Xbox Download Issues?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Aug 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t.goaslind

t.goaslind Member

Yeah, I am agreeing with a lot of you...this seem to be on Microsofts end. I had this happen a few times with Dead or Alive 6. I would purchase a dlc pack and install it in seconds then go into the game to find the dlc not be there, and sometime later in the day someone would say that there was a coding problem, something to do with the Microsoft Store, and later that day or next the problem was solved and when I turned the Xbox back on next time the DLC automatically started installing. Maybe that's what will happen here with this issue?

2. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

GWE, NTP and WSR, have now correctly installed and updated (after just leaving it for a while).

3. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

Hi, i didn't have many problems about this. When i opened TSW 2 on my xbox one x, i found only the three base routes of the game and MSB. So i uninstalled all the other dlc and i re-installed them (but only ones that didn't appear). After i opened the game and i found all the dlc i had brought, without to uninstall the game

4. madders#6708

madders#6708 New Member

Yeah well that may work for the next gen Xbox, but I do not wish to risk it a second time.... ;-)

5. madders#6708

madders#6708 New Member

**update**
    I unistalled a completed Add On, the TGV, I had completed it so I thought what the heck, unfortunately, it didn't work. ....

20210820_010759.jpg

6. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

I am on xbox one. Ended up re installing everything, main game dlc the lot, seems to be working well now. Took ages cos I have most dlc. Pain in the bum to say the least! But it seems to have cured it.

7. adcoy

adcoy New Member

I had this as well, however there isn't an way to do journys, timetables, scenarios, and all my progress on routes are gone. Back to doing a billion freight car switching missions. There's also no way to quit a mission without completely exiting the game. I'm on x 1 x.

8. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I would wait until theres news from DTG before you start doing all the missions again

9. NYIslanders0902

NYIslanders0902 Active Member

Will I lose my profile and everything even though some people are having problems with the game right now?

10. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

No

11. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Xbox One S
    As of 06:15 today (before I left for work) still the same:

Manage Game>Check Updates - None available
    Open TSW2 and Menu screen displays message about Outstanding Content - Please close the game.

Only routes showing are TSW2 'Bundle' (SPG, SKA and BKL), MSB and SHS.

Hopefully I might be able to chill on the enhanced WSR on Sunday when I'm recovering from a Cider Festival on Saturday

12. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

No all my WSR medals are there it is just the services I have not done

13. andrewcrosier

andrewcrosier New Member

Same problem with my Xbox original. Main game update and rush hour Boston installed also only 3 other updates, no more are available.
    Also could have something to do with Microsoft having problems with the store affecting DLC and add one,
    Will have to wait until Microsoft fix there end before trying again.

14. rich polak

rich polak New Member

This is not just an Xbox problem....the exact same thing just happened on my PS4 with the same error message about outstanding updates needed and all my DLC’s not showing in the menu now. Have tried checking for updates but PS4 says I am up to date.Will try and reinstall the main game to see if that works and report back.

Attached Files:

15. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Tried to redownload certain route Add-ons. And when the message appears that theres outsiding content that requires updating that same content is still displayed.

16. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

I did not have this issue, using a Series X. Just to let you know.

17. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Since the beginning of the week when I've had to reconnect my wi-fi there has been an Error message reported with "Content and Purchasing" on Microsoft's end.

18. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Your cloud save keeps all your progress and downloads it every time you run the game.

Only using the option to delete cloud data for a game changes that (Which can sometimes be useful if your cloud save ever gets corrupted and you have an uncorrupted local version on a second XBox as playing offline on that XBox will give you the option when you reconnect to replace the cloud save with your more recent local save)

• Like Like x 2
  19. christophmkfranke

christophmkfranke Member

Tried it again today, same problems and error message.
    Very disappointing. Sad also that we didn't even get an update in things as Xbox users....and I payed for my Season Ticket yesterday. Well, that was money well spent....
    Would like to check the new route and features out this weekend as the weather is gonna be poor... so ideal tsw weather ;)
    Looks like this won't happen.....

20. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The PS4 instructions for add-ons are showing on the Xbox Dovetail Live.

21. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Try these steps

Find tsw 2
    Press menu/three lines
    Manage game/addons
    Select updates

The missing DLC are there, but they are not ticked to install, they need to be ticked for them to reinstall.

