Train Sim World: Rush Hour

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 4, 2021.

1. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I think it's more likely because it is only a 48 hour wait and is extremely insignificant in the grand scheme of things. It will have been forgotten about by next week.

Cheers

• Like Like x 6
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Well, with all the things that happened so far I think a two delay is negligible, it is not even the route that is delayed, "only" the update. When it comes to the crashing part, that's what I am very worried about, and expect major problems tomorrow, and then delaying access to the route will be a problem for many ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. ggy

ggy Member

Stupid decision to delay the upadte. So disappointed

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Personally, I haven't touched TSW since 19th of July, I wasn't in the mood after the Dresden debacle and I've switched PCs in between, so I'm waiting for the update to release before I download the whole thing as I don't want to faff around with enabling/disabling DLCs and waiting for an eternity before UE4 updates the files.

As for Rush Hour, I am patiently waiting for all three routes to be released before making my decision and will be taking the same stance with any future addons. So far, my excitement levels have not regenerated and remain at an all-time low.

• Like Like x 5
  5. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Delays are part and parcel of software release schedules, it happens and theres not much you can do about it to be honest. Just extra time for you to prep and make sure you have everything you need for the updates etc etc.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I'm in about five separate discussions about it, so I don't think "quiet" is the right word

7. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Question.

Why and how is it someone is streaming the new update AND the new rush hour??

Genuinely not spam

• Like Like x 3
  8. ARuscoe

Straight answer... time zones... New Zealand and Australia are both now "in Thursday" so can anyone living in (or have their xbox configured to) that timezone can download and play that content right now

Consoles use midnight in their configured timezone for software release, it's only PC (steam specifically) where it's much later in the day and tied to eastern US time (equating to about 18:00 UK time)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. smugstarlord#4202

I didnt think they were releasing it at midnight from what the post about downloads mentioned

10. ARuscoe

The new DLC was always down to be midnight from what I've seen, and if they're on Xbox then the update to UE4.26 was also not delayed (to my knowledge)
    What's been pushed back is the release of the console specific DLC, so if that person is on Xb1X then they may not be able to play the preserved collection DLC (or the DLC which came with TSW2) but they shoudl be able to play Boston as that's definitely 4.26

11. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I believe PS4/PS5 users get both the core update and the Boston-Providence route at midnight in their local time. Xbox and steam users have to wait as the core update and B-P RH are being released at the same time worldwide on those platforms.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. gfysps4gaming

gfysps4gaming Member

its out here in Australia but idk how to update to PS5 so someone please help me asap as the boston sprinter is showing on the store here in australia

13. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I believe the reason for it being so quiet is likely due everyone has resigned to the fact there isn't much that can be done. All there is to do now is to wait until Thursday and pray that all goes smooth as DTG say it will. Hoping that there are no issues with the big update.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Annoyed they scrapped the midnight local time launch for Xbox, but can't tell us the actual release time. Lol it's just become silly at this point.

• Like Like x 3
  15. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

You forgot the words “In my humble opinion”. Then you forgot to justify your statement. Tsk!

• Like Like x 2
  16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

This is a German PC Player, I know this guy

17. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Can you imagine Rockstar or EA not being able to tell customers when a game will launch, two days before?

• Like Like x 2
  18. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

He got a development built from DTG to preview the route. Which is a very nice thing to do by DTG, so nobody can say "We didn't know what we get". So no timezone magic involved there. He doesn't play a release built.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. ARuscoe

Xbox Boston and summer update released in NZ at Midnight local, so don't see why midnight anywhere else would be different

20. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying but the problem as I see it isn't a two day delay it is the update (which is supposed to be huge) releasing the same time as a new route.

Not sure what you actually need for the updates apart from hdd space and a lot of time but not everyone has a super fast connection and what if there is a problem with the update and you download a route on top of that? imo the update should of been released last week to get everyone's PC or console settled before adding a route.

Obviously I hope it goes without a hitch but think DTG, with their record for problems , are taking a risk when they did not need to.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ARuscoe

None of the existing DLC would have worked with the core...
    The main "issue" is that the old DLC were on UE4.23 and the old core was on UE4.23, changing either independent of the other would have caused a crash
    So in essence they HAVE to release the UE4.26 core and UE4.26 preserved collection at the same time.

