So No Transfer Of Profiles Ps4 To Ps5

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Thunderer, Aug 18, 2021.

1. driveshaft#6318

driveshaft#6318 New Member

If you paid the Collector edition, disc or digital, on PS4, you can not pick up the PS5 version for free, you have to pay.

Apparently there is an issue, we have to wait 1 or 2 weeks. The joke continues......

• Like Like x 2
  2. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

It’s all Sony’s fault the rascals. :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. driveshaft#6318

Sony has nothing to do with it, it's all DTG's fault, they said there is an issue and a new delay.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Great, you're currently not, so that's fine for you. I'm not either, but happy to talk about the issue at hand which may help them or DTG along... (likely won't)
    Either way neither you nor I particularly affected

And the rest is idle chatter about something which could be done in "off topic"

5. shhweeet#4292

So don’t make a point of saying because I’m not affected that I can’t talk about it then when your in the same boat but you do. As for the rest being idle chatter that’s just your opinion. I happen to think it’s very relevant to this thread especially when you consider how many TSW players are seriously unhappy about all these LOVE ups and false promises by DTG.

Are you a moderator here? If not then don’t try and tell me what I can or can’t say in wherever. Every internet forum I’ve ever been on contains someone like you who thinks they are some sort of an unofficial moderator. It’s a curse of the internet.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ARuscoe

I haven't said don't talk about the issue, we had some back and forths "on track" earlier
    I do think derailing the post is a bit off. The post is about transfers of profiles, there is another thread running about how messed up things have been, go there and I'm sure people will discuss the end of DTG with you.

7. shhweeet#4292

Read the end of my last reply ARuscoe if this thread gets locked it’s your fault not mine. Stop arguing so you can get the last word.

8. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I can understand how having the trophy hunt disrupted can be annoying, but other than that PS5 owners might as well treat tomorrow’s update as TSW3. Big core update, better performance, interface overhaul and three new routes coming in rapid succession. Honestly not very different to the TSW2 launch last year, except this is still named TSW2.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  9. driveshaft#6318

We lose all of our liveries, this is a big problem.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mathieu

Mathieu Member

Absolutely not. Every single game that got released on PS4 and got updated received a free and seamless carryover to the PS5.
    This is single-handedly DTG's fault.

11. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

That really isn't the case. In fact, those games that provided a seamless carry over are the exception rather than the rule. Sony first party and publishers like Ubisoft did but smaller studios don't.

12. box215

box215 Active Member

Care to provide some examples?
    Because multiple people who are regular contributors to the forums have claimed otherwise

13. Mathieu

Mathieu Member

Every single game I've had which got a PS5 update successfully carried over, I'm talking save-wise. And I've had a PS5 since day one. I couldn't tell you for the trophies
    I cannot wait to test the TSW carryover with a PS+ save though, because I expect that might work. I haven't seen DTG staff write about it

Overall, I'm surprised DTG hasn't set up a cross-platform profile, considering Dovetail Live already stores screenshots and mastery progress. I understand it might not be a very frequent use-case, since the game itself isn't really used cross-platforms (because of the DLCs) (some players do buy some game on two platforms, like FPS's for example), but it would've helped a lot, and many games use online saving nowadays

14. ARuscoe

A small save file (even an XML) uploaded to Dovetail Live would do in this instance. Instant fairly portable carry over

15. Mathieu

Mathieu Member

Absolutely!
    External tools are a possibility: IO managed to migrate Hitman 1, 2 and all their associated DLCs that a user had bought, to Hitman 3 on PS5. Although it's a whole new game, all the DLCs and progress still carried over. And even TROPHIES from a PS4 game got migrated into a PS5 game.
    So… I'm convinced it's not Sony's fault as some like to say…

• Like Like x 2