Is The Game Working Properly On Xbox One After The Update Has Been Done?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by GothicMatt, Aug 19, 2021.

1. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Im currently waiting for the core update to finish downloading and install aswell as all my dlcs that i own except boston sprinter as ill wait to get it, has anyone been able to play the game and is it working like it should be?

2. MrMisterMonsieur

MrMisterMonsieur New Member

Seems fine on my side, but I needed to uninstall est reinstall all my DLC

3. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Oh crikey, so im going to have to wait for it to finish downloading it all and then uninstall and then reinstall im guessing

• Like Like x 1
  4. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Have you been able to play on any routes and have them all installed?

5. AmtrakAcela75

AmtrakAcela75 Member

Does anyone know if tsw2 will have to be installed to the internal SSD? Or can be run off a HDD? Since some games like halo master chief collection has a series x update but doesn't need to be stored on the SSD

6. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Im reinstalling tsw2 on the internal ssd but im not sure it really matters if u have it on HDD as it should work the same way

7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I've got updates for some DLC in the manage updates area but not all DLC. Class 31, Class 20, MSB and SEHS. If there's no Tees Valley Line update, those locos will not show up. I'm going to try the uninstall of the ones not showing updates and see if the version number changes.

8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

There clearly more problems then solutions at this point.I'm guessing dtg got a (More Work Needed)sign on there door just below the we bleeped up again sign.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I've been watching my machines queue and so far all the DLC has upgraded properly and I'm about 2/3 of them all showing upgraded.

So a good sign so far.

10. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Well ive just uninstalled and reinstalled everything and all my routes show up on xbox one and everything seems to be working ok, just did a quick drive on gwe that worked fine, doing london bakerloo line that seems to be working

11. fl991r

fl991r Member

Everything seems to be working great. The new graphics are nice, I love having all the layers, and the new immersion controls are a real step up.

But the real star of the show is that disappearing crosshair. Not having to hit "ctrl-8" three times over and over again is a gamechanger.

The one thing that doesn't work for me is the "AFB speed down" control. I think it's operations key + LB or LT? (Neither work for me). I'm used to using the R and F keys for that so it's not a big problem, but I'd like to know if it's happening for anyone else or just for me.

12. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

It's a true Gen: Scarlett release, so it will be SSD, load times were already super quick running it via back compat on SSD, hopefully they'll still be pretty quick, as I noticed Wreckfest went from being really fast on SSD via back compat, to marginally slower once it had the current gen overhaul installed.

13. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

It took some time for all of my DLC updates to trickle through in the 'Updates' section of My Games & Apps, but eventually all 38 DLC's showed up, and then I added the Boston Sprinter route via the Season Ticket.

• Like Like x 2
  14. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I have been doing the uninstall and reinstall way, which did seem to get the current versions (my Xbox One X shows the new versions with lower version numbers on the file info).

15. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

Same here! :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Are you on the new consoles or old ones?

17. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Xbox Series X.

18. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Could be Xbox One is not getting all the updates. I have read someone else is having this issue. Going smoothly on Series X then.

19. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

Xbox Series X.

20. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It appears the version numbers must be different between console generations then.

21. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I have an xbox one s, to install do I have to uninstall everything I own. Why?

Can you not just install the update without doing this? I have never had to do this before and am confused!

22. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

I just let all of my add-ons and the base game update themselves, and then when I first loaded up, everything was recognised, including the Boston Sprinter route, and it plays fine.

I didn't uninstall anything beforehand.

23. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Updating or installing usually downloads the full add-on again anyway.

24. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

You shouldn't need to uninstall anything unless you are looking to create more space on your machine.

We are currently looking into what could be causing a delay in updates for Xbox users. Could you confirm if the core update has worked and it's only DLC updates you are having difficulty with?

25. jefalcon6

jefalcon6 Member

My core update is downloading. Only 4 dlc updates have arrived.

26. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Give it time, the rest should pop up in the 'Updates' section of My Games & Apps, failing that, try launching the game a few times, allowing it time to push through a notification or two each time about some DLC's requiring an upgrade, and accepting each one that does.

