Has The News Media Picked Up On This Fiasco?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shhweeet#4292, Aug 20, 2021.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for you those who out number you on Scotland independence give the impression that you do care. As for what this has to do with TSW? Well my friend who butted in here along with some of his mates thought it was very relevant in earlier threads on this TSW message board. One even suggested Cathcart Circle line should have had the Saltier flag instead of the Union Jack!

Finally there is nothing entitled for those who have spent a lot of money on something to actually want to be able to have and use their purchases.

2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

*Saltire / *Union Flag (it's only jack on the sea)
    :)

3. shhweeet#4292

Because you were making a point
    you didn’t need to make. Where have I ever said this was more important than what’s going on in the likes of Afghanistan?

4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I have a small feeling the misspelling of Saltire was deliberate.

5. trainsimplayer

As do I.
    You didn't, and that's fair. But, due to that, and other real, important (key word) issues effecting real lives, TSW doesn't (no offense DTG) warrant a place on the news. It's a small community, what benefit would the BBC, CNN, anything get from it? What purpose would it serve? What's the point? The awnser to all 3; none.

• Like Like x 1
  6. shhweeet#4292

Really? Have you read some of the so called new stories in the entertainment sections in the likes of the Sky News app.

Perhaps not many people actually knew who Sean Lock was. Just a thought.

7. shhweeet#4292

I have a feeling I don’t really care

8. Phitasphook

Phitasphook New Member

Union jack as it should be tbh but folk nitpicking about a flag in this game/sim is no different to you about this being news worthy. We all have spent alot of money on this but to troll folk or get angry at other people's nationality is childish behaviour. Oh and btw Pal i'm no your friend.

• Like Like x 1
  9. trainsimplayer

Now the mods should consider stepping in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. shhweeet#4292

Sigh!

11. trainsimplayer

"Sigh" if you want to be aggresive to, basically everyone, you should expect it.

12. Clumsy Pacer

I think the fact that it was the most viewed article on the BBC's website on Wednesday says otherwise. He was a regular panellist on 8 Out Of 10 Cats and its Countdown spin-off, as well as being a panellist on the likes of QI, all of which garner at least 1-2 million viewers per episode, sometimes I imagine they get more. Way more people are going to know him, or at least have heard of him, than have heard of TSW.

I haven't, but just had a quick look on the website is showing me articles about films, celebrities and love island (which is very popular) - these kind of articles have been going around for years show they're quite popular with audiences, even if they aren't for you. Like I said, TSW2 is far too niche. I seem to remember a few years ago it got into the Mirror (or at least into the depths of their website) for its 2018 summer release, because someone from the Mirror reviewed it and all I can remember about it is they said it was boring.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

You could certainly contact a news source if you wanted to. It's only your time that you'll be wasting, after all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. shhweeet#4292

A/ And I’m not getting trolled I suppose.

B/ As I explained earlier I’m not angry about people being Scottish I actually like the Scots as it happens I am pretty pissed that people have the audacity to try and make out I think this problem with TSW2 is more important than things like Afghanistan though.

C/ Where did I say you were my friend? But if your not I’m sure I’ll get over it.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

15. shhweeet#4292

Well thanks for allowing me that privilege,
    but as others like to keep saying it’s only a game and I only really want what I’ve paid for at the end of the day sooner rather than later or preferably a refund which isn’t going to happen. This thread was started by me because I genuinely wondered why the media hadn’t picked it up to report on but as we have seen it’s hit a raw spot with some and I forgot to ask permission as to what I can or can’t bring up so I feel I’ve been trolled. Oh well!

16. Doomotron

As has been said by many others, this is a complete non-issue for everybody who doesn't specifically play the PS4 version of this niche game - about 400 people. It is an issue where a fix is being worked on, and partially already has. The BBC, or GB News, or CNN, or RT, have more than enough content to talk about before this would even appear in the top 100 new news.
    You have my permission.

• Like Like x 1
  17. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

Source on that number?

18. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Okay this thread is getting a little heated.

Consider stepping away and coming back with a calmer mind if you find yourself struggling to remain calm with other users.

Please also remember that these forums are here to discuss Train Sim World, and other relevant topics.

Politics do not belong here and should be discussed elsewhere.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Doomotron

SteamDB. The game gets around 1000 players on Steam on average. Since we know that Steam (pre-Epic at least) accounted for a third of the playerbase, the PlayStation versions of the game get around 1000 players as well. Divide it by two to take into account the PS5 version, then take off a bit just in case, and you end up with around 400 people. Of course, since DTG don't release player statistics for the console versions of the game, we'll never know exactly how many people play each version, so my rough estimate will have to do for now.

20. shhweeet#4292

Thats what I was doing until I got attacked, accused and trolled by those who didn’t like the post subject. I’m perfectly calm and I’m stepping away. After all I’m the bad guy aren’t I :(

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  21. trainsimplayer

I would imagine that PS5 would be lesser of the two PlayStation groups here, considering the shortness of supply, and the main discussion with this update seemingly PS4. And this also reflects what I know to be true over on Xbox.

22. Doomotron

I would expect that at the moment. I expect that PC by itself is the largest platform, so at most I reckon PlayStation accounts for 600-700 players, with PS4 being the majority. Although again, with no official statistics, we can't know. The PS5 version might have 10,000 concurrent players for all we know.

23. Clumsy Pacer

They're hiding them pretty well, then :D

24. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

You know when things get heated? When someone comes in and tries to tell someone else how they should feel (either good or bad). Is the anger in these forums a bit excessive? Probably. But replying to posts with “stop being so angry, go find something else to do, it’s only a video game” will only make things worse and will make angry people angrier. If you’re fine with the current state, that’s great. If someone else is angry about it, let them be angry. It’s really not anyone’s place to tell anyone else how to feel.

• Like Like x 1