Still Not Working! Long Rant.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ilbambino96, Aug 21, 2021.

1. ilbambino96

ilbambino96 New Member

Okay so I'm on PS4 slim and I turned on my console to another update, version 1.43 again so thought maybe the dlc problem is fixed. I own 14 dlc's for this game. Northeast Corridor, SEHS, Class 465/9, LGV, GWE, Northern Trans-Pennine, Oakville Subdivision, Rapid Transit, Main Spessart Bahn, LIRR M3 along with LIRR, the MP36PH "baby bullet" Peninsula Corridor, and finally East Coastway. Game is still telling me the dlc's aren't up to date still. Out of all the dlc's I bought only these 3 work. I don't know what else to try. Uninstalled the game off my PS4 followed by restarting the console then reinstalling only the game then the dlc's and still stuck with this. So annoying! May just sell my PS4 and buy an Xbox Series S and call it a day because this is unbelievable. Train Sim World 2_20210821012234.jpg Train Sim World 2_20210821012302.jpg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  2. superkillieboy

superkillieboy Member

I feel your pain.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ilbambino96

ilbambino96 New Member

It's very annoying.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

In all fairness they did say the patch was to fix the crashing issues. They are still working on the huge DLC woes. What frustrates me is that the game was released on PS4 not PS5 but now the new shiny PS5 version is out DTG seem to have forgotten about its PS4 player base. I for one am not upgrading to a PS5 probably before at least the end of the year so I would expect them to get this sorted pretty sharpish, after all they seemed to have sorted the GWE issues on the PS5 version pretty quickly!

• Like Like x 8
  5. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Ever feel like your expendable?

• Like Like x 6
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I mean, I get that it's a pain, and I've certainly been vocal enough about it, but you have the game installed, it's not crashing and you have six routes functioning that you can use, including the new one. They're still working to get the other DLC fixed so you're highly unlikely to lose them for long. How about you just play with Boston and chill for a bit?

Now that the crashing issue is sorted, I'm just getting on with playing East Coastway until I get SEHS back. Ignoring the Sony blaming and apparent unwillingness to take responsibility for this shambles of a product rollout, DTG were pretty quick to issue the crash fix. I don't give them credit for much, but they can have that one! :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. ottselmaster

What has me worried is that they seem to think its "Just the dlcs wont show up" when its the dlcs WONT WORK because they havent updated them for the new unreal patch.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Factor41

Take comfort in the fact that some of the routes work, so they must know how to fix the others!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ottselmaster

Certainly odd that the routes East coast work. Heck even Clinchfeild doesn't work!

10. photonmonkey

Well I have only seen routes work that were included with one of the core game packages as East Coastway was bundled with the Collectors Edition and that works, none of the new TSW2 DLC even shows for download for me. Still all shows full price.

• Like Like x 1
  11. photonmonkey

Wanted to check out the Preservation Crews updates to WSR but of course I can download however it doesn’t show up!

• Like Like x 1
  12. ottselmaster

Ughhh would be nice if they could actual sort this.

13. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

None of my routes work apart from the ones that came with the base game.

14. erdvilla#9547

erdvilla#9547 New Member

At least according to PC users they finally fixed "Freight Exchange". So now we only have to wait for them to un break that Route along with the other like 30 they broke to be able to complete that Scenario.
    They should really increase the discount on the Rush Hour Season Ticket for PlayStation as an apology...
    Who am I kidding

• Like Like x 3
  15. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

I am running a poll on discounts / free dlc on main playstation page, post your vote, never know DTg might listen

• Like Like x 2
  16. Factor41

I've got East Coastway and Pen Corridor working too. Just play the working ones for now, others will be back soon.