Worked for me, I just had to spend 7.5 hours downloading all the upgrades after that!

• Like Like x 1
  27. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Having no update-related issues on Series X so far. All DLC seems to have updated successfully.

Drove one Boston service (Amtrak train 93 Boston-Providence) and it was quite nice. Boston scenery seems well done. Good framerate even at 125mph, and everything seemed to be working. It's very A-B, though, so just be forewarned. Hoping the MBTA runs are a little more interesting.

I did get a weird flickering effect on the ACS control desk (mostly the ACSES panel) and the Xbox sound looping bug seems to have crossed over to UE 4.26, which is pretty disappointing.

Drove an ECW service (Brighton to Lewes)- PIS is working (finally!), and it really looks nice overall. First time driving this route on Series X and the trackside detail looked fantastic. Increased passenger volume is noticeable (but maybe this is what PC has had all along? I'm confused on which routes have the new passengers tbh).

Now riding an S3 service as a passenger out of Munchen on HMA and again I'm impressed. Seems much busier with all the layers and performance is solid.

I was very sceptical after the last few weeks of drama, but so far, so good. Want to get into a freight run on SPG or Cane Creek, but it's after 5am and it's even money whether my wife is still talking to me lol. Time for sleep!

PS my biggest negative is the new control scheme- the camera shift is very awkward IMO- maybe it feels more natural once you get used to it, but I'm glad i have classic controls option.

28. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

I'm on xbox one s. I have the core update but I only have SEHS, and the 3 starter routes

29. Hans Off

Hans Off New Member

I’m getting no external camera when at stations on the Bakerloo. (XBox One)

30. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

I haven’t played it myself yet, however I thought the extra passenger volume was only on Boston sprinter initially?

31. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

On my expirience so far getting much more passanger density, better distance vision, constant 60 fps no drops on zoom in, better texture quality. all in all SUPERB update
    I'm on a series s HDMI 60FPS

32. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

That would make sense if the version numbers are based on the different platforms' builds. It would also explain the Scarlett ones having lower version numbers than the Durango equivalents for some of the various DLCs.

• Like Like x 1
  33. neilwatson2007

neilwatson2007 Member

20210819_205024.jpg
    This came up on mine just now after switching it on for the first time since Sunday, I'm on Xbox 1 and currently doing console update to see how that goes

34. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Did u manage to sort it?

35. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

Am on series x. After mine were finished i played a bit and no issues

36. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Wow! Was able to play before, but now, it’s stuffed

37. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

To play X/S version would need to be on the internal SSD.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

SSD. I have mine on the 1TB Seagate External. Even before I put the game on the external SSD. Works like a charm.

39. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

As folks have said, it needs to go on the internal SSD, you can check for any given game what kind of storage it needs by going to file info. If it says "Durango" it can go on an external drive, if it says "Scarlett" it needs the internal SSD. Durango games with the "Gen9aware" tag have Series X/S enhancements (And the X/S logo on their icons) and are able to activate more features while running on a new console while still running in backcompat mode purely by brute-forcing the additional memory and CPU availability. TSW2 is not such a game, it's a full new build made for the hardware to utilise its full feature set.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  40. tony.bone

tony.bone New Member

just switched xbox on for 1st time in a couple of weeks.... to find a big update, so I let it run, now I only have 4 routes, none of my dlc....

41. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

look at the announcements or pinned posts there is instructions to get your dlc working again basically uninstall the base game and dlc you have problems with and start downloading the base game and the dlc after it and it should work as it did it for me

42. tyranus12

tyranus12 New Member

I had to install everything all over again. It was fun. When it finally finished I couldn't play as it took 3 hours. Fun. Now the keyboard won't work except in the menus.

43. Knightfire1964

are you sure it works for me

44. tyranus12

tyranus12 New Member

I tried it again today and it works again. still not sure why I couldn't use it yesterday

45. Knightfire1964

great to hear

46. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Check out the update on dovetail live. Worked for me so far