In Cab Visual Deterioration (series X - Post Patch)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pinxtonpaws, Aug 19, 2021.

1. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

A couple of points:
    (1) The orange on orange custom selection (weather sliders) cursor isn't the best idea ever.

(2) And then we have this: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/video/142141899

It just seems like the faster you go the worse it gets. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and it doesn't change (motion blur on and off) so a solution would be much appreciated because 'as is' LGV is 100% unplayable.

EDIT: If you slow down again the image quality returns back to normal:
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/video/142143440
    So yeah, that's an interesting feature.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  2. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Looks like a bizarre LOD/texture streaming issue, I wonder what it's tied to to cause that exactly?

This was playtested before release, right?

• Like Like x 2
  3. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

This is usually what happens to me when I force the PC version to run DX12 instead of 11 through command lines, wonder if it is linked also to that

• Like Like x 2
  4. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

I have the same problem on Köln Aachen the faster you get the worse it gets blurry and unsharp graphics.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

It happens on ALL routes when you drive above 90mph.

• Like Like x 2
  6. t.reizner35

Again a bad update with some bugs! Not only graphical, for example I have a bug when selecting a quick drive with the BR 146 on the RE1 on Köln Aachen I spawn on any station on the route by foot without a train :o

7. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Wow, I can't even right now...

I mean, like... how!?

8. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Same to me ! 19-08-2021_14-24-33-1v1d04xs-min.png 19-08-2021_15-06-54-buba5qgf-min.png

9. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

It happens outside on the trains textures too !

10. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

Quite noticeable during a Bakerloo Run. The cab colours become very washed out and dull, the red sign on the front door window turns orange for me. Almost on the verge of "blink and you'll miss it", but happens long enough for your brain to process it and think "what was that?"

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

The stuttering (although nowhere near as frequent) is still present at the Munich side of HMA, along with framerate dips (around 40fps) and Rapid Transit has some very noticeable framerate drops (40-45fps).

Miles driven are still not registering towards total miles on the vast majority of the locations so anyone looking for the 10,000 miles achievement will have to continue driving the life out of SKA, LVG and HMA to reach their target.

On a positive note the BR155 is now available in the scenario editor and the broken (red light) RSN scenario is also fixed. Although the 10 minute 'rise and shine' one has yet to be fixed (no power to the front loco) so you still have to swop sides (as a workaround) and reverse the train the final few hundred yards.

For me the upgrade on Series X was smooth but not so on X1X. In the end I had to install just the core game, run it (cancelling the sync bit because my cloud save was now my series x save and I didn't want any overwrite issues) and quit the game. Checking back (manage game & addons) it then seemed to recognise what I owned and queued the lot for download but I haven't downloaded anything yet.

Ignoring all the issues it's not a bad upgrage but it's also not exactly something that screams 'current generation' either. Tree shadows and details between the rails are still drawing in at a relatively short distance, pop in is not really that much better and texture rendering can also have quite a short range (the recessed sections at SHS are a good example) - and whilst it is definately an improvement, to keep things in perspective it's probably worth noting that it's only an improvement on something that wasn't that outstanding to start with.
    Mind you, a good platform to build on so it will be interesting to see what occurs now that DTG no longer have the 'limited hardware capabilities' card to play.

12. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Visuals inside the M7 cab on Series S are... interesting. It appears several of the dashboard elements are now experiencing the problem trees on XBox used to, where they flicker all over the place.

• Like Like x 1
  13. t.reizner35

Are you playing X1X or XSX?

14. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

XSX.
    My X1X is off to the caravan now because it's no longer needed at home. I just wanted to add TSW onto the HDD so it can be played offline with the other installed stuff

• Like Like x 1
  15. t.reizner35

I need a XSX

16. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

You do :)

I was very, very lucky. I got a stock alert on Amazon whilst searching for a sealed money tin and even though it came with a compulsory full priced copy of Cyberpunk (which got sold) I have no regrets. Hopefully your chance will arrive soon.

The irony of it all was that I still bought the money tin...but had nothing to put in it :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  17. t.reizner35

Haha great have fun with TSW2 and your XSX :)

18. cjm#5741

cjm#5741 Member

I also noticed this.

Don't think it's related to how fast you're going as I experienced it on cathcart circle probs around 10 times on a 30 minute run

• Like Like x 2
  19. fl991r

fl991r Member

I am experiencing this problem as well, on series X as well as on cloud gaming. The whole dash seems to "refresh" and the textures either improve or degrade (screens don't seem to be affected). I've noticed it at 40 or so mph, 70 or so, and 90. It definitely is better at lower speeds. It's been happening for me on Munich Augsburg and Southeastern high speed.

Still loving the update though, it must have been quite the undertaking to improve so much at once. Hopefully they can resolve this dash texture issue in the coming days.