Hope that helps

22. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Oh good

23. Princess Entrapta

I just remembered I left my XBox One on updating the game when I went to bed. I should go in the other room and check how that came along.

24. Princess Entrapta

I can confirm that upon firing the game up on XBox One after the update I have not been able to replicate these problems. Got the same new intro as on Series X and S, all 21 of my routes were selectable, all my profile info synched from my cloud save is up to date. No errors.
    Sorry, was hoping I might be able to assist in diagnosing these issues, since I own three different XBox consoles, but I have not experienced them.

25. Princess Entrapta

I did need to manually download Boston though, on every console. Even the one I bought the season ticket on. That's a thing I have noticed with most "season passes", that the auto-updater won't download the content from them as it becomes available, it all needs to be done manually, unlike straightforward purchases where as soon as you buy it, it sets itself downloading.

26. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Luckily I have not installed the new update yet or purchased the season pass. Should I wait awhile? Will DTG amend this horrendous update so it installs correctly. I really feel for everyone that have lost content and I am frightened to update.

I have an xbox one s

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  27. Princess Entrapta

It installed correctly for me on Series X, Series S, and XBox One. I suspect for some people on XBox One it is not correctly replacing the old files. This is doubly likely if you have more than one storage device like an external SSD connected, where you may end up with multiple copes with a version mismatch.
    I don't think anyone should have a problem though if you go into manage game, uninstall the game and all DLC from all your drives, and then once they finish deleting (you may need to wait a minute or two on a HDD for this to complete) select everything to install, and set it all downloading from scratch. This will ensure a clean, fresh install of the new version as the old ones are no longer downloadable from the XBox servers. Just remember not to mash the buttons to get through the initial screens when you first run it* as this can cancel the synching of your cloud save when loading into the game the first time after reinstalling.

*I know how hard this can be because you want to get straight to playing!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Still sounds very complicated Princess Entrapta, I have an Xbox One the cheaper S version and I only have TSW2, a couple of golf games and Forza4 which came with the console, so have a large HD capacity available. I am not looking forward to having to reinstall every route as the Internet is slower in that part of my house and a route will take about an hour to install!

29. Princess Entrapta

Oh, for my XBox One to be the S model! Mine is the original launch model, Kinect port and all!

Alternatives include if you have any friends in town who have it, you could copy it across on a USB drive if it's more convenient, I have had success in using microSD cards hooked up to a thumbnail USB adaptor for this kind of thing, you can even pop them preloaded with a bunch of XBox games inside a xmas card in the post to people you know with terrible internet who have a hard time downloading all their owned games, it's great.

Also, not directly related to your issue but as a side note for anyone with multiple XBoxes - to save having to download it twice within the same console generation, Network Transfer is your friend - allows you to copy between two XBoxes over your home network connection, at up to 1Gbps

30. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20210820_125929_com.twitter.android.jpg I noticed that TSW2 is now available on Xbox Game Pass...

AND I have also checked it IS available to play on the Cloud! Maybe a workaround for some who want to try out the changes with 'Rush Hour' update?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. Boris56789

Boris56789 New Member

Hi, I found the issue with can't quiet a mission. Some bright spark decided you now have to hold in lb and then an exit to menu , settings shows up. So, it is there just hidden.

• Like Like x 1
  32. christophmkfranke

christophmkfranke Member

I tried that several times now but they don't show up there either....The only party er haven't heard from since yesterday ist DTG....an update would be most Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  33. alanlakin

alanlakin New Member

Well ended up uninstalling the lot TSW 2 and all my add on's/ DLC's.
    Now the Series S is telling me its all in a QUEUE and nothing is down loading!!!
    Thanks very much DTG GET A GRIP!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  34. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I'm on series S and at no point did I have an issue.

35. Princess Entrapta

Dovetail have no control over Microsoft's servers and their connection to your XBox. If it's queueing but not downloading, that's nothing they have any involvement in.

36. alanlakin

alanlakin New Member

Any ideas of what to do ????
    Just wait and see????

37. NYIslanders0902

NYIslanders0902 Active Member

Like my in-game profile for TSW 2 right?

38. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

That is right. To quit from the scenery, i must to quit from the game, to close it and to open it again.
    Please, can you add again the way to go to main menu during the service or scenery?

