Not Happy With Dtgs Attitude Tell Them Here.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PHJ-MGF, Aug 22, 2021.

1. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

No, I don't expect it, because they have only just changed the law to force them to do this, and they have many ways out of it because it is only certain circumstances that count.

Would it be nice, yes.

But you missed my point, that if they stress tested this patch on a sample of real world players distributed by Sony through random automatic updates, I bet you would feel hard done by.

The TSW2 player base appears to be the hardest to please on earth, everybody wants conflicting things and has their own idea of what the sim should/should not do.

I don't envy DTG for the task of always upsetting a certain part of the community.

This update issue? We don't even know fully if it is their fault or Sony's. Maybe even they don't know yet? But one thing is for sure despite out disagreement, this update is an absolute shambles by somebody.

2. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

I don't want a discount for two weeks less play time, I want a real explanation and some compensation for not having access to more that 2/3rds of my content for nearly 4 days, Let's say you have an agreement to lease a car and they take it from you for 4 days are you not going to complain about that? Just because it is software, that makes it no different. If your internet was off for 4 days I'm sure you'd be complaining then, so that's just a service like this, so why do you think there is a difference?

• Like Like x 3
  3. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

OK, then let's wait until they explain. Then we can move on to the compensation part, which will never be guaranteed, but is at least possible.

4. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Yeah, true, but this was a massive screw up. Its not lack of access tbh, its the lack of communication from DTG. If they keep us in the loop with regards to progression of the patch. Not just we are investigating. Give more info (Where possible of course) Core update is fantastic though.

• Like Like x 2
  5. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

i think the annoyance/frustration is perfectly justified, as the defense of this is" it happens all the time in many games on many platforms", unfortunately there in lie's the problem, gamer's turning on each other whilst cooperate companies see customers as expendable(more mugs round the corner) nothing will ever improve for either party.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PHJ-MGF

The 1.43 patch seems to have stopped the crashing in the core stuff.

7. Railfan1985

Its a good start. Have give DTG for quickly fixing the crashing. Btw i wasn't having a pop at you earlier.

8. PHJ-MGF

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's a forum, that's what it's here for.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PHJ-MGF

You basically have no idea how much processing power is used running a music studio do you? It far out ways any sim. you should not need an i7 or i9 processor to run this, especially with the amount of GPU they expect you to have too. There is some seriously bad programming involved to need this, to actually to run this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PHJ-MGF

It's a sim. that means simulation, do you need directions to a dictionary?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The bold text was there from the beginning... Would you have preferred italics?

And thanks for the compliment.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

We know they know we aren’t happy, so there’s no reason to escalate when they are working to resolve it. Maybe I’d understand this thread if they were silent and didn’t talk to us at all.

I absolutely do share frustrations and disappointment. Best thing you can do is to not buy Rush Hour until all three routes are released and working as they should. Already did? Speak with you wallet next time and resist buying new add-ons until they’re 50% off.

• Like Like x 2
  13. PHJ-MGF

maybe the moral judgement comes from living in Keyham, Google it, we do tend to have issues with knobheads and guns, particularly under the present circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PHJ-MGF

I'd prefer you just wiped your brown nose. If I'm being blatantly honest.

• Like Like x 3
  15. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The irony of this post is laughable.

Literally never seen such appalling attitude.

• Like Like x 6
  16. PHJ-MGF

ooh Doomotrons mate with his no issues PS5 has decided he needs to comment on PS4 issues, welcome. :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. thatleedsguy#8590

Of course, because Call Of Duty is definitely comparable for some evil ***** gunning down strangers. You're actually pathetic, honestly. All this over a bloody game.

I'd continue, but there's clearly no point in doing so.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Railfan1985

Er, ok. We started with DTGs attitude and are now at guns and violence. What on earth?

• Like Like x 1
  19. PHJ-MGF

Then don't I didn't you to, If you don't believe that the increase in violence is due in part to the increase in game violence and street violence that children are allowed access to and see and experience around them these days, then you are hiding your head in the sand, I'm not saying it affects every player or even most, but it does seem to have an effect on some the more disillusioned children. This is a parental problem, these are meant to be 18+ games, but are regularly in the hands of 11 year olds and upwards. It needs sorting out.

20. PHJ-MGF

This is true, I just voiced my opinion on someone else's view about updating games and it went off on a tangent rather quickly lol

• Like Like x 1
  21. Railfan1985

Lol, we've all been there :)

• Like Like x 1
  22. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

After reading this whole thread, I can understand the op's frustration. Heck on xbox it wasn't smooth sailing. On my xbox series x I had to uninstall the game and reinstall the game because most of the routes I had weren't there. That happened with alot of Xbox one users as well. Luckily I was busy the day the update came out and got home a bit late so I reinstalled the game at night and everything worked fine for me even though there are some things that could use a fix such as the textures on some of the trains I drove. I also am not a fan of the new ui and hud. I was very annoyed to have to uninstall and reinstall the game tbh

The OP has spent his hard earned money on this game. We all did frankly and I don't think anybody expected this issue to happen after the update was delayed to make sure it went out "smoothly." We know how that turned out.