• Like Like x 3
  20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Even when your stop the textures and graphics got blurred and playing strange

• Like Like x 5
  21. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  22. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Well, I've seen what I want to see (and grabbed a couple of back end achievements) so I've uninstalled the game because I've got better things to do than sitting around waiting for things to come good. One thing I did notice was that my DLC thumbnails (in manage game & addons) started off as Unreal 4 logos and when I went to uninstall the game they'd reverted back to their original images! Oh, I don't know, it's all too much for me.

23. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Not sure if serious...

This is DTG, where some bugs have taken months, if not years to be fixed, and others have even carried over from TSW2020 to TSW2.

• Like Like x 6
  24. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

RIP

25. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

All routes and DLCs are involved in this Game Breaking issue.
    They can’t get the Job well done.

If this want not fixed shortly they want lose some players who are tired about all this new issues without fixing the stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  26. fl991r

fl991r Member

Haha. I’m pretty new on this game and forum so I’m still optimistic. Overall I think the new stuff outweighs this one bug so I’m the meantime I’ll just look out the window more and less at the dash. Check back with me in a few months and if this is still happening I may not be so sunny then.:D

• Like Like x 5
  27. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Agreed...this bug break immersion 100%...

• Like Like x 1
  28. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

I played east coast way. And the cab visual kept changing. Fine 1 minute then really blurry next. And on and off while driving

29. whiteleym#4287

whiteleym#4287 Active Member

Had this issue last night on Boston Sprinter on my Series X, really immersion breaking!

Let's hope DTG are on with a fix for it...

30. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG Natster any Info or Update on the way for this?
    You can’t silence the huge issue, it was showing all time on your Stream yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

I'm starting to get a white flicker sometimes on Boston/Providence. It will do that sometimes, but not all. That definitely needs to be fixed.

32. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Hotstock app, or Wario64 on Twitter if you want to try and secure an XSX.

I got my XSX after a friend tipped me off that Microsoft Canada had them in stock in May. Normally new consoles for me, I have a rule that a Grand Theft Auto must be released or remastered prior to the purchase of a new console, but given that we are in a chip shortage right now, I jumped on the chance when I had it. Now I don't have to wait until November.

Also, Quake showing up (off topic) was a nice surprise.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  33. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

The AC4400CW is hot trash if you ask me.

34. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

For sure I won't buy any new dlc in this game until this is fixed, and I hope other players will do the same. What is incredible is the silence of dtg about this issue which is not a minor issue.

• Like Like x 1
  35. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Wonder if Matt didn’t saw this on his dev kit before the release or don’t care about it.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Princess Entrapta

Oof, did a TGV run on Series X before bed and legit had to check I was still wearing my glasses and they weren't smudged when I tried and failed to read anything on the dash because it was all so blurry.

37. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

At the moment the team are currently hard at work trying to make sure that anyone who is still having difficulties getting their game and add-ons to install correctly can be back playing again.

I will make sure your feedback in this thread is seen.

• Like Like x 5
  38. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Haha, we all started off full of mirth and merriment but you know, owning TSW is like being a Sheff Utd supporter. One minute you're on top of the world dreaming of great things for the future and the next you're thinking; "if we win the next two we should be ok" / "that point should kickstart our season" / "well, the next game is a pretty easy one so things should improve" / "we've still got a few games to go so there's always hope"....and so forth and so forth.

Before you know it you're minus a great leader and getting thumped 4-0 in the championship knowing full well that those euphoric moments have well and truly passed.

• Like Like x 1
  39. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

You all can see it on the official Release Stream by DTG like Minute 19:20
    DTG Natster to help you Guys and get this fixed.
    It’s exactly the same thing as on my short Video, because all trains have the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  40. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Well spotted. Maybe Matt was distracted because he saw what was happening...and not because of the forum question as he mentioned :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2021
  41. mike#8583

mike#8583 New Member

Im on xbox one and im having same issue with all routes. Hope they fix it soon

42. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Wow they screwed all Xbox Users with Graphic and Texture issues.
    I wonder how it is on PlayStation

43. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

According to that what I read about those PS issues I'm perfectly fine with some blurred textures. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  44. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

I cant see it.

45. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

We have our own issues...but not this one...If we had this aswell...i am sure they would lost even more players...as i stated before its 100% immersion braker...dtg maneged to drop the ball for everybody...

• Like Like x 1
  46. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Scroll to around 19min and keep an eye on the cab dials... Around the time matt says "sorry, I was looking at...." there's some screen flicker and the dials resort back to how they should look. This is an issue with all routes

47. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Not getting this problem on PC or PS5.

Since displays get blurry at higher speeds, have you tried turning off the motion blur to see if that has anything to do with the problem?

48. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I have motion blur always off, didn’t change anything

• Like Like x 4
  49. Princess Entrapta

Yeah, likewise I always keep Motion blur off. It's nothing to do with that. The textures just randomly pop to lower resolutions. They also do the flickering thing the trees used to.

Speaking of Motion blur, I see that I STILL need to open the menu the first time I load into the game each time, to turn it off. The game still does not remember my selection for it, even though it does remember my settings for the UI elements I turn off, and my camera settings.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Noooo...why dtg why?