Seriously Going Out On A Limb Here.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Aug 22, 2021.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Below is a picture of the error that some of you PS4 players have been getting. To me that says the affected routes & or DLC mean they were not updated to the new core version properly?
    Possibly at DTG's end? Or a bug as it was uploaded to the PSN Server?
    I would like to try and help, SO refrain from Slagging off DTG (if you're going to do that then go create your own thread), there's too many people that are doing this already, go and do it in those threads. This is one to try and help and solve the issue that I really don't see to many people doing at the moment. DTG Natster, DTG Protagonist & DTG JD I understand if you need to lock the the thread, or delete comments.
    Its not my pic by the way it was sent to me.

Regards

Hentis
    239629084_566852457778310_4325210621072571658_n.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Agreed, It’s either not the correct updated versions on the store or the versions are labelled incorrectly internally so the new new core cannot recognise them. It won’t matter how many times you re-install and download they are not recognised.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Little slow hentis :)I posted this at 3am Thursday trying to help everyone creating a visual guide what to expect updating from 4 to 5
    Core update in the 4 and DLC issues etc. I even messaged the DTG members you tagged (minus JD plus Matt) to say both thanks for the streams etc as I appreciate their time spent doing them.

As it stands some DLC when running the PS4 version gives me two choices for each when trying to download and the files sizes are very different for each.

I can only assume from the two choices… 1) will be the old which will cause the core error message 2) the bigger file size option of the two might just work and the fine tuning remaining is for Sony to remove the classic DLC that’s no longer compatible with the pre core version

and you’re welcome (if I’m right that is :D)

edit: shall download the 4 version again and add screens to explain what I mean above. As it might help DTG folk know what the user base are dealing with.

And like hentis said, no moaning on here. Let’s try and keep this one helpful.

• Like Like x 2
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Thanks Tynmar,

I only had the pic sent to me about 15 minutes before I made the post. I was also asleep at 3am lol.
    But yeah it was the first thing that crossed my mind. I havent updated the PS4 pro, although the PS4 version did update on the PS5 (external drive) but I havent dared try it. I did however download the PS5 version. The only problem Ihad was that I was unable to download the GWE route (which I now have).

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  5. severino#7139

severino#7139 Member

I can tell you for sure there's nothing we can do about it. It's not an installation/download error, it's a PsStore fault, where it addresses you to download an old version of TSW2 and or related add-ons.
    I tried everything these 2 days but nothing worked. I'm currently in touch with JD, he was asking me some screenshots here and there and i provided all i could. I'll continue to help 'till these situation is over of course. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks very much, everyone. We are still working hard on this - we will need some help from Sony though I feel. More when we have it - I'll keep an eye on this thread though if there are any brainwaves here!

Our current thinking is on your wavelength though.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

i had a brain wave on thursday, it was why did i update the game and now its bricked why havent they put out a download to go back to the previous 1.?? whatever so the game actually works.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It's amazing to think that a few years ago DTG broke Steam by silencing negative reviews, and now they've broken the PlayStation Store. Now all they need to do is break the Microsoft Store and Epic Games Store and they'll be done. Bonus points if they manage to break Origin through Rail Simulator.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

to my knowledge rollbacks simply are not possible therefore not an option. PS this is meant to be a helpful thread?? You aren’t helping. (Ain’t helping either ;))

10. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

DTG JD below are the screens which show my waffle from earlier on here. Not all routes have two options. Trial and error here takes time as it’s 27gb each time.

I picked the larger of the two options for fun and gave the error in the 3rd image. Odd it caused this error as the default option / the smaller one would typically be the first choice if downloading from outside the game not from within.

07D9DDA5-2DCC-4546-8A30-ABE1228EBAB6.jpeg

7ADF545B-65AA-4C78-9553-5B56CD51B3A1.jpeg

5564FDB7-8228-47CB-AD73-AE6BC7E63719.jpeg

shall install from fresh again and try the smaller of the two and will report back how it loads.

might try some more routes both with the choice of download size and ones with no options.

• Like Like x 2
  11. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

PS read your relpy, are, and are'nt/ are not, are different, only jesting sir, im just p***ed right off that they broke my game with their useless update.

• Like Like x 1
  12. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Fix forward is the way, no point going back now, hopefully tomorrow more staff will be on hand to help.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

andyt741 updated my post just for you ;)

Anyway another route with a choice of download size, will try this tomorrow I think. Router is running a little hot now.

78074ED7-815E-4E2B-B27C-2239FD9F0235.jpeg

7B2F1D10-9F94-4805-A018-3D97B5CD9374.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. severino#7139

severino#7139 Member

are you on PS4 or PS5? i can only assume the difference in file size is because of the two console version but i just can't get why you get prompted with the choice.(if you are on PS4 of course)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

hey, I am on the 5 trying to crack the case as to why it’s gone off the rails.

