PC Boston Sprinter - A Few Issues

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Coffeeist, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Coffeeist

Coffeeist New Member

So far I haven't experienced anything that severely hindered my enjoyment of the new route, but a few issues have presented themselves that I feel are definitely worth looking into - classified how I would personally rate them in terms of (Severity/Type of issue).

• (Severe/Functionality) MBTA doors get stuck open - I have noticed that the doors on MBTA coaches can get stuck open. It seems at least one specific cause for this is hitting Open Doors for one side, then hitting Close Doors for the same side before they had finished opening - either via the Y/U shortcuts or the tab menu button. Once this has happened, the Door control for that side ceases to work in any way (key or tab menu), and running through the train I found some doors that were open and had no way to close them. Interestingly, the "Lock Doors" instruction at the top left had switched into the green color indicating completion of the task, but never dismissed as it normally would.
    • (Moderate/Functionality) Something seems to be up with the signalling heading into Providence on every southbound service I have tried so far (for example, the Amtrak departing Boston around 9:30AM, #93 if I recall). Around the slower curve southwest of South Attleboro, I've found I started getting yellow Approach/Approach Medium (30-45mph) signals the whole way into Providence, down from 60-70mph limits on most of the line, with no train in front of me causing it as far as I could see on the map. I have noticed there is always a Red signal after the platforms in Providence, and I suspect that is there due to it being the end of the playable route, and perhaps is causing all the Approach aspects coming towards it. However, it certainly is not realistic (and does not help with keeping schedules) to be stuck going half track speed for no "real" reason (I can't recall the train ever having gone that slowly through this section when I used to ride this line fairly regularly).
    • (Moderate/Asset) One of the signals on southbound approach to Providence seems to be permanently showing a red aspect, unless I'm just misunderstanding it. It is on the curve coming in on the big freight yard north of providence, between the right-most and second-from-right-most tracks. It is a tall tower, with two heads on the left (I assume for the second-from-right track) and two on the right (I assume for the right-most track). Again using the 9:30AM Boston Amtrak departure as an example, which is on the second-from-right track at this point. On this service and others I have tried, those two left signal heads show as fully Red in the world, however in the cab signaling and game UI, they showed as Yellow/Approach.
    • (Minor/Asset) The MBTA F40's bell seems rather quiet, be it from inside, inside with windows down, or outside. I live very close to an MBTA station and can pretty reliably say the E-Bell on the F40PH-3C could be a bit more audible in the game.
    • (Minor/Asset) The general area of the station building at Route 128 is fairly incorrect. The building should be a touch closer to the southbound platform, with direct ground level stair access to it. The footbridge over the tracks should also have direct elevated access to the main station building (at least visually, understandable I presume the station building interior won't ever be modelled in game).
    • (ER/Asset) More of an Enhancement Request than a bug perse, but given it was mentioned on one of the streams, I definitely want to voice my agreement that it was an oversight to leave out the abandoned Pawtucket/Central Falls station (between Providence and South Attleboro) out as an interesting point to pass through along the route. For someone familiar with the line it's a pretty notable omission.
    • (ER/Asset) The horn on the ACS-64 and CTC-3 (MBTA Cab car) aren't the best

Not issues at all which probably don't belong here... but I'm adding a few future content suggestions here while I'm at it nonetheless.
    • MBTA HSP46 with Kawasaki or Rotem (they're quite similar, really) Bilevels. Bonus points for some other single-levels... the MBB B/CTC-3s were a bit of a strange choice. Truth be told I'd be surprised if at least the HSP/Bilevels weren't already being considered though (a la the San Francisco MP36).
    • Speaking of the MP36-3C given it's already in the game... probably not worth what sounded like (on stream) a lot of development time to retrofit ATC/ACSES systems, but just sayin' the MBTA does own tow of them.
    • The really big one as was also mentioned on streams... the Acela. Though I'd definitely suggest going with the upcoming Avelia Liberty sets instead of the existing, soon to be outgoing stock.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

The doors not closing bug happened to me, too. I had to quit since the objective is stuck with green circle, too

3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

This clearly makes boston NEC less and less worth 30.00 and barely worth season ticket price.Just how much money is dtg trying to lose with defective dlc releases like the last several recent ones.

4. Peter jackson

Peter jackson New Member

I’ve realized the doors get stuck when the trap door doesn’t close after you lock doors. Manually closing the trap door and prompting close doors again has worked so far.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Coffeeist

Coffeeist New Member

Hmm, I'll take a closer look next time I run into it again (though I've been trying to wait longer before hitting the button again... or just hitting the right button in the first place haha) - I'm fairly certain though this wasn't the specific issue I had, I remember having tried opening and closing the trapdoors without the door itself having the close option come back.

6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

At Sharon and Mansfield, the platform height detection thing seems to not work, most of the doors do not open the trap doors which they should at these stations.

7. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

A lot of the high platform sections at the low platform stations don’t have the climb up function either. It’s hit or miss, so I don’t know exactly which ones.

8. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

My main issue is the fact AI services seem to frequently end up sharing the same signal section. I've had a number of occasions where AI services are practically touching one another

9. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

In the MBTA F40 or Cab car you cannot change ends on PC using Control- or control = keys. It keeps you in the seat of the same cab.

Once you've pressed this and later press E to stand up, your character teleports to the leading passenger car.

10. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

The F40 brake sounds are copied(?) from the Peninsula Corridor Caltrain F40 with the manually lapping brakes, so if you go to 80% you got a constant hiss of the brake applying which should not happen with the self lapping brake on the MBTA F40.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    -Stoughton car owners give new meaning to the word "lowriders".

-the BTC cars are completely silent outside sounds even with doors open (entering the car behind a locomotive completely makes the engine silent).
    -there's a flying fence somewhere before Route 128, I'll try and screenshot it the next time.