Ps4 Update Confusion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainiac, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Is it safe for me to update my PS4 now? I saw a few posts on the forums about bugs and crashes so I paused the update. Also if the preserved collection update is coming later how will I drive on those routes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

everything in error…just big shame on DTG that they never tested it…

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bullets_On_Parade

Bullets_On_Parade Member

I wouldn't update yet. Mine did about half an hour ago and now it's bricked. The game loads into the route selection screen. From there, only 5 routes of the approx. dozen I own show up and none of the ones there work. The game just crashes when you click on any of the routes.
    Pretty crap hey? I don't wanna be one of those self entitled people who whinge about anything that goes wrong but as a veteran who was looking forward to this as a way to escape the crap on multiple fronts that's going on in the world at the moment... I guess I will just have to find something else to distract me. Still, hundreds of dollars spent in the last 6 months and I can't use it... I nearly bought the rush hour season ticket too. Glad I had the foresight to see if the update was any good before giving them any more money.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

5. Trainiac

Looks like i’ll be waiting until the late afternoon for the update then. They should have just released it on the original date.

6. Bullets_On_Parade

Bullets_On_Parade Member

Does anyone know when "late afternoon" is referenced to as in which time zone? Is it safe for me to assume GMT? I'm already in the evening in my corner of the world so I guess this fix isn't happening for me today if that is the case. Maybe by the time I finish work tomorrow there will be good news. Also, are the forum post times based on my time zone or something else?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trainiac

I'd assume after 4 pm maybe?

8. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

What I have played of the update it is bloody good. I to am having problems, I have most routes and so far have only got four on the game to play. Although the playstation notifications say several others have been installed. But as I said what I played has been bloody good. Faster loading and without having to spam the buttons to get it to start. Hardly any stuttering, so so smooth. And passengers, well even without rush hour I have been getting more more at each station than I use to see on the whole route.

Hopefully they will sort it soon, it will be worth the wait going by what I have seen.

9. clemenstrain Nr. 9036

clemenstrain Nr. 9036 Member

I installed the update (15 GB) installed on my PS4 and opened the game. Everything is going fine for me, I just have one big problem: I only see 5 routes: Sand patch grade, bakerloo line, köln aachen, east coastway and main route rhein ruhr. I still own: Rapid Transit, Southeastern Highspeed, LGV Mediterranean, Main Line Munich Augsburg, Long ISland Rail ROad, West Somerset Railway, Main SPessart Bahn, RUhr SIeg Nord. None of these routes are shown to me in the main menu. If there is an update to these routes this afternoon, it would be the very last time I forgive Dovetail GAmes for anything tonight! It is an absolute cheek! That's 240 euros that I can't drive! Shame on you!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. clemenstrain Nr. 9036

11. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

Damm… I was excited to try the new update (which I’m currently updating) but after reading all this now. I’m concerned

• Like Like x 1
  12. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

With regards to missing route and loco add on dlc’s after the PS4 core update this morning I went to the dlc’s add on section of the PS store via the iPhone app and all my previous dlc purchases said free apart from the ones I got on the TSW2 deluxe disc which show me not having them and so wanting me to buy them ( I’ve got those on the physical disc ) I accidentally pressed add to Library for WSR dlc and I’ve got an email from the PS store just now saying that I’ve re purchased it again but it does say 00.00 so I don’t think I’ve been charged again? after I’d added WSR to my library this morning it said it’s release date was today. My question now is which version of WSR dlc did I download to my library by accident this morning? Was it the previous one I already owned / had with all my progress still intact and it’s just been re purchased for free? Was it a new version that works with the PS4 core update downloaded this morning? Or is it the PS5 version? ( Can you even download the PS5 version to a PS4? )

I’m well confused now.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. clemenstrain Nr. 9036

I was also excited. Sad... Hopefully your game is better than mine.

14. clemenstrain Nr. 9036

I'm also confused

15. shhweeet#4292

Confused.com :D

I might even have 3 versions of WSR in my PS4 library. The original one, a new core update compatible one, and even a PS5 one. Who knows?

Whoever has been behind and initially oversaw this PS4 core update roll out fiasco seriously needs to be sacked because all this hassle just shouldn’t happen.

Another thing. Isn’t it time we had a dedicated PS5 section on this forum because all the discussions about the PS5 problems is just confusing me as a PS4 player. :(

For goodness sake DTG do your job properly and sort this complete mess out.

• Like Like x 3
  16. HappyJose

HappyJose Member

I am slightly out of the loop on all this and have tried reading through the various threads but just to clarify is the core update to the game a free update as per the usual updates that occasionally pop up for the game? And this is in advance of the Rush Hour content which contains 3 new routes that can be purchased as add ons?

