Xbox Download Issues?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Aug 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I am going to wait and be patient until I hear from DTG that they can guarantee that the download will cause no further problems, before I purchase the season ticket.

2. NYIslanders0902

NYIslanders0902 Active Member

Sounds good

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zander34

Zander34 Member

When you uninstall and then reinstall do your liveries save.

4. grahamsarea18

grahamsarea18 Member

You became a very small minority partner. When you purchased Dovetail games dlc's.

5. buchananj742

buchananj742 New Member

Yeah, I’ve tried reinstalling, but my xbox 1 s is older, and a bit more slow. The store is all messed up and bugged, and many of my routes aren’t showing up. These routes are: GWE, Cathcart Circle, East Coastway and Isle of Wight. Is there a permanent patch coming in the near future? A patch where users do not have to do any reinstalling? I have spent probably over £100 in this game and would either like a full refund or all of my **WORKING** DLC packs to be handed back to me. I’m not happy dovetail.

6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

You should never reinstall anything via the store except as a last resort, always do it via the manage games option in your XBox dashboard, as that should always correctly list every game and piece of DLC you own.

7. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

So I uninstalled and the reinstalled everything I own including DLC. Most of it works except for all the content that came with Collector’s Edition on Xbox One. So is there a fix for that?!

And by that I mean:
    - East Coastway
    - Peninsula Corridor
    - Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr

8. Princess Entrapta

Out of interest, what version numbers are showing for those DLCs in your install manager? I have the game running perfectly on all xbox platforms so would like to compare this info to see what it can tell us.

My versions:
    ECW - Series X: 1.1.31.0 XBox One: 1.0.5.0
    PC - Series X: 1.1.31.0 XBox One: 1.0.18.0
    HRR - Series X: 1.1.458.0 XBox One: 1.0.6.0

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  9. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

I did a full reinstall last night and everything is working apart from East Coastway. The download/install process ends after about three seconds having not installed the DLC.

10. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

That’s the same problem I’ve got. I’ve raised a ticket with Dovetail hoping they will look into the issue

11. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

You need to go to manage game bundle

12. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

With Xbox one x I had the update for the main TSW2 but not all DLC have updated and should I have updates for all my owned DLC please?

13. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Have you tried uninstalling everything and reinstalled it all?

14. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

I’m obviously one of the lucky ones as everything downloaded without a hitch. The only thing I’ve noticed is the on game ‘shop’ thinks that I don’t yet own the season tickets ticket however I do and the Boston route downloaded and is playable. All other routes and locos are correctly shown as owned.

15. louiscarroll#5708

louiscarroll#5708 New Member

Routes not showing when installed are East Coastway, Peninsula Corridor and Hauptstrecke plus I am on Xbox One S

16. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

I’ve been given this advice from a Dovetail advisor:-

Thank you for contacting us.

We are very sorry to hear that you have been unable to access your Train Sim World 2 add-ons.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have suffered. We would recommend that you try reinstalling the game using the instructions below.

Reinstall a Game

Before you can reinstall a game, you must first uninstall it from the console's hard drive. To uninstall a game:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
    2. Highlight the game you want to uninstall, press the Menu button, select Uninstall, and then follow the prompts.
    3. You can then reinstall the game by inserting the disc or downloading it again from the Microsoft Store or Xbox Game Pass, or go to My games & apps > Full library.
    Reinstall an add-on

1. From the Home screen, scroll to the right and press [A] to navigate to the My games and apps menu.
    2. Navigate to the game and press [Menu].
    3. Select Manage game.
    4. From the Ready to install column, select the add-on to begin the download.
    Check the Downloads Queue

1. From the Home screen, scroll to the right and press [A] to navigate to the My games and apps menu.
    2. Navigate to Queue to see if the download and installation are complete.
    Xbox Power Cycle

1. Press and hold the [Xbox] button on the front of the console for 10 seconds.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable and wait for 10 seconds.
    3. Plug the power cable back in and turn the console back on by pressing the [Xbox] button again.
    How to set your Xbox as your "Home Console":

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.
    3. Do either of the following:
      • Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
      • Select Remove this as my home Xbox to remove the designation.
    When you change home consoles, all device licenses for digital content will move to your new home Xbox. These device licenses will no longer be available on your previous home Xbox. In other words, when you switch your home Xbox, access to your content comes with you to your new home Xbox, and anyone signed in can enjoy it. Your previous home Xbox will still give your friends and family access to your stuff when you’re signed in to it.

Kind Regards,

17. stimp#5938

I checked for ECW. It says 1.0.51.0. Funny thing though it also says: Aquired date N/A, installdate: 1-1-0001, Updatedate: 1-1-0001, LastActiveDate: 1-1-0001. That seems wrong.

18. stimp#5938

Thanks. Where do I do that?

19. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

It didn’t work, still missing East Coastway, Peninsula Corridor and Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr routes from the game

20. Dottypaprika

Dottypaprika New Member

For me the core update downloaded and all my DLC packs downloaded ok. But I purchased the Rush Hour Deluxe edition and it does not download the season ticket contents. It downloaded the boston sprinter pack but no other routes have downloaded. The game still thinks I need to buy it. I’ve tried removing everything and re installed from scratch the core game and packs but still the season ticket is not recognized as a download.

