Step By Step - How To Upgrade My Collection From Ps4 To Ps5 (and Other Ps Faqs)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG JD, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello folks. Thanks for your patience whilst we've put this together. Here are some instructions around how to upgrade your collection from PS4 to PS5, plus some other FAQs around upgrading with the Digital Collector's Edition and Disc Collector's Edition.

Step By Step – How to upgrade my collection from PS4 to PS5.

Important note: At this time Profiles will NOT transfer from PS4 to PS5. You can choose whether you'd like to upgrade to PS5, or remain on the PS4 builds if you would like to retain your PS4 profile progress.

1) Turn on your Machine and make sure you are logged into your PlayStation account.
    (You do not need Train Sim World 2 downloaded on your machine, your ownership is recognised from your account)

2) To start the Train Sim World 2 core update, select to manually upgrade the core game from the TSW2 Game hub – Update notes here.

3) When the core update is complete you will need to manually select to upgrade your add-ons from PS4-PS5. This will trigger a second download.

4) You can purchase any additional add-ons on PS5 now.

If you're not based in the US, and are playing on a PS4, and are not seeing your Preserved Content over 12 hours after your initial download of the Core update, we recommend taking these steps:
    • Prompt your console to re-download an add-on by viewing "Your Add-ons"
    • Check that all download file sizes (once you've uninstalled) have been updated to the new file sizes on the console
    • To view the status of PS4™ system storage or extended storage, and manage saved content. Select upload_2021-8-18_18-48-58.jpeg (Settings) > [Storage].
    • Start installs to verify that correct package for your console is being pulled
    If over 12 hours has elapsed, and you're still not seeing your Preserved content after following the steps above, please contact our Support team with as much information as you can (where you are in the world, PS4/PS5, etc.), who will try to help.

Can I upgrade to the PS5 version with the TSW 2 Collector's Edition disc?

Yes, but to ensure that you are also entitled to the add-ons on the disc, entitlement will go live 1-2 weeks after the release of Rush Hour.

NOTE: you should still be able to play all your content (including any Season Ticket or Rush Hour routes) on the PS4 version. These will then port over when you can upgrade.

How can I upgrade to the PS5 version with the TSW 2 Digital Collector's Edition?

We are currently experiencing a delay for users who are upgrading from the PS4 digital Collectors edition to the PS5 version.

At this time we anticipate it will take up to 7 days before it becomes available to upgrade, though that's a worst-case scenario. We will keep you updated if this timescale changes.

NOTE: you should still be able to play all your content (including any Season Ticket or Rush Hour routes) on the PS4 version. These will then port over when you can upgrade.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

So I should delete all my current PS4 content? Is that correct?

3. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

What exactly do you mean by "TSW2 Game hub"?

• Like Like x 2
  4. johntay

johntay Member

So if I own every dlc for tsw 2 and I started with the collectors edition to build my collection up I can’t get the rush hour Boston dlc for a whole week that’s absolutely ridiculous people have spend thousands of pounds investing in this to be penalised. That’s crazy and should be fixed immediately we are the ones that will buy your dlc on day one even if they are not what interests them as it builds up there collection were are the ones loyal to you and not just picking it up as they have a nice new PlayStation and just want to try it then never play it again hence never spending money on more dlc again. Don’t think loyal customers should be treated like this

• Like Like x 2
  5. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Well, you're not wrong and it's lucky I am in New Zealand and caught this issue early for the rest of you, I guarantee the dtg clowns did not even consider this until i posted about it.

• Like Like x 4
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Sounds like at step 1 I can remove the PS4 version from the PS5 first. Then go to the store and download the PS5 version directly as it knows I own it, then continue with the instructions

• Like Like x 1
  7. DXR8002

Just pray you didn't buy the collector's version.

8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Let us know how you get on

9. TinTin_57

I think I have been saved your pain mate fortunately for me

• Like Like x 1
  10. johntay

johntay Member

You will not have all your dlc if you take you digital collector edition off and try to buy the standard version

11. johntay

johntay Member

It was the first post I saw was yours and was furious the more I read all the comments the angrier I got not a happy person. So many people have spend thousands on there dlc to be treated like this

• Like Like x 1
  12. DXR8002

You should have, if you buy the ps5 standard version the add ons should be free even if you bought them with the digital collectors version.

13. johntay

johntay Member

thats true cause they are seprate downlaods and liscenses i never thought of it that way. Suppose its worth a try if it dosnt work just reinstall the collectors version and they are all back again. I wont find out till midnight tonight in the UK Fingers crossed i dont mind if i have to buy the standard editon again as i aint waitng over a week to get rush hour and the new core update with all the new features for the PS5 which brings it in line with the PC Version.

