Thank You Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Kobebeef, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Just wanted to congratulate you for a fantastic update I'm on the series s and with hd 60fps it's never looked more beautiful amaaaazing, better fps better image quality

GREAT JOB GUYS

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. thijsdenbraven

thijsdenbraven Member

Running on Series X currently doing the Boston Sprinter and it's joy to drive

Running on 4K 60FPS it's beautiful

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Truly is a thing of beauty enjoy my brother

• Like Like x 2
  4. thijsdenbraven

thijsdenbraven Member

It absolutly is

• Like Like x 1
  5. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Finally, a bit of positivity! The update is excellent. On standard xbox one here and the game runs so much smoother than ever before, loading times are improved massively, especially the initial load up of the game, and best of all....no more flickering trees on East coastway! I also love that it tells you the expected duration of the services on the timetable.

Kudos to the team for a job well done.

Just downloading Boston sprinter now and I cannot wait to give it a spin

• Like Like x 5
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve only played the PS5 version of Boston Sprinter for a short while - one tutorial, but I’m impressed with the look of the route so far.

• Like Like x 1
  7. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

I turned on my XBOX Series X this morning to find the base game + all 33 owned DLCs already updated.

The game wouldn't boot initially but restarting the XBOX solved that problem.

Initial impressions are very positive - much less pop-in of graphics assets and shadows now, with only a few occasional foliage flickers evident.

I'm still getting to grips with the expanded immersion controls. My only real issue so far is that I used to frequently hold the right stick to switch between front and rear external views and this is no longer possible as holding the right stick is now used for accessing the extended camera controls. With a keyboard plugged in I can reproduce the missing functionality via the '3' key, but I haven't figured how to do it on the controller without cycling through multiple external views.

Use of the store from within TSW2 is also not quite there yet - all of the DLC tiles are blank and there's no obvious way to purchase the season ticket from within the game.

I'm sorry to hear that some others are having issues, but from my perspective DTG have done an excellent job with the update - thanks!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

I definitely agree for the most part the new update is very nice!

The only slight issues I'm having are popping textures occasionally on se highspeed but apart from that it feels great! Especially with the layers!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Indeed those flickering trees destroyed the immersion, glad to hear you're enjoying it bro :) seya on the rails !

10. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

I would like to add my appreciation to all the team for their hard work on the game and for making it better and better all the time. Apart from a few minor issues (I will feed back on another thread), it really looks stunning now :) Congratulations!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

One small thing I'm very happy about is that we can now use cameras again whilst in tunnels, so I can now watch my train emerge from a tunnel. This is something I've missed since TSW2 came out, so it's excellent it's now possible again!

• Like Like x 1