Looks Like You Can Soon Play Tsw2 On Pc If You Own Xbox Versions?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by L89, Aug 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Xbox One, Series S/X (optimisation) and PC are now listed on the TSW2 product page. If we look at TSW2020, it has two product pages on the Microsoft Store - one for Xbox and one for Windows. Those are separate games with their own cloud saves and achievements. TSW2 is one product for Xbox and PC as long as you are using the Microsoft Store ecosystem.

It does also say support for Xbox achievements and cloud saves (not sure if synced between PC and Xbox). Other thing is if you bought the game/add-ons in TSW2020 for Windows 10 it is not yet known if you get preserved collection versions.

Edit: I don't think you get add-ons on Windows 10. It's not giving me the option to send to PC, only Xbox.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It's not currently listed among the XBox Play Anywhere list of games, so any speculation right now without confirmation from Microsoft or Dovetail would be premature.

• Like Like x 2
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Well it says available on PC. Bit misleading if you buy it and find out it doesn't work on PC. A PC version is being built for the Microsoft Store because of Game Pass.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  4. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

A PC version already exists. Thats what Steam and Epic have...all it means is that since Microsoft started Game Pass for PC that version will be ported and available for PC users with Game Pass.

MS Flight sim was on the Gampass for PC since it was released. It was only included on Game Pass for Xbox when the Series X version released.

So its nothing new just new to the Gam Pass. But remember MS now operates 3 versions of Game Pass-PC, Xbox, and Play Anywhere for phones and tablets.

5. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

As far as I can see, the new TSW 2 is optimized for Xbox Series X|S, it also has smart delivery meaning if you buy it or own it on Xbox One than it will be FREE in the store for the Series X|S whenever you decide to upgrade to those new consoles.

It is not listed on Microsoft's Xbox Play Anywhere list. An example of an Xbox Play Anywhere game is Sea of Thieves, where it can be played both on Xbox and PC and cloud saves as well.

It's on Game Pass as well for PC and Xbox.

Thus Princess Entrapta said "any speculation right now without official confirmation from Microsoft or Dovetail would be premature".

• Like Like x 1
  6. jthornalley

jthornalley Member

If I go on the store on my PC its shows it as owned as well as the DLC that I own so looks like it might be the case that it will be the same version. It lets me try to install but errors. This could be that it requires the new update to work.

7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Game Pass for PC titles can still be purchased on the Microsoft Store without going to another ecosystem. When Train Sim World 2020 launched on Game Pass, a PC build was made as a separate product to purchase. It never added PC as a supported platform on the Xbox product page (which is the case for Train Sim World 2).

The Xbox and Windows 10 TSW2020 games are on sale right now on the Microsoft Store. I know clearly by having separate product pages I do not own both.

It also says Xbox Series X optimized but we know those versions are not coming until Thursday. Could be the same for the PC build (launching with Game Pass).

I can also use the store page on phone and it gives me the option to install to my Xbox consoles and my PC.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  8. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

The ability to install both versions could simply be a matter of Game Pass allowing users to download both versions and not indicative of a combined version via Play Anywhere. What we'd need is for someone without Game Pass to try and install both versions while only owning one.

9. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

My Game Pass expired yesterday and I can confirm it lets me install the base game on PC (due to owning). It looks like this is the base game only. You do not get your add-ons on PC. Didn't let it download all the way because mine is a toaster.

10. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

You probably could play it via the Xbox game pass app and even play it on the mobile version of the app

11. tyranus12

tyranus12 New Member

I can confirm that even though my DLC is on my Xbox only, I can download and play the base game on my pc via game pass. All DLC I want to play on my PC will not let me install. It says when you go to download owned DLC that it will ONLY install on my Xbox one. Bummer, however maybe (please ;-D) someday we can do swaps.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

You can. I just finished playing it on Game Pass Ultimate on my phone. Now it's only the base game but if you purchase DLC, it plays on gamepass via the app. I do not have an Xbox at all so I'm pretty overjoyed to play LIRR on the go!
    Like playing LIRR, while riding on the actual LIRR!

• Like Like x 1
  13. HollyJScarrott

HollyJScarrott New Member

If you have Game Pass, you can also play through your Web browser at xbox.com - with Xbox Cloud Gaming. Plug in a controller, put it in full-screen, and you're good to go!

Any DLC that you've already got on your Xbox works, too; and plays better than the Xbox One version. I'd probably say it's equivalent to Series S, but streaming at 720p and 30fps.

• Helpful Helpful x 2