People have a right to be frustrated by this mess because this never should have happened. Xbox players shouldn't have had to uninstall and reinstall the game to have the game working properly and ps4 players be in this mess for a product that they paid for. But I do think calls for free dlc's and saying to call dtg's offices to voice their frustrations is a bit much. DTG isn't known for giving free dlc's so that idea is like punching a brick wall at this point. This is dtg's fault without question. The buck stops with them. It seems they clearly didn't test this update properly despite it being pushed back which again raises questions on their qa practices. Not to mention the various issues with Boston Sprinter and no I didn't buy the season ticket which btw seems like a good decision. But sending an adress so people can mail in frustrations is a bit overdramatic at this point imo. I understand your frustrations and that you want answers as to why a product that you paid for isn't working but i am sure someone at dtg have read these threads (considering how quick they are to lock them) and will probably address these issues in Tuesday's roadmap stream. I doubt they will respond now or tommorrow so your better off waiting until then. I do understand your frustrations PHJ-MGF but frankly I don't think this is gonna change things.

I've already made the decision not to buy the season ticket because of this debacle. I don't want brd because of the cut branch lines nor do I want Boston Sprinter because of the issues with that route and how this update released. DTG said they increased the price so quality will be good which now with the issues reported with Boston Sprinter seems like a complete lie and really was that they ran over budget and raised prices to make back money they they lost like how a government raises taxes to reduce it's deficit. I'm not even sure if I should buy the Brighton Mainline now. Why should I give my money to a company that keeps making rookie mistakes, says they learn and does something ridiculous again and again after doing something good. They have been using the same engine for 5 years so issues like these shouldn't be happening imo. It'll be interesting to hear what they have to say though.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  23. PHJ-MGF

I agree with a lot of your points, but do you think that it is acceptable that you should be the one having to go to the trouble of uninstalling your game and reinstalling it and all of its content for a mistake you didn't cause or instigate, an update that makes this all work again is the same as you uninstalling and reinstalling, so why didn't DTG just do that or at the very least say hey guys and girls we've got major issues with our update, use this link, it will reinstall your old version whilst we fix the new one, we are sorry for the inconvenience, seriously that is all it would have took to stop this absolute debacle. Whilst you say taking a stand won't change anything, neither will doing nothing and if DTG know we are just going to be the little dog with the big bark that never bit anyone, they will continue in the same vein, every so often you need to show your teeth and show you're serious where it hurts these companies. We all know that only happens when you stand back and refuse to purchase until they improve, but if people won't then you deserve to be trodden on and abused, you are basically asking for it. I don't understand how people find the lack of service of a game any different to the lack of service of their internet, phone or TV services, it would seem not, it's a service like any of the others and should hold the same consequences for a lack of service as the others do, especially as we live more of our lives with just the digital content we download, it should be paramount to make sure companies adhere to certain standards of service as they are held to account in other sectors.

• Like Like x 5
  24. tallboy7648

I agree. A company can take steps to prevent issues like these from happening before release but companies can get away with this because there are people that will buy their product regardless and at the end of the day money talks.

• Like Like x 1
  25. PHJ-MGF

So does a lack of income, it just takes a strong community to say enough is enough and hold out, even if it is only for a few weeks so that the companies get the idea that you're prepared to walk away if the service is garbage and they refuse to improve.

26. Railfan1985

It certainly isn't acceptable, especially when the company gives out the same response. DTG need to communicate much better. Its the lack of communication that bothers me tbh

• Like Like x 1
  27. PHJ-MGF

They did communicate in part, they hid it away in other posts though, they should have done it as a separate thread, when I tried to post what they said as a thread, they closed it with the quote "We don't need another thread about this" I think that says it all about their attitude frankly.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Railfan1985

Oh, i totally agree, yet had they communicated clearly there wouldn't be so many threads about this monumental screw up lol

Talking of screw ups, i forgot to include the quote...

• Like Like x 3
  29. PHJ-MGF

Like I say, all they needed to do was say, hey people there's a major issue, use this link to go back to your old version whilst we sort it out, sorry for the inconvenience. That is all it needed. OK they would probably have taken some flak over the updated but at least everyone would know there was an issue and would be able to carry on as before.