21. Princess Entrapta

Because it is a season pass and the other two routes do not exist yet.

22. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Hi, I hadn’t yet but if that’s the recommended thing to do I’ll give that a shot. So delete main game and all addons and then start with installing the game followed by each addon? Thanks for your help!

23. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Just got back from a week in the lake district, in updates only core+ sehs and main spasert bahn. Am uninstalling and reinstalling all, eta 17 hours
    Realise somethings gone wrong but…

24. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

I've uninstalled the DLC's that don't work, and reinstalled them. Only the Island Line works. Still get the error code for GWR Paddington - Reading. ECW is the main one i play and I can't get it back. I don't want to unistall the game in case that messes it all up. After reinstalling the DLC, the error codes have gone apart from the GWR route, but I can't see my routes at all

25. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

If you ate doing the uninstall tips, you have to uninstall everything, the base game and ALL DLC you have, then reinstall the base game first

26. tyranus12

tyranus12 New Member

Same here. If you select a route and back out the game won't respond. its not a freeze as my character avatar keeps moving

27. formulabee#1362

For ecw u need to go into manage bundle and it will show the Adonis that came with the bundle

28. richard#3039

richard#3039 New Member

Hi jcalmann I am of the older generation here,let’s say I can remember black and white TV,like you I was unsure about uninstalling TSW 2 so I just uninstalled the dlcs and that didn’t work, so I bit the bullet and uninstalled the main game and then rebooted my Xbox re-installed TSW 2 that took around 30 mins then added one by one all my owned dlcs,and it worked I now am back where I was before the core download.It’s a bit of a faff but all my routes are working now,hope this helps you.

29. driver#7595

driver#7595 Member

30. driver#7595

driver#7595 Member

31. driver#7595

driver#7595 Member

Any updates with the add on for xbox1

32. driver#7595

driver#7595 Member

Same no updates

33. stimp#5938

Doesn’t work for me. Still missing three DLC that came with the collectors edition.

34. formulabee#1362

You need to go to manage game bundle, that’s how I got hrr and ecw back

35. Princess Entrapta

I still have my black and white TV! The first TV I ever used for gaming back on my Electron and it still works!

36. Dottypaprika

Dottypaprika New Member

Hi, sorry I did not realise that. But thank you for the information and the friendly reply you gave. Take care and have a lovely day ❤️

• Like Like x 1
  37. Princess Entrapta

I don't think DTG took into account how many potential customers weren't gonna have been keeping up to date on all their updates within the confines of their fan community, and were going to end up flooding here with the same questions. Having it go on Game Pass to coincide with the new patch probably didn't help on that front either :D

• Like Like x 3
  38. stimp#5938

But how?! Sorry feeling like a noob here…

39. formulabee#1362

So was I!

I’ll provide a step by step tutorial tonight

40. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

I didn't get ECW as part of the Collectors Edition but still can't get it to install. Any advice?

41. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

It may(?) appear that way but I noticed in the Microsoft Store you can purchase TSW2 bundled with Rush Hour Season Pass for near the same price as the Season Pass in isolation. This is due to some of the discounting as TSW2 is now on Game Pass.

42. driver#7595

driver#7595 Member

Ive seen a lot all about Ps4 download to add ob but it seems Xbox users are left behind.

43. driver#7595

driver#7595 Member

Same problem ive got any suggestions please.?

44. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

Tried again at midday with he DLC and now it works :)

• Like Like x 1
  45. richard#3039

richard#3039 New Member

Good to hear happy days.

46. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I’m on Xbox oneS. All of dlc is ticked as installed except SEHS. I uninstalled ntp rsn tvl GWE rso rt ecw along with heavy freight pack class 31 20 465/9. Reinstalled and nothing.

47. neilwatson2007

neilwatson2007 Member

Got my routes back, uninstalled then loaded them all back again although only a select few so to only play the ones i want at the moment and seems to be ok, haven't got Boston as tbh American routes don't do much for me but eager for London to Brighton to come out

48. alanlakin

alanlakin New Member

Hi, So i have uninstalled the lot and installed the lot on my Xbox Series S. Took approx 3,5 hrs to install but everything is now working including the Boston route. Talking of the Boston route I've done all the winter scenarios and enjoyed the lot. The picture quality is very good and there's certainly a lot more passengers!!! The locos are great but my only gripe and i know some people may laugh is that flaming "Bell", i know you can cancel it but id like to permanently turn turn the thing off !! lol . Hope everyone gets sorted

49. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is how could this happen. Why do Xbox players have to uninstall the entire game and dlc's and reinstall the game to get it working properly again. This is the only game i've played that made me do this. I'm on series x btw. Clearly this update was not tested properly because this shouldn't have happen. Keep in mind that this update was DELAYED. What are the standards of their qa/qc team? I am so glad I didn't buy the season ticket and I don't plan on getting it because of this mess. I feel bad for ps4 users though.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  50. formulabee#1362

Shows off the dysfunctional QA team

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.