17. ottselmaster

Soon(tm)

• Like Like x 2
  18. michael_wilson10

michael_wilson10 New Member

NO DLC WORKING FOR NON SORT THIS PLEASE

19. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

The Crash seems to be fixed an update ver 1.43 went live last night (23.00pm BST) only the core game seems to be working with only rhine-rhur & east coast-ways as the only DLC that seems to be working its a bloody mess though re-installing does not work either or downloading it again Sony still want to charge for Cathart & SEHS which i brought when they released.
    I still say DTG Should give all ps4 owners a free rush hour season ticket for the shambles this has caused looks like a weekend of misery for ps4 owners who love TSW2 not so much as a Sorry from DTG or Sony

• Like Like x 6
  20. phillipa#1949

What worries me is DTG & Sony don,t give a F***

• Like Like x 5
  21. ottselmaster

Will DTG even update us this weekend?

• Like Like x 1
  22. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Well they do, they are working on an fix.

23. bigmanshake

bigmanshake New Member

SAME HERE LETS PROTEST AT THE DTG HEADQUATERS

• Like Like x 2
  24. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Before you go to the wrong HQ, they're HQ is at the Historic Dockyard in Kent.

• Like Like x 2
  25. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I thought they were all still working from home.

Anyway, if the DLC is showing as not updated for the current core program and the Store is asking for payment, then surely that is a Sony problem rather than DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  26. ottselmaster

DTGs silence isnt helping. Its whats causing all the anger.

27. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We have been trying very hard to communicate to the players as the situation develops. But I will give you a quick summary of where we are at in case you missed anything.

Last night was to fix the crashing error that many PS4 users were experiencing.

The missing add-on or the add-ons which are not working correctly is still being investigated.

At the moment the team are working with Sony over the weekend to try and get this resolved as quickly as we can. We really want to get you back playing.

Keep an eye on this thread for the most recent information, as we update it when things develop.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/player-reports.43678/

• Like Like x 5
  28. ottselmaster

Thank you! The wording on the news section made it sound like it was just the team looking into "Missing addons" not that they are there but not working.

• Like Like x 3
  29. phillipa#1949

I will say one thing in DTG favour the new lay-out looks pretty cool

• Like Like x 1
  30. phillipa#1949

Naaagh LET DTG & Sony take there time & hope that we get a free season ticket for rush hour & if they fail then will March on here let them try & fix it first DTG will be living it down for months after anyway

31. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Maybe when updates come through or are scheduled to come through, It would help if you tested them all thoroughly on consoles as well as just PC.

• Like Like x 1
  32. phillipa#1949

Will get a rush hour season ticket for free as of a means of you saying sorry for this Down-time

• Like Like x 2
  33. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

no

34. erdvilla#9547

erdvilla#9547 New Member

At least I have PLENTY of others games to keep entertained while you work on fixing the big issues.
    I mean you can even run the new DLC as the game is right now, but I don't want to buy anything for the game at the store at the moment because even when I own all other DLCs, according to the Store I can buy many of them (again). That's scary, I can download them from my Library no problem, but I am afraid if I buy the RS Season Ticket something goes wrong and I might lose money.

I feel sorry for players with few games who put their limited hard earned money into the game and as many DLCs as they could to play with their favorite thing in the World and currently have very limited access to it.

• Like Like x 3
  35. gingerpubes2300

gingerpubes2300 Member

Agreed compensation should be given to PS4 users considering we spend our hard earned money to not be able to use a route we paid for is ludicrous. A free season ticket would be the most appropriate form of compensation.

• Like Like x 1
  36. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Wow! First world problems or what?. You’re unable to play a game that you have bought for a few days at most and it’s “Give us a free season ticket”. If they give out a free season ticket to one third or so of their user base, one third of their income from it is gone, DTG go bust and the rest of get no more DLC.

Now, let’s all calm down and make a nice cup of tea. It’s really not the end of the world.

• Like Like x 5
  37. photonmonkey

What has frustrated me is that as I am limited with the routes I can play I had seen that on PS5 someone mentioned the water had been re-instated on Pen Corridor so I thought let’s check it out on PS4, oh surprise it’s still not there whilst I appreciate we will get the same old it’s a resource/performance compromise it just makes that Route look so unfinished and just goes to show I think that the PS4 version will definitely not get any love now there is a PS5 version, so sad.

• Like Like x 2
  38. ilbambino96

ilbambino96 New Member

I haven't tried the new Boston one yet. May try it out today.

