Xbox Tsw Founders Edition Price Drop

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wolvesalive, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Wolvesalive

Wolvesalive New Member

Hi there. Fan on TSW, already having most of the DLC on the PC.
    Got an email a only few days ago from Dovetail announcing that those who buy the founders edition on the xbox will have a cheap upgrade path to the full 24th July release and the marketing message was geared around taking advantage of that which I did.
    Only just now I've got another email telling me I can get 20% off If I buy TSW founders edition from now till 22nd.
    So I now feel I've been cheated somewhat and the upgrade path overall is now not truly much of a discount and would have been more so if I had waited, which is in contradiction to the earlier emails received.

I know we're only talking £5 but it does feel like their making a bit of a cash grab rather than thinking about the customers who have shown a lot of loyalty :/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

It ain't much of a cash grab since getting Founders Edition now will save you a lot more than getting a full standard or a deluxe from day one.

3. Firealarm10

Firealarm10 New Member

Totally agree. Some what. We did get to play GWR get early access but then again DTG did indeed promise a discount. Would you please screenshot the emails please. Also pschlik Will tell you different I don’t trust him he always sides with DTG.

4. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

With Train Simulator World do we get it for free if we already have the Founders Edition on Xbox?

5. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

That upgrade deal is really cheap. I paid $40 for the game on PC and $90 more on the route DLC

7. Wolvesalive

Wolvesalive New Member

The way I see it is this.
    The physical disc is being listed at £39.99 for pre order from most main retailers here in the UK.

So the founders edition was £25 yesterday and the update is £10 or £15 depending on the standard or deluxe option.

So that means you were either going to save £5 or get the deluxe with the csx train for the same amount as the full release disc/ digital code.

As of today that's increased to a £10 difference / saving with the upgrade as the base founders edition dropped down.

I get this is to drive last minute interest and sales, and that in then I suppose means they will have more customers equating to hopefully more and quicker development of content and support.

I'm just a bit disappointed that they have been driving the upgrade discount to promote sales of the founder edition and then with 6 days to go created a window offering a better discount to those that waited out or were hesitant over those who have been loyal fans.

Normally they do the opposite with the TSW DLC releases on the PC by offering a significant discount to those who pre purchase before release.

I just hope they make the add on DLC for xbox closer to £15 for each route going forward as I'd be surprised if xbox users would pay £24.99 for an add on.

My feelings on the subject are not an attack on the product itself which feels pretty unique , just the marketing tactics and consideration towards fans here.

Maybe they should push the upgrade option out a few days early and give founders edition people a head start. Especially if they go off and post positive reviews around the internet for example.
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Daniel Cooper

Daniel Cooper New Member

Hopefully I can still get the founders edition for £25 at least with 0 upgrade u