Tsw 2 Survey Discussion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimfan94, Aug 3, 2021.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I mentioned multiplayer as a condition for recommending the game. They probably have a board meeting on this now :D

EDIT
    Hopefully, many of us have marked Run8 as a heavily exploited product.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Season passes are a very flexible sales tool. They can be based on time (eg. annual, semi annual), region, type of routes or locos like Rush Hour, traction (diesel, electric, steam) or number of dlc. For example, when it arrives, there could be a pass for the first 3 steam routes and their accompanying locos. Or you could buy a pass for the next 3 American, British or German routes. Or a pass for all dlc in 2022. As I posted elsewhere, you would save maybe 25 % and DTG would have a guaranteed revenue stream for route and loco development costs.

• Like Like x 3
  3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

As did I.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

Ich glaube nicht, dass das als nächstes kommen wird.
    Schon letztes Jahr waren wir genau in der gleichen Situation und es hat sich nicht druchgesetzt.
    Eher wieder solche leichteren Sachen, für 2022.
    Sowas wie Lichtgestaltung, Schatten etc. die nur etwas für "Grafik-Nerds" sind.
    Danach dann StreckenEditor Verbesserung für 2023 und 2024. e
    Erst ab 2025 frühstens erste Beginne als Experimental mit Rollensystem. Ich denke da können wir dann mit TSW4 rechnen und wahrscheinlich 5.0.

Da müssen wir wohl realistisch sein....
    DTG hat ja bis heute nichtmal Alpha-Tests hinweise für einen MP gegeben, daher können wir wohl davon ausgehen dass bisher nicht einmal Vortests gelaufen sind.

Und, um ein Beispiel zu nennen, auch wenn vielleicht nicht komplett passend:
    Notruf 112 hat auch versucht einen MP aufzubauen und hat dafür, und es ist ein sehr kleines Team, und hat fast ein Jahr gebraucht für erste Versuche. Und sind beim ersten Teil dran gescheitert.

DTG ist ein riesiges Team, zumindest gefühlt, auch wenn in Themenbereiche unterteilt, und hat bisher keinerlei Andeutung für eine Alpha gezeigt.Bzw. Vortests in welchem Umfang dies überhaupt, stand der heutigen Servertechnik, möglich wäre.
    Und die wären jetzt schon 2 Jahre in der Entwicklung, denn schon in TSW2020 war der Wunsch da.
    Daher meine Erläuterung, siehe ganz oben, dass es mehr als Unwahrscheinlich sein wird vor 2025.
    Zumal sich DTG ja selbst bestrafen würde, wenn sie es überhaupt programmieren, sollten sich XBOX und PS5 nicht auf ein Crossplay einigen können, also die Hersteller. Und DTG wird niemals für jede Plattform einen eigenen MP erstellen. Zumindest könnten das Gründe sein, ohne zu wissen, welche Anstrengung wirklich dahinter steckt, dies auch auf anderen Plattformen zu ermöglichen.
    Ich denke, da wird DTG sich, leider, hüten vor, wohl in der Hoffnung, dass es in späteren Jahren verbesserte und einfachere Möglichkeiten geben wird.

Oder DTG hat sowieso schon, wovon man wohl ausgehen kann, einen fünf Jahresplan, wohin es gehen soll.
    Einerseits kann man verstehen, dass man erst einmal eine Grundbasis bauen möchte, auf der man dann einen MP aufbaut, als jedes Mal neu anfangen zu müssen.

Das wäre sonst wie ein Haus, dass komplett ist, nur ohne Mobiliar, Elektrik und Versorgung und man dann anfängt wieder alle Wände aufzureißen um Stromkabel etc. zu verlegen.
    Dann lieber ein komplett fertiges Haus, an dem nur noch hier und da gewerkelt wird, um dann die Synchronisation hinzubekommen.

Mögen wir mal hoffen, dass ich komplett daneben liege und warten auf unsere neuen Passagiere, mögen sie mit uns sein. Oderso.

----

I don't think that's going to come next.

We were in exactly the same situation last year and it didn't prevail. More like lighter things again, for 2022. Something like lighting, shadows, etc. that are only for "graphic nerds".

Then the route editor improvement for 2023 and 2024. e Only from 2025 at the earliest first starts as an experimental with a role system. I think we can count on TSW4 and probably 5.0. We have to be realistic ...

DTG has not even given alpha tests for an MP to date, so we can assume that not even pre-tests have run so far. And, to give an example, even if it may not be entirely appropriate:

Emergency 112 has also tried to set up an MP, and it is a very small team, and it took almost a year for first attempts. And failed with the first part. DTG is a huge team, at least it feels, even if it is divided into subject areas, and has so far not shown any hint of an alpha.

With today's server technology, pre-tests to what extent this would be possible at all. And they would have been in development for 2 years now, because the request was already there in TSW2020. Hence my explanation, see above, that it will be more than unlikely before 2025.

Especially since DTG would punish themselves if they programmed it at all, should the XBOX and PS5 not be able to agree on a crossplay, i.e. the manufacturers. And DTG will never create a separate MP for each platform. At least that could be reasons, without knowing what effort is really behind it, to make this possible on other platforms as well. I think DTG will, unfortunately, be wary of this, probably in the hope that there will be improved and simpler options in later years.

