First Impressions After The Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ropeboy#9736, Aug 20, 2021.

1. ropeboy#9736

ropeboy#9736 New Member

Hello,
    After the update chaos (uninstallation and reinstallation), here are my first experiences:
    Not all purchased DLC and addons are still available. In the game, the switching of the outdoor camera has been changed. There is now according to the control menu, an additional control, but how to activate it?
    Timetable mode:
    The weather settings cannot be changed. However, this works in exploratory mode.

BR185.2: The AFB function is On the DB89112 catastrophic, it no longer brakes properly. Same effect as from TSW 2020 to TSW 2.Will continue to update this tread.

HRR:
    In the timetable for the BR185.2 Railion 10 train services are missing. All trips with tank cars are missing.

First conclusion: A serious update without an update guide (what has changed and which new functions can be used how) and a lot of bugs. I can't get rid of the feeling that users are being abused as beta testers.
    In the hope that very quickly the bugs will be fixed.

:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

For camera options here are the equations:

Right stick click toggles exterior or interior view.
    (Right stick hold down )+ (d-pad left/right) allows you to cycle through available interior or exterior views.
    (Right stick hold down whilst in exterior front/rear cam) + (left stick up/down) gives you field of view zoom.
    (Right stick hold down) + (d-pad down) takes a railfan screenshot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

Switching to external camera now defaults to the “head out” view; if you go into the settings you can change this to “external” which then means when you switch to external it gives you the original view of the train. Just in case that was the issue you had.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. ropeboy#9736

ropeboy#9736 New Member

Hy, thanks for the tip :)
    Have now also found out how the additional control can be achieved. Key Square and then press the appropriate button.

5. kevc137

kevc137 New Member

I've never had to reinstall a title in PS4, I'd appreciate a pointer to how it is done please.

6. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

You can delete the game by clicking options when hovering over the TSW2 placeholder in your menus. From there it's a case of going to your library, purchased items and redownloading it again.

7. kevc137

kevc137 New Member

thank you Gilly

8. ropeboy#9736

ropeboy#9736 New Member

Bugs in Boston DLC:
    - I played Boston today and noticed that at least between Boston and Hyde Park signals are missing. They appear in the HUD and map, but not in the game.
    Example: Between Back Bay and Ruggles I'm Tunnel Milestone 227.
    - When passengers with black dresses sit down, holes are created in the leg area of the passengers.

That would be it for today. Don't want to frustrate me any further.

9. goose#2859

goose#2859 New Member

Just a small thing but I'm loving the update to the maps to put the station names on there. A little QOL improvement that improves my enjoyment of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Are anyones screenshots uploading - mine say upload fail each time. Plus no overlays on completing mastery challenges. Just an empty black selection screen.

11. Luke8899

My pics have uploaded fine. Maybe try logging into Dovetail live again?

12. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Sadly still not doing it. It must recognise Im logged in though as my mastery counts and my profile updates with the routes / mileage Ive done on Boston....(?)
    (This is even after logging out and in again)

13. Luke8899

Are you on PS5 with the PS5 version? I am on PS4 so maybe there is a difference.

Have just noticed that whilst my railfan images are uploading properly, they are now .jfif file format, so have to be converted to jpeg before they are any use. I guess they have changed it to save on their server storage space.

14. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Im on PS5 so maybe? Its a trivial thing compared with what others are experiencing - If it doesnt work when all this calms down - Ill report again. Thanks

15. ropeboy#9736

ropeboy#9736 New Member

3 days after:
    Yesterday evening the update for version 1.43 was installed. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled everything again, without RRO, LGV, CL 20 and CL 31. I can't find any change.
    The following DLC and addon, have the following status in my game:
    NCB - installed / available
    OSD - installed / not available
    Arosa - installed / not available
    SHS - installed / not available
    CRR - installed / not available
    GWE - installed / not available
    WSR - installed / not available
    TVL - installed / not available
    NTP - installed / not available
    LIRR - installed / not available
    ECW - installed / available
    MSB - installed / available
    HRR - installed / not complete
    RT - installed / available
    MCB - installed / available
    SFJ - installed / available
    RSN - installed / available
    CL52 - installed / not available
    BR HF - installed / not available
    BR 182 - installed / not available
    BR 204 - installed / not available
    BR 155 - installed / not available
    CL 465 - installed / not available
    BR 363 - installed / available
    MP36H - installed / available
    MP150C - installed / available
    I'm looking forward to next week, to what extent DTG gets the disaster under control and lets the Ps4 players get a small compensation.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