39. DANtheWALLY

DANtheWALLY Active Member

It is very annoying. GWE doesn't show up with exactly that error message. Not sure if dtg are taking their time or it's sonys fault as well.

40. phillipa#1949

Any feed-back from DTG yet ? have not seen any update.
    By the way there is another issue you can,t take a Snap shot of your Loco or upload. This fiasco will have a dramatic impact o the future of TSW2 as for rush hour it going to be heavily delayed now

• Like Like x 1
  41. phillipa#1949

I see there have been no further Developments in the last 24hrs & no more Feed-back from DTG this seems to be getting worse by the minute. Somebody has already mentioned this but i am going to say it again in a similar sort of way what have DTG & THE Titanic got in common Answer they are both going down! & that this update was like DTG iceberg they did not see the true depth of what a minor issue could they knew there was a minor issue with it so why did they decide tot release & yes i think a free RUSH Hour season ticket is more than Acceptable

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  42. pelayogamerwtf2008

pelayogamerwtf2008 New Member

In the pause menu I'm in overview and I cant go to the main menu where I have the dlc's. help with wich button is because i pushed all buttons and the pause menu don't do nothing

43. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

You can still take a screen shot It is press and hold R3 then hold down on the D pad now. Hope this helps

44. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

Just wondering, wasnt the situation almoast identical a year ago or so, when they also did a pach where only PC players could play, or something like that, if i remember correctly all the console players had issues..

45. Eicartestfile

Eicartestfile New Member

Maybe it’s just the weekend and they aren’t working. They are also people who need a break.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I thought it had been fixed.

I noticed early this morning when I went into the playstation store on my laptop all the icon or tiles for the add on's had PS4 and PS5 printed small on them. An after clicking on them and reading about them they said they were released on the 19th, some had free and some had purchased But when I whet into the store on my playstation they are still showing the old one's with prices.

I have purchased things in the past through my laptop and downloaded to the playstation so must be the same store.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

None of the so called solutions work here either, some of the DLC shows up as free to download in the store, but none of it is recognised in the game.

48. phillipa#1949

THANKS FOR THAT TIP :love:

49. phillipa#1949

DTG HAVE ALREADY STATED THAT THEY HAVE PEOPLE WORKING ON THIS OVER THE WEEKEND THEY ARE ALSO WORKING WITH SONY

50. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Do people not play other games?

Major game updates (and you can't get much bigger than changing game engine) quote often break the game.
    I play some very large titles from the biggest of developers and sometimes the update makes the game entirely unusable for 3 or 4 days.

TSW2 was working again within a day of the one console specific issue.
    Yes, all of my many DLCs were unavailable, but the base routes could be played, and I could even download the new Boston route (not a chance of me doing that after this issue though, not until it has been thoroughly played tested in the real world)
    Within two days I can get most of my DLC, with only the most recent releases not yet available.

But, the game can be played.

There was a patch on Call Of Duty last year that left me unable to play for 4 days, then repeated crashing for two weeks after that.
    Which, for the game with the highest active player base and several huge development studios working on it was crazy.

But, it happens.

Yes, im pretty annoyed that this rush hour update ended up in a mess, because it is a joke, but they are working hard to fix it. And it isn't just DTG, it's Sony.
    People are shouting about lack of communication, but that's because everybody keeps starting new threads, the official DTG pinned threads are updated frequently with how this mess is being fixed.

You only have to look at the aggressive comments made by some people one here when thr update was delayed by ONE DAY, to see how it would have gone down to delay this further.

DOG'S real issue is they tell us too much, they have so much passion for the product that they talk and talk about it.
    Maybe they should stop, see how that would please everybody.

And anybody that is walking away from the game because of this, goodbye.
    I certainly won't be buying any more content for a bit, but it won't stop me playing at all.

Some people need to get a life and be less aggressive. If a three day delay to getting g your dlc back, when the game can still be played, upsets you that much. It's time to get help.

We are lucky that they are even upgrading the game engine and features for free.
    Many companies would release a brand new, full price £50 game instead, with no carry over of DLC.

• Like Like x 7