Or DTG already has a five-year plan of where it should go anyway, which can be assumed. On the one hand, you can understand that you want to first build a basic basis on which you then build an MP, rather than having to start over each time. Otherwise it would be like a house that is complete, only without furniture, electrics and supply and then you start tearing open all the walls again to lay power cables etc. Then it would be better to have a completely finished house, on which one only works here and there in order to then get the synchronization done.

May we hope that I'm completely wrong and wait for our new passengers, "may they be with us". Or so.

And PS: It's a shame that only English-speaking people are wanted for the upcoming tests. The German community also has ideas .... <(")
    (Bazinga)

Do you actually know how long the survey will continue and whether there will be a summary?

The last sentence on the Trainsimworld homepage alone suggests that the MP project ended before it began.

"Many players however are very keen to see an online or local multiplayer experience introduced to the game, to the extent that it remains one of the most requested features."

As much as: We didn't give any more options at all, and vice versa, that means nothing else than: It is excluded. Apparently DTG has decided to end with the new survey. One hopes to collect data with a survey.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

I interpreted the question as referring to a model where you paid a smaller amount each month for access to everything, instead of buying the game and all DLCs. So you wouldn't have access forever, and it would be unlikely you'd receive anything extra. I'd appreciate this, as I live in a poorer country than the UK and really don't play TSW regularly enough to justify spending big in one go.

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

You can definitely see releasing on Epic has offered a lot of new players now. I’ve noticed on here and Facebook there’s no end of questions we not seen for a good year about sand patch and some other bits so hopefully the increase in player base means the team can get a bit more play time on the route building

7. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Not to mention more money, for dtg to reinvest

• Like Like x 1
  8. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Unfortunately not. Run8 is 4th from bottom of the most played list, around equal with Fishing: Barents Sea. Since you'll probably ask, the top 3 are Train Simulator (no surprise there), Euro Truck Simulator and Cities Skylines.

On the question of multiplayer, I left it off this survey because we didn't need to ask - it always comes in top. I wanted to see how the ordering was changed if MP wasn't present. Nothing to confirm or deny regarding multiplayer except to say "we know".

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

And the roles are in which place?

10. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

"5. How likely is it that you would recommend Train Sim World 2 to a friend or colleague?"
    Whaaa! The most misinterpreted answer in any survey. Most of my friends/colleagues are not interested in trains, so that'll be a one, then.

"* 7. How often do you use Dovetail Live?"
    What's the point of Dovetail Live and what is it ? Is it where PC users game profiles are stored ? The website never remembers my login, unlike Dovetail Games, so it's just a nuisance afaic. Integrate it into the DG site.

"9. Please rank these different styles of train operation in order of preference (top item is your favourite)"
    I prefer long distance end to end or regional freight & pass, with stops no more frequent than around every 20minutes.
    Shunting against the clock is a stressful, negative experience for me.
    I love driving period locos in period settings - I've no interest in railtours.

The route graphics are as important as the train to me. I love escapist British period regional routes (TS:WLoS, W&T, Netherfield, Riviera 50s and backdates) The train graphics are near perfect, so the route graphics need to be improved as far as HD ~30fps allows afaic. I'm old enough to be frame rate insensitive too, Sam. Photorealism requires a quadrupling of todays power, so should be on UEs horizon for ~3 years time.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  11. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

I agree and voted for more modern route especially the German route.
    And also I think the sound plays a important part in game. The awful sound of br146.2 just ruin a loco...

12. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Anyone else think if the survey was done right now, this morning, some of their answers would be different?

13. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have the results of the survey available for everyone to read. Like Navigraph does for flight simulation (everyone flightsimming will understand)

• Like Like x 2
  14. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

How so?

• Like Like x 2
  15. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I don't think mine would change personally apart from I really didn't understand the cross platform save question thinking it purely meant if you went from PC to console for example, but there are so many threads on different things this week regarding peoples issues, it just made me think some may change their view slightly on a couple of the questions.

16. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

I thought this bit from the survey announcement article was making a completely unnecessary statement without evidence - it basically called "not seriously minded" the people who have often presented very well-argumentated comments about why multiplayer is needed and why the potential issue of some people misusing it should not be a hindrance to its implementation.

DtG website says the devs have multiplayer in their plans for TSW2, and a lot of players are naming it in their priorities for the sim. That should be more than enough to not need this kind of commentary about what some people have claimed in their subjective - and I would say harmful - efforts to push MP discussions down. This just rewards those people in their attempts to prevent an addition of a feature that would bring social aspect to the game and make it even more competitive and diverse in comparison to other train sims.

17. chieflongshin

I think this could be argued about anyone’s ideas of what’s important. Personally I play this game to avoid people but I’d love VR. Can’t win them all

18. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Would be nice, but it's probably not good business practice. It would provide competitors with all the information for free, No doubt we'll get drip fed bits of info as time goes on, but very unlikely the will publish it all in one go.

19. chieflongshin

Sam said on both Monday and Tuesdays live stream they've not done the research for the benefit of the competition so I wouldn't expect much more than the obvious (multiplayer and the WCL and ECML are still the two most requested routes).