17. HappyJose

HappyJose Member

Also is there a list of what the core update actually changes in the game? I can't seem to find this but apologies in advance if I'm missing something obvious.

18. shhweeet#4292

Yes

Speaking as a PS4 player the core update made available earlier this morning was the free core update for PS4 and will allow you to purchase and play Rush Hour content on a PS4 when it’s available to buy.

The confusion is the free core update has buggered the actual game so it keeps crashing apparently and all previously paid for dlc’s have gone missing. If you go to the PS store via your PS4 Sony are wanting you to pay for them all again. If you go to the PS store via the mobile app they all seem to be free to download again although no one seems to know what free dlc’s they actually are? The original ones or the new core update compatible ones or even PS5 ones.

Acordimg DTG the core update compatible ones shouldn’t be available until later today so who knows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s a bit harsh. Are you sure they shouldn’t just have to forgo their usual teatime biscuits as a suitable forfeit. It’s not going very smoothly but it isn’t a firing squad incident.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Same here. After the update I can't download for free the TSW2 routes I already bought. Are you serious? This company is a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  21. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

I just (very excitedly) updated my PS4 and have now ‘lost’ many of the routes I have purchased! I also purchased my Rush Hour season ticket for the special offer price of £29.69, received confirmation of payment from Sony but there is no sign of Rush Hour on my PS4!

• Like Like x 1
  22. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

What I don't get is that whilst waiting for the next update to drop this afternoon (whenever that will be) which is apparently to unlock the re-baked Preserved Routes, why don't the 3 routes that came with the core TSW2 game work.

I also Think it is now time to have 2 separate sections on the forums one for PS4 and one for PS5 now they have their shiny new version and we can then be left to fester in the dark world of last gen :|

• Like Like x 3
  23. Conrad

Conrad Member

It's easy! PS4 update IS NOT YET COMPLETE.
    Staff was clear.
    Why you are so anxious. We just wait some hours.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  24. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Can anyone please clarify what is going on ? There was clearly an update on my PS4, know it tells me to Update the Game ? There is no further update. Game crashes immidiatly after choosing a route ?!?!?!?

25. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

26. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Have to say the same, can we please have a PS4 section. Also people please only post the correct stuff to the correct group. I am not personally interested in that an Xbox (or other console or PC) can do this or that. The discussion group header says it all "PLAYSTATION" Discussion.

As for the rest of this Update debacle I am speechless or should that be "Typeless"!!:mad::mad::mad:
    Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  27. Trainiac

Also, was there any mention the core update would be split into 2 parts before today? I don't remember. I don't even understand how all this mess happened anyway, how could all this slip by the QA team?

• Like Like x 1
  28. shhweeet#4292

No I don’t think it is harsh at all. Once again it’s someone not being able to do their job/ jobs. No one these days it seems are able to actually do the basic jobs they are employed for and supposedly trained to do whether it’s a shop sales person, office worker or whatever. I’m old school. I was brought up to know that if I was clearly rubbish at my job I should be sacked and quite rightly so. These days everyone just makes excuses for peoples incompetence in their every day jobs and those incompetent employees use the discrimination and bullying cards when their employers quite rightly want to get rid of them.

it’s pathetic. If you can’t properly do the job your employed to do then go and do something else which you can do and make everyday life easier for the rest of us.

For a prime example of what I’m on about look no further than Boris and all the other useless members of parliament.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  29. Trainiac

People are losing content and losing progress and the bugs aren't exclusive the preserved content.

30. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  31. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

content will come back as will the main game when the store has been updated and the 1.42 version for the PS4 will talk to it. At the minute they have had a fallout and not talking and as JD has said we are waiting on Sony to flick a switch.

progress doesn’t transfer over to the 5

32. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

Just wait, the Train is late today ;)

• Like Like x 3
  33. Conrad

Conrad Member

• Like Like x 1
  34. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

What's going on with the update? 3 different prices in the PlayStation Store ranging from £26 to £36 for the Season ticket, but you can't download it in game? Where has half of my DLC gone, and when will it be updated so I can get it back? Another poor showing, I'd contact them but their customer service is nearly as much of a joke set up as this update is looking.

• Like Like x 3
  35. shhweeet#4292

TSW2 core update downloaded automatically this morning on my PS4. I didn’t have a choice otherwise I would have waited to see what’s what on here before I took the plunge. I opened TSW because I quite rightly expected everything to be present and working.

As a web developer you should know it’s very bad form to release a download or whatever until it’s fully tested and works. Or are you yet another making excuses for the total incompetence of people unable to properly do their job and will defend them at all cost.

• Like Like x 5
  36. Conrad

Conrad Member

As a web developer I know if I depend to another manual feedback during an update I can have problems in my timeline.
    Xbox and PC work well. Maybe the problem is the Sony bad infrastructure, do not you think?

