Might Be Helpful Ps5 News. (oh And Avoid Updating The Ps4 Version!!!!)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Tynmar, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

UK ps5 user and just been looking around before much needed sleep.

searching train in the store you’ll find this (11gb)

06503C7A-0971-4D89-8A04-F364A854F4C3.jpeg

Download as normal and I guess you’ll then have the option to load 4 or 5 version clicking on the dots next to launch game.

F7B42FBE-D8C9-4EA9-ADA7-0389DBAEBFD4.jpeg
    This way the simple way to enjoy the latest gen version. And pop back to enjoy those items that aren’t coming over or pick old trophies. (This will be me getting that plat)

All owned DLC is available as free on the store am pleased to report.

Also pleased to report the season ticket has a PS PLUS discount

4E7A6C7B-7C87-4562-B02B-4A697A5C9A05.jpeg

crazy the Boston DLC is regular price, you’d be mad not to pony up a couple of quid and go all in.

weird no PS4 core version update yet. Currently not keen on installing Boston as not sure it will work as the route won’t be supported in the PS4 version.

(That’s my main gripe at the moment, new DLC but not confident the old release of 1.39 will like it)

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Tiny update and trying to keep this a poor mans wiki/sticky to help the confused (the info issued was poor I’m not going to lie)

PS4 no rush hour pass or Boston stand-alone as the game update itself hasn’t been made available for us to download yet. Weird and another reason they really should have pushed this out earlier in the week.

not going to purchase rush hour season ticket yet on the 5 release in case they messed up and I won’t get in on the 4 version which I still intend to play. (Am sure it’ll be fine but still, safe than sorry etc)

hopefully 1.40 will be available for PS4 version Thursday at some point… to support the new route… and again 1.41 being the mega core update with the giant list of fixed.

shall return to this tomorrow once the update is live for the PS4 version.

now to download all the levels and trains for the PS5 :cool:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Okay, I’m trying to update on PS4 at the moment and it isn’t happening. UK, standard version of TSW2. Nothing there.

“The installed application is the latest version.”

I’m going to bed. I’m not even going to take the PS5 out of it’s box until everything is on the PS4 and working. One level of ‘can’t cope with this’ at a time for me. I already went through this repeatedly checking for updates once on Tuesday when I thought it was coming then. It can wait until tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

stujoy indeed the PS4 version is stuck and now behind the times. Will update this thread as soon as it goes live and add any info I can along the way.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

From what others said in tonight's stream, they didn't see the PS4 season ticket or the B-P route for about an hour after midnight their time.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone on the PS4 version will see it or have the option to download as the game simply won’t run it. 1.39 doesn’t support it.

more content than the game knows about, poor sods.

7. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

So far I’ve noticed…

A wonderful new loading video, with no lag

DTG live log on page. Can’t connect to server before even entering any info is displayed.

the trophies were in 3 sets before... Now it’s Just the game and everything/DLCS bundled in here. (Think I like this, apart from missed IOW opportunity)

CEBCABD9-0C8A-4E5F-9E81-70612C787485.jpeg
    as above this list just keeps going down and has all 39 DLC’s inc Boston

the store within the game has the new view with logos etc. Prices and content doesn’t fully load. But clicking buy takes you to the store store (yes types twice) abs it will display either free if you owned or the price.

OMG the loading times, the screenshots/slideshow barely showed one image before jumping right in. SSD in full effect.

8. unseendreamer

unseendreamer New Member

Ive managed to find them and download all my dlc's on ps5, just search the store fore it, alls well apart from gwr, keeps giving me an error code (CE-107880-4) everytime i try to download it? Not sure what the issue is, says i purchased it, just wont download ill try it again tomorrow once everthings processed i suppose

9. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Same here, only DLC that won't download is GWE. ...

10. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Yes, GWE seems to be causing problems. Let's hope DTG staff pick up on this in the morning.

11. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

unseendreamer yep myself and a few others are getting this. Someone may log a ticket but imagine DTG staff will be all other the forums picking this up.

12. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

The same here and I can't login at dtg account...

13. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

1.42 is finally live after taking its sweet time, this is for the PS4 version.

imagine once installed you’ll be getting the option of downloading / purchasing the season ticket for the PS4 release

(Those purchasing the PS5 version and downloading the route for the 4 version stopped the game to launch)

just thinking if I had waited till the morning there would have been so much less fuss :cool:

I’ve lame internet so will purchase season pass in the morning once this update as gone through.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mleestrike101delta

mleestrike101delta Member

My PS4 version updated and when I started it up a got a message saying most of the DLCs were not up to the core version of the game. I'm uninstalling and reinstalling everything to see if it fixes it. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Seems like it's a common issue.
    My PS4 version does the same and then crashes back to the XMB.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

please let us know how the uninstall reinstall goes

did you both have the new DLC installed before the core 1.42 was downloaded??

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Nope, I didn't as I haven't purchased the season ticket yet.
    The PS5 version seems to be running ok though.

18. septafan

septafan Active Member

I went into the library clicked TSW2 went to purchased and hit the download arrow and re download the routes and add-on back to the game.

19. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Not sure why am awake, work in a few hours.
    Couldn’t work out why this was ticking over the size. Restarted and it changed to a 17gb update and finished.
    9EE45257-E169-4399-9624-9FD25A7A0D48.jpeg

guess this is the same as others. I haven’t downloaded the new DLC. (I do have a giant list of ps5 add ons in the queue?)
    84CB8A25-4C2C-42DA-A04C-6211C645E8AD.jpeg

No route support added, or not mentioned here. In the past it’ll say what’s supported.
    08EC2DFE-3F94-431E-8CA3-A8DE9AC40BE8.jpeg

20. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Noticed the game size since the update has gone from 90plus to 88.02gb odd it would drop.

the new core doesn’t want to play ball with any dlc installed. Shall leave the PS5 version to finish its DLC overnight and give it some more trial and error in the morning.

21. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hi folks. We posted a thread here about how the rollout process would happen.

There is an update due later today which will enable the remastered preserved routes (this is for non-US players). In the meantime, please do not repurchase any add-ons you already own.

I'll update this thread when it's live.

I've passed on the GWE issue on PS5 and we'll investigate - the your DTL accounts I've pinged to see if we can help with the load it's currently experiencing.

22. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Thanks JD, could you also look at getting someone to switch the Dovetail Live server back on? :D

23. DTG JD

Already pinged them :). It is 7.28am here though, so not sure how quickly it'll be picked up.

• Like Like x 1
  24. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Thanks for the quick response JD.

25. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I’m going to guess that as it’s a new, separate version of the game and the fact it came out at midnight. It just needs someone on the DTL team to flick the ON switch when they sign into work :)

26. DTG JD

Someone from Sony's EU team, actually! As mentioned, we'll update when we can.

• Like Like x 1
  27. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Right, downloaded the update for PS5...all working fine, slowly adding the DLCs, that also seems to be going fine.

Purchased the Season Ticket thing (still don't understand it), but noticed the Boston DLC was suddenly free, downloaded it...can't find it on the menu!

As for the PS4 version, it gives me the option to play it on my PS5, but because theirs no core update for that it's crashing all the time.

Today is going to be a long day!

28. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The core update has been done for PS4, it's just that someone from Sony needs to turn the new versions of the DLCs on manually (according to JD in other posts).

29. porawit

porawit Member

When will the update for Steam be released?

30. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

will this be fixed for ps4 users

31. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I've managed to get the PS4 version running but I had to delete the game and reinstall it without any DLCs.
    Hopefully the issue with DLCs will get sorted today.

32. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

thnaks for posting this so did you just delete the game and re install from library

33. DTG JD

Yes; please see this thread.

34. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

so if i do this will the boston route work and i will just have to wait for fix so i can get all of my old routes back as i have bought all the route apart form cane creek

35. DTG JD

Yes - don't panic! (by the way, this isn't a fix per se, it's just the next stage of the update, which has to be pushed manually by Sony's EU team).

36. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

do you delete just the application or do you delete all from your storage saves as well

37. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I think I will remove the PS4 version before it starts updating and just go straight for the PS5 version. I don't need the PS4 version to stay on there really

38. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

im now re downloading the whole game

39. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

i deleted tsw2 and then re download

40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m downloading the PS5 version now.

I’ve bought the season pass which makes the Boston Sprinter route on PSN free. I’ll download that once the main game is installed. Everything running smoothly so far.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Hmm. When downloading Boston Sprinter, both the PS4 and PS5 versions started downloading - even though I only have the PS5 version of TSW 2 on my PS5. I have cancelled the PS4 one.

• Like Like x 1
  42. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Yeah, an annoying feature of the way PSN / PS5 works. At least it's quick n easy to cancel the PS4 download.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

OMG what an evening or morning that was :(:mad::D

and now the wait for someone to flick the switch so the update see’s the light :)

cheers DTG JD will look out for the news later and one of us will confirm we no longer get the error ;)

• Like Like x 1
  44. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

My first PS4 update (on the PS4) is currently downloading, and there will be one (or more) to follow for the DLC according to all accounts. After that’s all done, I’ll move on to unboxing the PS5, set that up, and acquire the shiny PS5 version and all the DLC. After that, I shall purchase the season pass and download Boston on both. That should be the easiest way to ensure this complex manoeuvre goes smoothly I reckon. One thing at a time, no rush, no stress.

In the meantime, if I fancy driving a train, I shall fire up TSW2020 !!!

• Like Like x 2
  45. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

i had last night bought the ps4 version of the season ticket then downloaded Boston sprinter then game did not work because the core update had not been relaise this morning i didnt stop core update in time so the game just crashes

46. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

as long as you are all up to date both core update (your version should be 1.42) and all DLC installed you’ll be fine JD will post here and elsewhere on other threads and announcements too when it should load without error.

47. tezza#1808

tezza#1808 New Member

They’ve cocked this up
    it seems they’ve made a major LOVE up funny the ps5 and Xbox series don’t seem to b having a problem

48. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

i am in middle of Arosaline trophy completion, i just want to 100% it on my ps4 before i move onto the ps5 version.
    Then ill start the next dlc one on the ps5, is that possible or will these updates balls up my current save game. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  49. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

once you install the PS5 update and all owned DLC you’ll have a lovely new set of trophies to unlock again :D progress will be set to zero as the 4 and 5 saves are separate with no transfer option. Think of it as a clean slate :cool:

50. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

delteing the came and re downlaoding everything on ps4 after update dose not work