Considerations For Brakes (f40ph-3c)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Aug 20, 2021.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

To my knowledge, the brakes on American trains work like this:

You can selectively increase the braking force by gradually reducing the pressure in the system. However, you cannot gradually reduce the braking force, but only cause a full release. This is how valve systems in freight locomotives work.

In the case of the F40PH-3C (in the game), I am able to freely manipulate the pressure, both ways (e.g. from 90 PSI to 100 PSI). Is it prototypical?

2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

It is prototypical to be able to gradually reduce braking force in Passenger braking mode, yes.

Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

A bit strange, few time I noticed that when I reduce braking from suppression to say 25%, the brakes gradually release completely. This is not what I intended. I would like to use the independent brake to hold the train, but the cab car does not have an independent brake.

It may be the cab car works different from the engine, but that is even stranger .... Could this be a bug?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I noticed the same, but I have no idea. I agree, it seems very suspect.

Cheers

5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I havn't notice it acting strange, what I did notixe though that the hissing goes on forever when in minimal application or full service. Is that prototypical?

• Like Like x 2
  6. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

No it shouldn't. It's because they copied the sounds from the lapping brake on the San Fran San Jose F40 so if you put the brake handle at +80% the sound setup plays a looping brake application sound.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I just leave it in minimal application to hold the train. Not had issues with it rolling yet.

• Like Like x 2