I dont understand how DTG are saying keep uninstalling reinstalling it's clear all add ons outside of base are up creek. It's the I.T approach of letting first line fix your major incident by switching on and off again on a loop, time to send this to thirdline at dtg/sony, the comms team including protag/jd/nat are in a bad place and need their senior techs out in front stating what is going on now, as of 4PM today. Maybe Matt could do a live stream from his PS4 detailing what went wrong and why the error messages are occurring.

• Like Like x 2
  17. xkhayd#5485

xkhayd#5485 New Member

For me I did delete TSW2, turned off PS4 reinstalled TSW2 from disc, updated to 1.43 auto started game without add ons no error message. Then closed the application went to the library on PS4 and re-downloaded my 14 add ons, started the game again and error message back so yes the add ons are the problem. I did try a few timetables to see what's changed and have to say game play is much improved I've found things running a lot smoother than the old one and start up time is a lot quicker. That said I couldn't find the restart timetable/scenario tab and no return to menu tab, So I had to close down the application and restart so no idea were they've gone.

• Like Like x 1
  18. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Like Hell am I uninstalling it, I do not want to lose what I have so far achieved all because of an issue that DTG have made of their own untested (so it would seem) making!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...apart from the missing DLC that cannot be properly activated at Sony's Playstation Store, the 4.26 engine update works really fine. Framerate and loading times benefit from it, even the storage requirement has decreased a bit. The intro sequence doesn't hack anymore either and I like the MCU like little trailer with locos instead of superheros. Praise to the video editors, even the sound is perfect!

Immersion camera: I like the new immersion camera 2.0, which finally allows you to use the zoom function from every viewpoint (also on foot) and thus creates more visual variety. Furthermore the use of the controller with the corresponding button combinations isn't much difficult, if you are used to it.
    Menu: you quickly get used to the new menu navigation, but the diorama is a little too much oriented towards the front view and should show the train a little more from the side, as it was the case in earlier versions of TSW. Maybe we can see different menu dioramas in the future again, but the station hall fits very well.
    Passengers: the revised passenger system come over to see better and finally they are wearing different clothes, at least variations of it. The little scene dioramas with the railway staff waiting for service are also a great idea and make the world livelier and more dynamic.
    Custom Liveries: liveries created with the Livery Designer are shown very pixelated, if used in service mode or in the diorama menu. So it has to be fixed afterwards.
    DLC: the MSB route update, which was also implemented looks really good. I like the newly made container terminal in the docks of Aschaffenburg and the revision of some stations along the route.

Conclusion:
    apart from the teething troubles, a good step forward...and of course good new Mastery rewards! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

To get back to the menu tab you hold L1 after you have pressed option button, Hold though not press.

21. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’ve played ECW because it’s one of the base routes I can still play since the core updates. One time table route that I previously played via the journey mode always held me up at a red light whilst I had to give way to another train going into the station this always put me about 3-4 mins behind schedule as such I could never make up time and could never get a gold medal no matter how many times I tried. Since the core update I’ve had green lights all the way and managed to complete it with a gold. So something positive for me at least! :)

Load times are slightly faster, game play is smoother, doesn’t seem pop ups are as noticeable, I am starting to like the new menu’s, colours seem more vivid? No stutter as yet on either ECW or BL, distance to station count down much bigger and easier to see, so all in all missing dlc’s aside it seems a worthwhile upgrade and definitely extends the life of this game on my PS4 for me.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  22. ropeboy#9736

ropeboy#9736 New Member

BR 185.2
    I have the following with the BR185. 2 in AFB mode. In the DB livery, the AFB works perfectly. Catastrophic in the Railion livery. The braking effect on gradients is almost zero :(

By-the-way: I'm German and my English is not. the best, so I use the translator of SwiftKey