it really a different save structure?
    I suppose it could be as it is different from pc.

23. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I haven't got a PS5 yet and due to Sony's current delivery bottlenecks, it will probably stay that way for a while. So the problem doesn't affect me yet, but I totally understand the frustration about the lack of data transfer. Apart from the level status and the trophies achieved, the self-made liveries are very important, because many PS4 players have invested a lot of time and ideas.

Maybe the planned Livery Designer 2.0 will solve this problem or it will be possible to transfer the liveries, like the screenshots, to the DTG profile or in a form of livery cloud...

• Like Like x 1
  24. Stephen Crofts

that's a very good thought. But I imagine LD2.0 is a while away. But if at least the creative stuff can be moved to a dovetail cloud sharing service, restarting the medal hunt won't be such a burden to bear, for me.

• Like Like x 1
  25. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

This is the sort of stuff I'm talking about. Let alone the amount of wagon liveries, that have been made Hours of work just thrown because of incompatibility. Its just so damn frustrating. Its not just me its other creators as well.

Hentis

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  26. borg#1850

Those are some very well done liveries :) That you will lose them (unless something is done) is very saddening, also a reason not to upgrade to a newer version or console in the future. DTG you may well lose a lot of customers.

• Like Like x 2
  27. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I think it’s pretty much guaranteed as I explained in another thread. The games market is very fickle as are the people who participate in it. Die hard fans aside. Other train sim developers will be licking their lips circling in order to pick those people up. EA Games for example whilst having many faults and they certainly do are experts at moving in and keeping customers whilst covering up their own faults. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if someone like them moved in and bought DTG out. They bought the creators of the Real Racing 3? mobile game out when they saw it’s initial quality and potential, ( Fire Monkeys ) reduced their staff but still manage to produce and continually update and freshen up a very slick quality racing game that’s by far the best racing game on mobile imo albeit they moved it to the constantly watching adds format to make it free. EA Games are despised but they certainly know their onions. and they certainly know how to keep their players interested and on board.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1