Right Order Updates Or Goodbye Game...really?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Aug 18, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Matt said if they don't released the the updates in the right order it could render the game unplayable,with dtg track record of iffy updating i wonder if we should be worried that tsw2 might not work after thursday big update marathon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

rush hour is out at midnight for consoles right?? the core update alongside it??

3. SHINO BAZ

I'm not sure how many updates are going to be uploaded or what order they should be in,But the whole thing sounds like a disaster waiting to happen if not perfectly applied to tsw2.At this point we don't need anymore disappointments or let downs.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Because both core engine and DLC are moving to UE4.26 there will/may be a period when either:
    • The engine has been updated but not the DLC
    • Some of the DLC have updated, but not the engine
    In either case until both engine and DLC are on the same UE version those routes will be unplayable or missing from menus etc
    In other words when the upgrade / update process is going on it may be best to make sure you're on the latest versions or just play something else.

Of course even when they ARE all on the same versions there may be unforeseen issues, but that;s the basics of it

Part of the reason for delaying the update from yesterday is that those on newer consoles would have downloaded the core, and the UE4.26 of the last gen DLC and then on Thursday had to manually upgrade to the new gen 4.26 versions of the DLC with all the rigmarole and support issues that causes when people are playing and getting engine errors, mismatched graphics resolutions etc etc

At least if Thursday all goes well (very much fingers crossed) and once the upgrade is complete everyone should be on the right engine, with the right DLC version for their hardware and walk away happily into the sunshine singing "Kum-by-ah"... (I'll go round up the flying pigs)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

we have no confirmed time that's what they said in the delay post

6. ARuscoe

Unfortunately the new DLC won't work until the update is also installed (UE4.26 required)

7. Knightfire1964

I know hence why when people say that the dlc is coming out at midnight is stupid as it needs that core update and they have no time on when that's coming

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

A step by step guide will be appearing on the forum today for console upgrades and I suspect the update and DLC release times will be given to us at some point too, if not in that thread. Until then nobody knows what exactly will happen or what time it will all release.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

All we can say is that the DLC will be purchasable at midnight. The updates necessary to play it are anyone's guess.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I am taking DTG’s statement about this with an extra large pinch of salt; theoretically if the update had been released yesterday as originally planned, everything would have been taken care of by Smart Delivery on Xbox. On PS5, users would have had to delete the PS4 version and download the PS5 version manually, whether that be yesterday or tomorrow. Either way, why does delaying the update avoid a game-breaking situation? It doesn’t as far as I can see; in fact I would say that by delaying it, there is a greater chance that someone tries to load up Boston with v4.23, so this is a little smoke and mirrors on DTG’s part. Bless ‘em.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ARuscoe

Maybe for PS5 players it does... especially given that they would update from 4.23 to 4.26 and KEEP their save games (they would be using the PS4 version of the DLC) and then two days later they would download the PS5 specific DLC versions and lose their save games and so on...

So this seems to be a reaction to that

12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

According to JD in another post, there’ll be a specific PS5 version going live tomorrow (presumably at midnight). The PS4 and PS5 versions of the game are separate products. I know it was that way with Final Fantasy 14. So tomorrow morning (not midnight), I expect to be able to download a fresh copy of TSW 2 (PS5 version), the PS5 versions of all my existing DLC and the PS5 version of Boston Sprinter. The PS4 version I deleted a few weeks back should be confined to the history books.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks - we've tried to outline the rollout process for the updates as clearly as we can here for different platforms.

Hope you find this useful. In response to the Xbox query to kick this off, Xbox players will receive access to Core and Boston at the same time.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Knightfire1964

Cheers jd hope your day goes smoothly

• Like Like x 1
  15. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We can dream :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. ARuscoe

Yep, and it will be a completely separate game from the PS4 version... hence the issue with savegame transfer (presumably)
    And "Presumably at midnight" is hopefully? maybe? fingers crossed?

• Like Like x 2
  17. SHINO BAZ

So if your xbox is set to auto update would it get the i'm guessing core update frist and only then should you buy or add new dlc or should one turn auto update off and manual download updated updates?

18. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

You should see whats going on in the Playstation section. Apparently some New Zelanaders are having issues.

