The Tsw Forum Need To Change...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by diamondderp, Aug 21, 2021.

1. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

To be honest, I can't take the TSW forum serieus anymore... the only things I see is New (and probably also young) Members are just putting some random stuff what is completely useless, like most suggestions and/or polls.
    Most suggestions of New Members are like this:

And most polls are like this:
    And then most polls are completely irrelevant of the topic.

So I was thinking of limiting the members with the tag New Members, by not available to suggest routes and/or place polls. And maybe also do that only people are allowed to post things onto the forums if their e-mail is verified etc.

I am really getting sick of these stupid suggestions, polls, out of context threads/polls made by New Members. I can't take the forum anymore seriously, I try to be serieus but it isn't possible anymore. The New Members spams the whole suggestion section full with one of these suggestions what we can do nothing with.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

You were a new member once. And what exactly is your problem with young people?

• Like Like x 2
  3. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Just take a second to look at the suggestions, that's what I am mostly annoyed. But it also annoys me the New Members that are just talking trash.

4. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

I don't know about that. I've seen a fair number of more experienced members talking nonsense too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

A lot of the newer members are working in English as a second language, so a little patience is required.

• Like Like x 2
  6. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I am not talking about their grammar and what they can say, it's about what they post as suggestions, mostly are just saying the route and thats it, no detail at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

While I partly agree that New Members are creating a good majority of the low effort posts, there are plenty of not so new members contributing to the decline of the overall conversation on the forums, young and old alike.

Personally I think increased, and less biased moderation is needed.

• Like Like x 2
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I think the point is that the forums are not here to cater for your personal preferences.

9. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I can understand how that can be frustrating, but I must admit what I personally find more annoying is the immediate response from people demanding extra detail or photos or whatever. There's nothing wrong with requesting more details, but the request is often just blunt and demanding, hardly welcoming to new users.

If someone is interested in a route enough to be asking for more details on it, then it is not too much of a stretch for them to research it themselves and share their findings in the thread. If they don't have time for that, then there are much more polite ways of asking for details without, as people often do, replying with 'more details' and nothing more.

Edit: I do wish people would stop just heading their threads as 'New Route' though ;)

• Like Like x 1