If it was just a dlc for a new route i would just wait the week but this is a massive thing upgrading the ps4 version to the PS5 version so we finally get the benifit if our shiny new systems

14. DTG JD

You should be able to play it, but it'd be on the PS4 version until the update becomes available - it's absolutely not ideal, and we apologise, but we'll try to expedite this where possible. 7 days is the worst-case scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  15. grinsekatze#2831

grinsekatze#2831 New Member

Kann irgendwer mir das auf deutsch erklären was ich machen muss? Ich check hier garnichts xD

16. DTG JD

Ich spreche leider nicht sehr gut Deutsch, also habe ich das in Google Translate eingegeben.

Hoffentlich macht das Sinn!

Hallo Leute. Vielen Dank für Ihre Geduld, während wir dies zusammengestellt haben. Hier finden Sie einige Anweisungen zum Upgrade Ihrer Sammlung von PS4 auf PS5 sowie einige andere häufig gestellte Fragen zum Upgrade mit der Digital Collector's Edition und der Disc Collector's Edition.

Schritt für Schritt – So aktualisieren Sie meine Sammlung von PS4 auf PS5.

Wichtiger Hinweis: Zu diesem Zeitpunkt werden Profile NICHT von PS4 auf PS5 übertragen. Sie können wählen, ob Sie auf PS5 aktualisieren oder bei den PS4-Builds bleiben möchten, wenn Sie Ihren PS4-Profilfortschritt beibehalten möchten.

1) Schalten Sie Ihren Computer ein und stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie bei Ihrem PlayStation-Konto angemeldet sind.
    (Sie müssen Train Sim World 2 nicht auf Ihrem Computer herunterladen, Ihr Eigentum wird von Ihrem Konto erkannt)

2) Um das Core-Update von Train Sim World 2 zu starten, wählen Sie, um das Basisspiel manuell über den TSW2-Game-Hub zu aktualisieren – Update-Hinweise hier.

3) Wenn das Core-Update abgeschlossen ist, müssen Sie manuell auswählen, um Ihre Add-Ons von PS4-PS5 zu aktualisieren. Dadurch wird ein zweiter Download ausgelöst.

4) Du kannst jetzt alle zusätzlichen Add-Ons für PS5 kaufen.

Wenn Sie nicht in den USA ansässig sind und auf einer PS4 spielen und Ihre beibehaltenen Inhalte 12 Stunden nach dem ersten Herunterladen des Core-Updates nicht sehen, empfehlen wir Ihnen, die folgenden Schritte auszuführen:
    Fordern Sie Ihre Konsole auf, ein Add-On erneut herunterzuladen, indem Sie "Ihre Add-Ons" anzeigen.
    Überprüfen Sie, ob alle Download-Dateigrößen (nach der Deinstallation) auf die neuen Dateigrößen in der Konsole aktualisiert wurden
    Um den Status des PS4™-Systemspeichers oder des erweiterten Speichers anzuzeigen und gespeicherte Inhalte zu verwalten. Wählen Sie upload_2021-8-18_18-48-58.jpeg (Einstellungen) > [Speicher].
    Starten Sie die Installationen, um zu überprüfen, ob das richtige Paket für Ihre Konsole gezogen wird
    Wenn mehr als 12 Stunden vergangen sind und Sie Ihre konservierten Inhalte immer noch nicht sehen, nachdem Sie die obigen Schritte ausgeführt haben, wenden Sie sich bitte mit so vielen Informationen wie möglich an unser Support-Team (wo Sie sich auf der Welt befinden, PS4/PS5 usw.). , die versuchen zu helfen.

Kann ich mit der TSW 2 Collector's Edition-Disc auf die PS5-Version upgraden?

Ja, aber um sicherzustellen, dass Sie auch Anspruch auf die Add-Ons auf der Disc haben, wird die Berechtigung 1-2 Wochen nach der Veröffentlichung von Rush Hour live geschaltet.

Wie kann ich mit der TSW 2 Digital Collector's Edition auf die PS5-Version upgraden?

Wir erleben derzeit eine Verzögerung für Benutzer, die von der digitalen PS4-Sammleredition auf die PS5-Version aktualisieren.

Derzeit gehen wir davon aus, dass es bis zu 7 Tage dauern wird, bis ein Upgrade verfügbar ist, obwohl dies ein Worst-Case-Szenario ist. Wir halten Sie auf dem Laufenden, wenn sich dieser Zeitplan ändert.

• Like Like x 1
  17. grinsekatze#2831

18. grinsekatze#2831

Hey , you can explian it again in Englisch but pls with more steps.

19. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

I have TSW2 collectors edition on disc, I am on a PS5 currently. Will I be able to get the new PS5 version? Is so will I have the dlcs that come with the collectors edition? I'm extremely confused as to what I need to do as I have TSW2 collectors edition on disc.

20. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

DTG can you just answer a simple question. Do I delete all my PS4 content?

Absolutely disgraceful but nothing surprises me with DTG anymore. Just full of apologies with customers let down time and time again.

21. DTG JD

Currently, you won't be able to upgrade for free (the option won't be available). The option should arrive within the time period we put above (1-2 weeks) - which isn't ideal, and we apologise for. You will still be able to, if you choose, grab the season ticket and/or the Boston Sprinter route and play on the PS4 version until the free upgrade though.

22. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t hold your breath.

23. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Ok, thank you for your response. When I upgrade to the PS5 version when it's available will I have the season ticket (that I bought) and all my other DLCs on there?

24. DTG JD

Only if you want to save space on your console. It's not a prerequisite. The troubleshooting tips at the bottom of the post are if you haven't received the second update (with the remastered Preserved content) within 12 hours (or thereabouts) after the initial download, as there's a delay.

• Like Like x 1
  25. DTG JD

You should do, absolutely.

• Like Like x 1
  26. moczs_65

moczs_65 Active Member

No. They didn't said that.

27. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Not going to lie, pretty frustrated about the whole situation. I understand it's a complex upgrade moving between generations but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

As I have the digital deluxe edition it doesn't look like I'll be getting the upgrade for up to 7 days. If I want to take advantage of the RH launch discount I'll need to buy the Season Pass before this, then not get to play it for up to a week! I know I could play it on the PS4 version but since my profile won't carry over to PS5 there's not really much point as I'd have to repeat everything next week.

Could the launch discount be extended for platforms that have been delayed?

• Like Like x 1
  28. kobo

kobo Active Member

how do i check which version of tsw2 i have? i can't remember what i bought anymore.

29. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You'd have to go into the PS store and check each version. If you own the collectors edition it will show as all 3 are owned. If you only own the standard edition, the other 2 versions will say purchase on them.

30. kobo

kobo Active Member

i bought the deluxe edition. I'm screwed aren't I?

31. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

There's a lot of us that will be in the same boat though.
    I'll just get RH on the PS4 version until it's sorted out.
    I don't mind doing the trophies again.

32. kobo

kobo Active Member

I've given up trying to understand this whole mess. no disrespect to the developers, but this whole thing has been confusing to the point where no amount of re-explaining anything will help me. i'm just going to boot up my ps5 tomorrow and see what i can and can't get. then wait until i can get something. this has turned into such a complicated mess that you need the understanding of quantam physics, molecular properties, and a phd in nuclear physics, and you still won't understand.

• Like Like x 8
  33. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I already get the "free ps5 update". It gives you the option to download both versions or just the one you prefer.
    The ps5 version is 11,349 GB.
    I also got the rush hour season ticket, but without the launch discount they said there would be.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

11,349GB!?

Also, did you previously own the collectors or digital deluxe edition on PS4?

35. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

I’m aware of the delay. However, I don’t have collectors edition, but digital deluxe edition. But I still can’t update tsw2. Is there any way I can do this or does it mean I might be in the batch of waiting for a few more days?

36. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I had the standard edition of tsw 2, with the 3 basic routes.

37. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

That's why you got it then. Those who own the CE or DE versions can't upgrade yet

38. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Read above. Both CE and DE are affected

39. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s the Collectors Edition, both disc and digital that are named as being affected. The Deluxe Edition has not been mentioned officially.

40. taylormade#6721

I’ve checked and haven’t seen deluxe edition mentioned in there.
    This is what Dovetail said:
    “We are currently experiencing a delay for users who are upgrading from the PS4 digital Collectors edition to the PS5 version.”

41. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Right. PS5 upgrade is live now in the UK. You can download the standard edition and all your routes will be marked as free in the DLC section of the store including ECW, PenCor and HRR.

42. TinTin_57

Did you remove the PS4 version from your PS5 first just out of interest?

43. taylormade#6721

Status update: still can’t update yet. Just bought the season ticket so will have to wait until I can

44. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Nope, I didn't as my PS4 version is on my external HDD.

• Like Like x 1
  45. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

You're doing better than me, I can't do either

46. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The season ticket for PS4 isn't showing up yet. It should arrive soon.

47. taylormade#6721

Really? Do you have collectors edition?

48. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Scratch that it's just appeared, and with a very nice 10% discount, thank you PS+

49. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

And the upgrades have appeared as well but I won't be taking them
    I have spent way too long on that profile to do it all over again

50. taylormade#6721

Alright ju
    where about did you find them? I can’t upgrade as I’ve said. But do I check for the update like I would on any other game? Or is there some other way? image.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.