It looks like if you bought the collectors or deluxe versions of TSW 2 it is not recognizing you own it and is making you purchase the PS5 version.

DTG have said it could take 1-2 for it to recognize you own it. Chalk that up to the Sony store.

19. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I thought Nat said that it would take 1-2 weeks for the disc editions only.

20. bakedpotatos.jm

No the guy that is having the issues doesn't have a disc drive he bought the digital version. And as per Nat on that thread

"This is a temporary delay for digital collector's edition holders. We will give you a timeframe as soon as we are able."

So yeah the digital versions

21. bakedpotatos.jm

Also if you read the breakdown of the install info, it seems Xbox is the only delayed one PS get all their stuff at Midnight and we have to wait, as well as PC users.

22. ARuscoe

Just to note, you cannot be MADE to purchase anything. What's happening is you're not being offered the free update / upgrade as you should be
    This is the same issue as happened for Disc and Digital Deluxe version owners of TSW when it moved to TSW2 (which took a few days to work out a solution, so I expect the same here)

23. dd025647

dd025647 New Member

The xbox version will probably come out when the game pass version is in the game pass the discount ends 0:40 uk time and every game pass game has 20% discount. I think when the discount ends the core update and rush hour will come out at 0:40 uk time on xbox or 1:00 am

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  24. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

You were also going to post details shortly after this how people should upgrade still waiting.

25. Princess Entrapta

Meanwhile I'm sitting here with my second covid jab kicking in thinking I probably don't mind a delay, as I am likely to be totally out of it the next 24h or so, and thus incapable of playing.

26. bakedpotatos.jm

My second jab was awful. I felt like a truck had hit me. Fortunately it only lasted a day.

Lots of fluids is a must.

• Like Like x 2
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to unistall everything and redownload once the update is available, just to make extra sure to avoid any compatibility issues, also will I need to download a different version if I want the Series X version or will it figure out automatically what to download based on my console?

28. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Your console should download the correct version without any input from you!

• Like Like x 2
  29. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool, thanks

30. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Got the update and didn't even realized it installed now all my collectors edition dlc + DLC i purchased don't even show up it keeps telling me to update them when they don't have any updates. (Xbox)

31. MrMisterMonsieur

MrMisterMonsieur New Member

I uninstalled my DLC and redownloaded them and it worked for me after that

32. leelarner

leelarner New Member

Anyone know on xbox how to exit the game to the main menu it doesn't seem to be as simple for me like before the update my SEHS and GWE routes are still downloading don't know if this is part of the issue why there is no exit button

33. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Press the xbox menu button and try reloading the game

34. bakedpotatos.jm

You should probably at least wait for everything to download before starting the game.

And I'm just going to wait until they tell me it's OK to download as per the instructions. Maybe all these issues are because they haven't said its all OK to download. Maybe not...who knows?

35. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Just been on the playstation forum and its gone bad from what ive read its made the game unplayable

36. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

PS4 version yes, PS5 version seems ok and actually runs.

37. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

The game auto updated i wasn't even trying to get it. I went to load up the game and it gave me all those errors.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

I tried that but i cant even install some of the routes its giving me an error for.

39. Larvi

Larvi New Member

I have the disc version and my xbox forced an update and then none of the dlc worked anymore, so had to uninstall and reinstall all of that which is going to take forever. My save game wasn't compatible anymore either. Has anyone checked if you buy dlc for the 2020 version will it still work with TSW2 or is that broken now too? All in all not a smooth transition in anyway, haven't had a chance to play much to see if any new bugs have been introduced but I know my scripts will all have to be rewritten since the UI changed (and not for the better imo)

40. Princess Entrapta

So pretty much like what's being reported on XBox One?

41. Princess Entrapta

Every bit of preserved collection DLC I have for TSW2 from purchasing TSW2020 redownloaded and gave me the new version - and is loading up fine in TSW2 as before, though with VASTLY improved environmental graphics (And some glitching cab interiors behaving like the trees used to)

42. Larvi

Larvi New Member

Thanks, yeah, my existing preserved DLCs are working as well (once I deleted and reinstalled), was more curious about any new DLC purchases for TSW2020 that I should make in the future.