39. Princess Entrapta

In a display of a STAGGERINGLY poor grasp of fundamental UX principles, they made the actual options menu which allows things like this require you to pause the game, and then hold the left shoulder button to bring up the menu. It's highly unintuitive and you are far from the only person confused by it.

• Like Like x 1
  40. atmorris

atmorris New Member

Absolute Garbage, and to say every platform is reporting it means it is not an MS issue, did any actually test this thing before release... I think it might be time to cut losses and delete it completely and never reinstall...

As the support answer to just reinstall is just lazy, fix your game.... not me spend hours redownloading everything.....

Yet another update that has destroyed the game, and if i want to play it I have to redownload the lot

41. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I'm currently unable to see any DLC with the exception of Southeastern High-speed, Class 465, is, absent, however.

I have looked at the updates section, and I can safely say none of the DLCs are there.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled all my DLC (except Southeastern), and, after reloading, having no success.

The Reinstalls did go too fast for my liking, however I can't really pin it on anything.

Any other options here?

Device: Xbox One S

42. Boris56789

Boris56789 New Member

I have the X box series X and did have the game on the external HDD , which after being promoted to upgrade each part around 3 am on the Thursday morning. I did notice two sets of the game one on the external and one internal. As the internal will be the Xbox Series X variant i went into the manage game option and remove the game and dlc off the external. All went fine and game opened and sync without issue. Sounds like it maybe a leap of faith for both those on next Gen and Last Gen, but with cloud save restore. It should put you back to where you were.

43. christophmkfranke

christophmkfranke Member

Hi there ...
    Question to our DTG forum managers.....I know it's a lot of work and no one likes to admit to things going wrong but....

I've seen that in the tsw news in the game you've posted twice especially reaching out to PS customers, apologizing, helping, being in contact with Sony and being quite present for the PS Community.
    When can we faithful and DTG loyal Xbox customers expect the same courtesy and customer care and support from you??
    At the moment I feel quite left in my own hoping that we help ourselves in the group- you guys were great and helpful btw - but unfortunately none of that works my end. Help, Support or a word of apology from DTG? No...nothing.
    Radio silence and we just have to grin and bear it, or what is the plan to sort it for Xbox users?
    That's not what I call customer care or support!
    I payed for the season Ticket about 2 days ago and got nothing in return....

I don't think I expect or ask for too much when I say I would really like to hear from DTG in that matter, reaching out to your loyal Xbox customers, giving us some Feedback and a rough idea as to when I get my game back including all updates, routes and trains which I payed good money for aswell!
    Thank you
    Chris

• Like Like x 1
  44. VaderLoverUK

VaderLoverUK New Member

Mine seems to be working (after deleting and reinstalling everything) except for content that installs from the disc (i have the Collectors Edition of TSW2) so Peninsula Corridor & Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr, and East Coastway aren't showing up at all. Im on xbox one btw

45. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We certainly haven't forgotten about our Xbox players.

The start of this thread has a workaround and some steps that might help you get playing for the time being.

Unfortunately if that doesn't work we are going to ask you to continue being patient while this is being investigated.

We will keep you informed as soon as we've made progress with a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  46. christophmkfranke

christophmkfranke Member

That's what I was hoping to hear back from you guys! Thank you

47. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Regarding this, I have uninstalled the base game, and thus all DLC, and now DLCs are beginning to show up.

48. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Yes, I did this (reluctantly I admit). Uninstalling and re-installing individual routes doesn’t appear to work but delete the whole lot and re-install, it seems all OK (touch wood). Not ideal but it works for me at least (Xbox 1 X user).

• Like Like x 1
  49. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

For me, uninstalling and reinstalling stuff apart from rso works for me.

That being said, WSR trains don’t appear in livery editor, nor does msb. Also I don’t notice a difference with the sounds, although the dostos look Like the newer ones and other locos now layer on to wsr

I’m having problems with HMA layers. I’m on series s and the layers won’t soar, even though I have loaded a service abs restarted it numerous times.

adding to my problems, I am now unable to take railfan shots- is there a way I can do this?

Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  50. richard#3039

richard#3039 New Member

I used the workaround as recommended by DTG.I uninstalled everything I have, which included the main TSW 2 game and all my dlcs. Then re-booted my Xbox one and installed the TSW 2 main game followed by all my dlcs and all my content loaded,it took a while but was worth the wait.So pleased and relieved I have managed to resolve the problem.Thank you DTG for advising the workaround.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.