Dlc - Tgv Thalys Route: Paris - Brussels - Antwerp - Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tissieVA, Aug 17, 2021.

1. tissieVA

tissieVA Member

This route would be amazing to ride, especially with the older TGV train Thalys. The icon red train also has an intriguing cockpit controls. This unique train uses a wheel to control the train instead of a common lever.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  2. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

It sure would be amazing, but I am afraid the route is too long for the moment. The TGV-Reseau (what the Thalys PBA actually is) could be a nice addition though for the LGV line we already have! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. moczs_65

moczs_65 Active Member

Great but too long for TSW2. Search a route with a distance under 100 km.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about doing as Amsterdam Rotterdam Antwerp that can still fit. If you want a filler traffic around Amsterdam perhaps a Dutch route like Amsterdam Arnhem or Amsterdam Den Haag Can fill Amsterdam Central Station making it a Rush Hour route. In the case of Amsterdam Rotterdam Antwerp TGV R PBA you need to deal with a Dutch Intercity train using the high-speed going towards Breda.

5. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

To be honest, the HSL-Zuid/HSL-4... apart from the surroundings of the Rotterdam and Amsterdam stations, that route is pretty boring. The line is largely fenced (no one is allowed to see or hear it..) and where it is not, it is tucked away under the ground. Only Dordtsche Kil - Antwerp is nice, although sadly enough you end up underground at Antwerp Central as well.

I would obviously absolutely buy it, but there are far more interesting high speed lines than 'ours', as I say that as a Dutchman! ;)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. da.virus

da.virus Member

Why being so pessimistic about route length?

If we as the community don't demand longer routes, DTG will continue building routes only up to 100 km.

Honestly I can`t hear it anymore, if people are writing "too long". Why do they decide about this? DTG should think instead about how to make longer routes in shorter time. I agree for routes like this one with 400+ km but 100 km shouldn't be the limit! Especially for high speed routes!

• Like Like x 2
  7. moczs_65

moczs_65 Active Member

Of course DTG choose what route they add but we all know that DTG do not make long route in TSW2. If it was the case, do you really that LGV Méditerranée will have more than 3 stations. Yes. This is why LGV Méditerranée has only 3 stations.
    If you don't trust me, look at all TSW and TSW2 routes and tell me which route is more than 100km. If they aren't, now you know why it's too long. And even if DTG do this route, it won't be 30€ but a little bit more.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  8. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

Don't confuse what we would like to have, with what is currently possible to have! Nobody would say no to longer (interesting) routes! DTG knows this...I'm pretty sure.

9. da.virus

da.virus Member

No, absolutely not!

We don't know anything about DTG. So we also don`t know how they'll deal with longer routes. They are forced to make them, if the players ask for them. The reason they didn't make longer routes the last four years is because it's more lucrative to make shorter routes in less time to have more releases per year. But this is definitely not going to be accepted for the next four years. At least not from me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. da.virus

da.virus Member

What we want is what we should get. Otherwise I am no longer interested in this game. I accepted this excuse of being not technically ready long enough. At some point I want to actually see results.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

It’s a no from me.

12. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

If they can do it for TS20XX for PC then I believe they will find a way for tsw2, especially now they've upgraded engines.
    I too would love a long route. The ECML would be fantastic to do this. A stunning route, high speed, steeped in history... they could even do a mallard for a dlc loco. That would be a dream

• Like Like x 1
  13. moczs_65

moczs_65 Active Member

I think it's much easier to make TS 20XX routes than TSW ones. TSW add more details. This is the difference between TS and TSW. One have long routes but is old. The other is the opposite. If it was so easy to create route on TSW why we cannot have 200km routes ? Exactly. I'm right. But you can contact a DTG developer. Maybe he'll give you a better answer for this.

14. da.virus

da.virus Member

Of course it's not easy. Nobody stated otherwise.
    Besides, the discussion wasn't about that at all. It was about that DTG has to find and research new methods how longer routes can be done in less time and so in better economical sense. It has to be done at some point. People are getting bored by the 66 km between Aachen and Köln already. And also the longer LGV route is nothing for long-term motivation.

I see more and more suggestions on this forum for longer routes. They are demanded. And if they wont come, TSW2 is going to loose players, that's my point of view.

Furthermore: Routes for higher speed in general don't need to be be as detailed as small branches lines. And as less details are required, more track can be build. I think an average time from start to end of 1 hour would be a good value for routes. But just a little bit more than 30 minutes for the ICE and TGV feels not right. Especially when there isn't even a stop in between, it's getting boring real quick.

• Like Like x 1
  15. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Bummer

16. moofeen#2182

If you’re looking for a longer route I recommend train simulator2021 it’s better for that kind of thing

17. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

With the pumping out content schedule they have they don't have the time to make long routes though long routes is what it needs, that's what made ts classic fun for me, if ts classic had timetables like tsw i'd probably skip over tsw entirely since driving a freight train for 30 minutes or a high speed train for 25 doesn't make sense if you aim for realism.

• Like Like x 3
  18. moofeen#2182

I couldn’t agree more

• Like Like x 1
  19. moofeen#2182

I don’t care how long it takes I just want a route that over 100km with stops cuz I bunch of other people are saying it as well just driving non stop between achen and koln or vice versa is getting really really really boring and with the dlc bug going on right now the game couldn’t be more boring

• Like Like x 2