• Like Like x 2
  30. tallboy7648

Frankly I don't think it's acceptable that I had to uninstall and reinstall the game. I never had to do that to any game I've owned. Frankly I would've preferred if the update was delayed to iron out issues. I would've been fine with that because I could just do other things in the meantime and play other games. I've been playing alot of F1 2021 recently before the update came out and trying to win the 2021 FIA Formula One World Drivers Championship with Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team along with winning Aston Martin the constructors championship, played Darksiders 3 and some Assessto Corsa Competizione and doing other personal things. I know that in life doing nothing will solve nothing but there are already complaints about this very issue and it seems that hasn't solved anything either. DTG didn't seem to have an explanation as to why many xbox players had to uninstall and reinstall their game to get the update working and they don't seem to have an answer to this issue with ps4. Had they had properly tested this update before releasing it and probably communicated better, there wouldn't be so many threads about this issue. Heck, maybe they don't know why this happened.

I already made the decision not to buy the season ticket and probably just get Brighton Mainline only because of this mess. Maybe some of yall who haven't bought the season ticket should consider doing that tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Railfan1985

Exactly! At least everyone would have been in the loop. All it takes is communication. We knew the core update wasn't going to go flawlessly. I just want GWR back haha!

• Like Like x 1
  32. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

And there you go proving my point.

33. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

They know we aren't happy. They don't care. Don't call and harass a secretary that has nothing to do with it.

• Like Like x 1
  34. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Oh. My. The op is incredibly serious

• Like Like x 1
  35. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

If you read the EULA, you will quickly find that you won't get far in the courts. DTG has the right to update the game automatically and remove access to content (Which includes DLC).
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  36. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It's a video game people have spent hundreds of pounds on, They've every right to be angry and/or frustrated

• Like Like x 2
  37. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Do you remember a time before the internet, that it was thought the cause of collective ignorance was lack of access to information?

Well, it wasnt that!

• Like Like x 3
  38. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I think we can all agree this hasn't gone how we've wanted it to, and we both appreciate all your frustrations, as well as your patience. We're aware this isn't what you would expect from a release like this, nor is it acceptable for an update to cause as much strife as it has, no matter how complex the roll-out is.

Your feedback over the weekend has been worded in the strongest terms inside DTG - you are not wasting your breath. We have had engineers at DTG and Sony Europe working for the past 3 days to find the exact problem in order to rectify it as quickly as possible. This has been helped by community members who have helped us work on various different scenarios to evaluate the source of the issue.

We are still working on resolving the issue with Sony - whom we've worked with throughout the set-up of the packages, and many of the team have been working through the weekend trying to source the root of the issue. There is no update beyond what we posted on Friday, but we're doing what we can to get a solution.

The lack of further information or progress is frustrating. Unfortunately, we now have to wait for technical teams to resolve the problems. If, in the meantime, we find workarounds to restore access even in a limited fashion we'll let you know. This will be shared on the main Dovetail website, as that is where more eyes will see it.

When we have more for you, we'll share it. This is our number one priority to sort.

We know this topic won't go away until we've found a solution. That's absolutely fine. However, please be considerate of other forum users and don't vent frustrations on them.

• Like Like x 19
  39. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

Respect for DTG with the way they treat all negative topcis. What I read here on the forum. Of course not everything is good, but some topics can go in the trash as far as I'm concerned. It is mood making.

• Like Like x 1
  40. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Are you any closer to working out what went wrong? Can you at least tell us that?

41. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We'll update when we know more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

So, No then. Can we at least expect any type of fix before the German route is due?

• Like Like x 1
  43. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'd like a PS5 about now...
    That said, they've only removed DLC from people's accounts once from what I know, it was the Hitachi SEC from many years ago.

44. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Whic
    Which entitles them to voice their opinion without repeatedly being told by you to wipe the brown off their nose if they don’t agree with your opinion (in my humble opinion).

• Like Like x 11
  45. severino#7139

severino#7139 Member

good point ;)

46. thatleedsguy#8590

Maybe if kids paid attention to the fact a videogame is 9 times out of 10, a wholly fictional experience and not something they should attempt to recreate in real life. Maybe if we spent more time educating and supporting those who are susceptible to criminal behaviours like violence. Maybe if we use our brains a bit.

Oh no. Sorry, those aren't the right answers. We need to tell parents not to buy their kids the latest first person shooter (!). That'll make everything OK (!).

And this is all to do with TSW...Why? I suppose because you'll claim that kids and their parents are so dumb, they'll just wander onto the railway line unless we ban the sale train simulators to those under the age of 99.

And on the actual topic of this thread, I'm glad to see DTG have sent a response and are working on it. No need to get angry anymore. Let's pack up our things and do something else.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

stop trying to get people to sue you said this lots on lots of threds its pathetic and if you dont like game dont play simples realy also stop buying stuff you dont like

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4