Route Proposal: London - Dover Priory High Speed

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Issy Hamukwaya, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Issy Hamukwaya

Issy Hamukwaya New Member

The full 154 mile route between London St.Pancras International and Dover Priory via Ashford International
    Southeastern Class 395
    Southeastern Class 375
    3 Career Scenaros
    2 Standard Scenarios

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

If DTG were to make this they should include the Class 373 TMST

3. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

You know good and well, you are only going to get a fraction of the number of scenarios you are proposing. Though I have no familiarity with anything outside of the U.S. (Mostly the NY Tri-State area to be exact) I'd personally love to see it, but it's not highly likely that they will do it, at least all at once.

4. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Would love to see some routes that depict SE Kent - My son went to school in the UK - lived in Deal and i was introduced to the Uk rail system by riding to Canterbury and London using the Deal and Dover Priory stations.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what map you are using but HS1 as the line is know runs 67 miles from London St Pancras to The Channel Tunnel
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Speed_1
    Class 395 trains which work the line branch off near Dollands Moor to Dover increasing the distance to 73 miles.
    The first 23 miles to Ebbsfleet International are included in London-Faversham High Speed Route
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/222557/Train_Simulator_LondonFaversham_High_Speed_Route_AddOn/
    Which also includes the Class 375 & 395.
    DTG are very unlikely to make any route wit more than around 5 Scenarios
    Those made by Partner Developers include more scenarios.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  6. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they chose the most boring part of the HS1 route... the entire high speed part is in tunnels. I think an extension to Ashford and then onwards to Canterbury (Cathedral, anyone?) or Dover (White Cliffs, ships at sea) would've been interesting. Having Dollands Moor Yard in the route would have also made it possible to have some freight scenarios with a Class 92 :)