Add to this that they are also releasing new console specific versions of the DLC (PS5, Xb1S & XB1X) would mean last week downloading core and preserved (default UE4.26) then this week if you're on a new gen console downloading preserved (specific UE4.26) and if you've bought it, Boston

This is why it's so complex. So many moving parts, all of which could foul up any of the other parts

• Like Like x 2
  22. Disintegration7

• Like Like x 1
  23. dhekelian

But their original plan was to release it two days before the new routes so releasing a week before would not be much of an issue imo. I was under the impression this core update includes all of the updates to existing routes no? And DTG seemed to think that releasing everything together on all platforms is the way to go. I hope their right.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ARuscoe

Would be unusual for it to release at midnight in the first time zone but not others... It's midnight somewhere near India (I think) right now... I guess we'll see as time rolls on

25. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It's only rolling out at midnight for PS users. Xbox and PC users will have the update, the season pass and the B-P route released at the same time worldwide so no, it's not out on XBox yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. ARuscoe

Their original plan was to release the core update along with the UE4.26 versions of the existing DLC yesterday and then the Boston route and specific console versions of existing DLC Thursday.
    When this was being discussed yesterday we then got the notification from Nat and JD that the update was being postponed so it all comes out on Thursday, so either I'm right and they didn't want "double downloads" or it's a very good coincidence...

It DOES make for less hassle and incident for some (specifically Xb1S/X and PS5 players) but for the rest it's just a delay, especially those of us who may not have bought Boston

27. dhekelian

Sorry, Am confused by you saying Core update and then the UE4.26 versions of the DLC. I thought the core update WAS the updates to all the routes, Are you saying there are two updates?

28. ARuscoe

There's an update to the core game (TSW2 itself) and an update for each DLC for each version of that DLC
    If you remember TSW2 itself has NO CONTENT and all content is within the DLC

So if you update the core game from UE4.26 you have to update each DLC you own to a 4.26 version of that DLC otherwise it would simply crash on load.
    DTG said that the core update and each DLC update would be released on Tuesday, but that the console specific versions of those DLC would not be released until Thursday...
    This would mean for PS5 and new Xbox owners they would download two versions of the DLC, the base version on Tuesday (as well as the core update on Tuesday) and then the new console version on Thursday, so that's three downloads to go wrong

• Like Like x 1
  29. Disintegration7

Yeah just gonna have to wait and see.

30. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

ARuscoe But it doesn't make much sense for old generation users to have to upgrade their DLC. How are they supposed to do that?

• Like Like x 1
  31. ARuscoe

Old gen users will get UE4.26 DLC as part of the initial release (would have been Tuesday). In essence you're getting the "fixed" versions of the DLC as per the patch notes last week and rebaked in UE4.26, and if you buy the Boston route you get the default console version of that with the extra passengers (100 as opposed to 50) and the recoloured and textured passengers

The "double download" would have been limited to new gen console users. Old gen and PC would not have had to do this, but EVERYONE had to redownload their entire collection again to move to the new UE engine.

Hope that makes sense

32. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

So that's what I was thinking, that the ps4 and xbox one versions will already have all the dlc updates included in the main update, no additional downloads) apart from Boston Sprinter of course).
    So it would be like this?
    -Old gen users: Only download the main update. And then Boston Sprinter (whoever buys it).

-New gen users: Download the new version of TSW2 (for ps5 and S/X series), and download also the new version of all DLCs. And then Boston Sprinter (whoever buys it)

33. ARuscoe

• Old gen users: Download the main software update and the old gen update for each DLC they own. And then old gen Boston Sprinter (whoever buys it)
    • New gen users: Download the main software update and the new gen update for each DLC they own. And then new gen Boston Sprinter (whoever buys it)

34. smugstarlord#4202

So what time is the Playstation UK release? Is it midnight tonight or 5pm tomorrow?

35. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

If Aus and NZ got it at midnight in their time zones then you can assume it will be midnight here too (unless the PS Store is using GMT/UTC instead of BST).

36. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Please note that the second stream is cut off, watch it on twitch link instead. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1116253259

37. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Its not spam, and it also depend on the timezone, but its in german :(

38. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The easy answer was someone was given a product key for the new update and route.

39. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

• Like Like x 1
  40. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

Which part of the video are you talking about?

41. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

The part when he try to put the wiper from 0 to 100%, but it won't work

42. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

How is it not working? He grabbed the manual wiper control and moved it. That's how it's supposed to work.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I don't think that YouTuber has an Australian accent... ;)

Cheers

44. simworld#5272

simworld#5272 Member

I lost my extra 7 add-ons when installing the core update. (Add-ons were: Northern Trans-Pennine, Long Island Rail Road, Main Spessart-Bahn, Ruhr Sieg-Nord, Rapid Transit, DB BR 182, and Great Western Express.) This is maybe a bug. When will them return?

• Like Like x 1
  45. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

What platform do you play on ?

46. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It is downloading.

• Like Like x 1
  47. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

It took a while to download, but it's working for me on PC/Steam now. Just had a quick look on Boston and MSB. Eventually the game crashed when exiting MSB map in a way I had not seen before (although can't tell if it's the game's fault or perhaps some of my engine.ini modifications are not compatible with the updated engine).

48. simworld#5272

simworld#5272 Member

Platform: PlayStation 4. Software for the game: Version 1.42 Software for the console: Version 8.52

• Like Like x 1
  49. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Those are preserved collection routes , so those should be available later

50. simworld#5272

simworld#5272 Member

Ok, thanks.