37. shhweeet#4292

Don’t ask! No one has a scooby do what’s actually going on despite some claiming they do. :D It will all come out in the wash so we must not grumble. Apparently! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  38. shhweeet#4292

I don’t really care who’s fault it is. This fiasco has been totally miss managed, players currently can’t even play the base game, and very expensive paid for dlc’s have gone awol. On top of that depending on how you access the PS store you could end up paying for them all again by accident if players aren’t switched on. If that happens just see how hard it would be to get your money back from Sony.

Please stop making excuses for incompetence. Players who download an update expect it to work and all content to be there right from the get go. End of!

• Like Like x 4
  39. Conrad

Conrad Member

If you come today in Italy, I offer you a glass of a good Brunello.
    So you relax and when you return to your house you can play to the updated version of TSW.
    That ok?
    :)

• Like Like x 3
  40. shhweeet#4292

Sounds great! trouble is it would be cheaper and less hassle to be fleeced for a PS5 on flea bay and try to get TSW2 to work on it when compared to trying to get a cheap flight to Italy.

Also most likely Boris and co would make me self isolate on my return for 10 days and the way things are going I won’t have TSW2 to keep me occupied whilst doing it.

Thanks for the offer though. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  41. Conrad

Conrad Member

Ahah, the offer will be also for the next update not during a pandemic era.
    Bye, and we hope this evening we can drive our lovely trains!
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
  42. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

One reason I have not turned on my PS4 today at all. The only way would be to turn off my wi-fi, Fire up the PS4 disable its Wi-Fi and then i could play. Until we get a HUGE notification from the powers that be it is ALL fixed.

But far to late for those who have already had there game updated automatically.

I seriously do not want to be the three people on the next YouTube chat. Feel really sorry for them in some ways. Lambs to the slaughter because of (in my book) Managements inability to deal with all these issues. Funny really you (or I haven't) seen a boss on a YouTube chat telling us why!

• Like Like x 2
  43. shhweeet#4292

I’ve just got home and fired up the PS4 to see what’s what after the automatic core update this morning.

Basically the routes I have are all the routes I got on the TSW2 deluxe disc/CD. Any extra paid for dlc’s I purchased individually or via a free import from TSW2020 are missing but they say they are installed on my PS4 via the library so I must still have them somewhere. No idea if they will automatically appear when this second update supposedly goes live or if I some how have to re download everything from my PS4 or via the PS store.

The good news is the routes I do have from the disc seem to work ok and still have all my progress. I’ve played BL and ECW and I dunno if it’s just my imagination but things do seem to run a bit smoother and on BL there does seem to be more passengers about? The increase in size for the distance info to the next station is VERY welcome for me. Also the environment colours seem more vivid. No idea about the new immersion controls lay out though because it all appears to be the same as before?? I’m not bothered about the new intro screens there wasn’t much wrong with them before although it’s nice I don’t have to put up with the mastery screen on start up ( I’ve no idea what all that mastery is about anyway? ) On the whole when everything is sorted this core update does seem to be an improvement. Enough to keep me happy on a PS4 anyway and not particularly hanker after a PS5.

• Like Like x 3
  44. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I agree it shouldn’t be this difficult. Gaming consoles are supposed to be all about convenience and ease of use.

Developers should ask themselves the following question: Are we doing this the right way if the update process alone is making players want to open a ticket? Only an incompetent developer would say yes.

• Like Like x 1
  45. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Interesting, I purchased the Digital Collectors Edition and none of the base routes on TSW2 are working for me after the update let alone the DLC's. Doesn't matter which route I select it just crashes. I suppose will just have to sit it out and see what happens when the 2nd update arrives although no signs as yet. I am sure it will be worth it in the end even on the lowly PS4, which like you I am still perfectly happy with.

• Like Like x 1
  46. shhweeet#4292

I think my core routes work for me because the PS4 is reading directly from the disc so basically they can’t be corrupted but once loaded the core update on the PS4 converts everything to the graphics, UE engine, etc.

I’m not 100% but I think that’s the general jist of it.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

games don’t run of the disc anymore hence the install and updated to the hard drive.

they are read at first to confirm you own the game and then the spin down.

Thank god the days of running a 360 or PS2 constantly reading the DVD-ROM :)

48. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

So I've just turned on my PS4 to see there is still no DLC content working after the update, so it begs the question why DTG would post a message telling us how to download the NEW BOSTON DLC as we we can't run any DLC you bloody muppets, not even the ones we have already paid for and own. What a bloody shambles.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Trainiac

After the update Natalie made on the situation I've decided I'm just not gonna update the game for a few days. I have no clue how this is gonna work out because I don't wanna update the game after the second update and have everything brake:(

• Like Like x 1
  50. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

My PS4 has a break until Friday. A functional update will be available on Friday.

• Like Like x 1