PC Played Tsw2, Had Problem So Exited. Then Discovered This!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mancunian#7861, Aug 19, 2021.

1. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

I was playing my first timetable mode in TSW2 on SEHS - 6G03 Westbound Delivery Strood to Hoo Junction with class 66 EWS but couldn't get the damn thing to move so I exited the game, came here to try to find a solution and then found this partly 'hiding' behind my browser!
    I can't cut and paste so I'll type it instead ...

An Unreal process has crashed: UE4-TS2Prototype
    We are very sorry that this crash occured. Our goal is to prevent crashes like this from occuring .... blah blah asking to send report. I can paste the crash report however so here it is ...

LoginId:0fc6fd274330aad1f43110b985fec854
    EpicAccountId:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000

TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping
    kernel32
    ntdll

What's odd is that I downloaded from Steam and played via Steam - not Epic at all! So as far as I'm aware, I don't have an EpicAccountld at all, at least not for TSW2.

This is all gobbledy gook to me but if it helps anyone else or DTG, here it is. The only problem I saw or experienced whilst playing was being unable to move so why this popped up, I've no idea. :|

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not being able to move - had you turned the four switches down and right from the driving position to ON? That's my usual fatal mistake with the 66...

With regards to the error, I don't know but I'd submit a support ticket for it as may be a new error they don't know about

• Like Like x 1
  3. mancunian#7861

Hi Ruscoe

No, I'd turned those 4 switches on. It seems to be the parking brake is applied according to the electromotive display and using the handle to the left of the seat doesn't turn off/release. I suspect that's the problem but without any kind of tutorial for this new loco, to me at least, it's hard to fathom. :(

I have posted a message in the technical area so hopefully they'll see it there. ... Says Nick just realising we're in that area now discussing it. :D

I have also just posted a ticket at DTG Games so I've hopefully covered all bases.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  4. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

You run on Steam and that's why the ID is empty (as it should) When compiling the .exe for a specific store it can leave those strings in and shouldn't cause issues.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've played those scenarios and don't remember the parking brake being on in any of them.. I would raise a ticket giving the details and see if in rebaking or rejigging something this is a new error...
    I'll also try out myself when I get home

• Like Like x 1
  6. mancunian#7861

Thank you Cygnific. That's very helpful/interesting. Much appreciated. Although why, if everything was ok, I would receive that crash report, I've no idea.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mancunian#7861

Cheers Ruscoe. I've already put in a ticket for the crash report thing so I won't bother about the other issue just yet but hopefully they read the forum in here and will find out. I will also try again later but don't have time right now.

8. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

The crashreporter just makes a memory dump and includes a lot of data, including those strings. It could be debug strings and many other data that doesn't really matter to the cause of the crash. Those ID's could be from a settings file and only filled when run on the specific system, that's why it's empty.

The crash itself could be lots of things though, that crashdump info should be easier to read/understand for DTG (but depends on what data can be dumped in release version). As they have access to the sourcecode and debugger.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  9. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

I tested the game a bit earlier and for me, it crashes too each time when I exit the game.
    I did a run on West Somerset, exit game three times, and got the crash each time. It looks very similar to yours, the only difference being that I am playing on Steam.
    [MD4] Minehead - Bishops Lydeyard is bugged still after the WSR patch, the doors need to be open on the opposite side of the station in order for the objective to be complete.

I am running the game with -DX12 and with the clouds mod but even without them, it still crashes.

I also submitted a bug report via Kayako earlier.