Acses Mas 0 And General Acses Help?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Lamplight, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Hey there,

in multiple scenarios of Boston Sprinter, when running between the depot and Boston station as well as through the loop, ACSES gives me a speed restriction to 0 even though the next signal is not red. How am I suppsoed to deal with that? I can still get the train moving by being careful not to trip the time to penalty while accelerating, but I‘m unsure how I‘m supposed to react.

Also, if anyone has any form of documentation on ATC/ACSES, I‘d be very grateful. It feels like I‘m stumbling in the dark trying to figure the system out :(

• Like Like x 2
  2. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Whilst Ive not had your exact issue - I do get tripped up on it alot - especially in MBTA F40PH-3C and MBTA’s MBB CTC-3 cab car. Guides and instructions should always come with game/sims. I didn't like it when they said on a stream they wanted us to share on Forums or do our own research - Either do in game tutorials for these things or pu-t up better videos yourself.
    Im unsure if O on controller actually acknowledges this? Like I said - I always seem to get put into emergency brake and stopped. Ive switched it off until it becomes clearer or better info on its use.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lamplight

I can help you on this. For the ACS-64 and the MBTA cab car, (o) does acknowledge both the alerter and ATC/ACSES. For the F40, however, (o) only acknowledges the alerter and you have to use the button in the cab or an external keyboard to acknowledge ATC/ACSES. Seems like someone messed up the controller bindings for the F40.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Yeah this has been my experience as well.

For OP, I haven't yet run into the situation you describe yet.

And, yes, DTG should absolutely be providing documentation!! They should at least do a sheet with safety systems and signalling for each route even if they can't be bothered with manuals for the actual trains anymore.

Not sure if they don't have the budget for a technical writer anymore, or what the deal is, but the "maybe we'll make a video explaining it, someday, maybe" system they have now is pretty poor.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lamplight

I absolutely agree. To be fair, DTG‘s manuals for PZB were very barebones and factually wrong in some places, but at least you had a place to start. With ATC/ACSES, all I have to go on is Matt saying to put the brakes in suppression when it starts shouting in your ear and that‘s it. And I have yet to find any documentation on it online, still can‘t find anything.

6. Haverknol

Haverknol Member

Same. I am very confused, because the suppresion on the ACS64 is about halfway the brake lever, while on the F40PH it is after the full application setting. This makes me wonder if suppression is really needed on the F40PH to not trigger the penalty brake. Especially because the suppression on the F40PH takes a long time to release, thus sometimes bringing me to a stop (like from 15mph to 10mph).

7. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

I've only done one run in the cab car so far, but I tried using only 60-70% braking when ACSES tooted at me and, as long as I also acknowledge the alert, it doesn't penalise me.

8. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

So does anyone know the key bind for acknowledging acses?

9. Lamplight

[Q] on a keyboard, (o) on a PlayStation controller with the exception of the F40 as stated in my post above.