If you look again at the screenshots, both say PS4/Map

I got to these screens/ options by clicking the route from within the game (4) taking me to the store pop up. Noticed the other day and thought why is “add on” an option which then gives the choice when selecting.

any download content will download to the correct version of the game. I can’t imagine it being that busted that PS5 content is trying to install on a 4 game, Sony will have some fsilsafe I imagine to stop this ever happening.

16. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

hahaha, i was being frivolous/pedantic sir, hahaha, nice one;);)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BleenteamJ#6470

BleenteamJ#6470 Member

I'm on ps4 and the store asks to choose a version too, there is one version which just gives me the download option, and one that tells me to pay again, they are both the same size though. 20210823_095536.jpg 20210823_095548.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. GChris

GChris Member

I also get the two versions, but the larger one asks for money whilst the first is free (not purchased like if you look in the store outside of the game) - I assumed this was because these were DLCs originally purchased on TSW2020, so one version is the upgrade from TSW 2020 and the other is the "buy it for TSW2". Not sure that quite fits with what you're seeing though. I didn't check for content I bought in TSW2 as this all shows as needing money to buy when viewing from the store in-game - and doesn't show up at all in the store outside the game (on PS5 but looking at the PS4 version)

One other oddity I also noticed the different file sizes for the two versions of the same DLC, but found that if I scrolled around the screen to the description, etc the size could change to the other size! Perhaps indicative that two different DLC versions are occupying the same space and PSN can't tell them apart?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

BleenteamJ#6470 thanks for adding some screens to this. I couldn’t believe the posts saying the price was showing to pay.

GChris thank you for adding to this also

on V4 running on the 5, neither show a price. Plot thickens.

20. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

im sorry to say neither will work at the moment in my experience up to now, and under no circumstances pay for something again if you already have previously, the game is under going a "issue" according to some, my two bobs worth is play something else til the work experience lad/lass comes in monday morning and sorts it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Running V4 on the the 5
    Peninsula corridor and GWE testing.

Top add on of 2.73gb displayed is over 3gb in the queue. Installed and no errors and route loads.

Clean base install again
    Bottom add on 5.68gb displayed but similar size of 3.10gb in the queue as the first test as above.
    Result. Working!! No error and route loads.

another clean install
    Larger GWE download pulled down, I say larger as it’s displayed as this although as I just found out it’s the same. Game shows core version / DLC doesn’t match error.

smaller GWE download pulled. Same actual size
    Result..breaks the game, usual error and no route displayed.

so the add on option being present makes no difference.

Peninsula corridor works a charm
    GWE whatever version is on the store, is old hat and caused the error. Content pulled is likely the same incorrect version.

to clarify the question earlier of 5 users having issues running the 4, different file size location etc
    GWE sizes.
    PS4 2.473gb
    PS5 3.309gb

22. severino#7139

severino#7139 Member

at this point i'm not so sure about this. For sure it's not all DTG fault, there's also a Sony PSstore problem i assume. On a scale? maybe 60% DTG fault and 40% Sony? 70% to 30%? 40 to 60? i don't know but at this time it doesn't matter.

23. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a matter of proportions, but more likely a chain of events. Sony's infrastructure is likely the true cause of the issue, but DTG's lack of testing meant the issue ended up in our hands.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

i know 100% you need coffee or sleep ;)

see my post 6 minutes before yours just now
    4 and 5 of GWE are totally different sizes

25. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

last faffing of this from me tonight.

IOW which has no choice of download, no add on drop down as such.

appears in the dreaded list on the loading error message.

think DTG just need to test each route at a time, clean install each time and work out what’s good on the store when downloaded.

Push to Sony good packages when tested and let us know when all is live and good.

Let us know the plan perhaps and what they found and we can all sit tight and wait for this type of deployment to happen or something similar.

yay everyone happy. And those that have walked away can come back happy.

dear DTG JD i hope this feedback even the tiniest bit helpful :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  26. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Appreciate all the hard work here, folks. I've passed this on to the team to take a look at. If nothing else, it gives us more live information, and that's what we need!

• Like Like x 4
  27. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

This is what happens with SEHS which I have previously purchased!

When downloading to consol something goes wrong, when I find SEHS on the PS store on my PS4 it shows as purchase only & no free option.

Screenshot_20210823_094831_com.scee.psxandroid.jpg

28. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I have the same issue, you have to do it via de PS itself.

29. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

US region - I see 3 versions of Train Sim World 2 on my PS App. 2 of the versions (Deluxe and Collectors) only show preserved collection for PS4 while standard edition has all of the PS5/PS4 DLC including Train Sim World 2 DLC. I don't know why the different versions are showing different DLC sets. Hope it helps figure it out, best of luck. The good news is that I'm not currently experiencing any errors or missing DLC.

30. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

I can't check right now as away from home but I did try this on Saturday & the only option was to pay full price for it.