This I Not The Fault Of Sony (guaranteed)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by woody, Aug 23, 2021.

1. woody

woody New Member

I will right now, 100% guarantee this Core Update fiasco is not the fault of Sony. Why? Well quite simply, if it was then why have old gen Xbox users suffered similar problems. All we need for concrete proof is for Dovetail to confirm the truth behind who’s fault this was. Unfortunately however, we could be waiting for some considerable time for that to materialise. Unless blame also is directed at Microsoft, then any deflection of blame won’t hold firm. It will be like them trying to push water up a hill,

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

It doesn’t really matter whose fault it is. It’s DTG’s responsibility when their game becomes defective for the customers, even if the fault points back to one of their partners. DTG implying the mistake isn’t theirs is just bad PR.

3. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Defo dtg issue

4. severino#7139

severino#7139 Member

ok and? then what?

5. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

Once you have firmly established blame, what is your next move?

6. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Obviously dtg should give us each a ps5, Xbox one x, and top of the market gaming pc plus a house in Cornwall

• Like Like x 5
  7. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Keep the player-base waiting days on end without solution in sight.

8. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I now believe it's DTG fault because of how long it's taking to sort this out. If it was Sony they would have fixed in at least 2 days. We are now on the 5th day and no news whatsoever. Am gonna run out of patience if this isn't sorted by Wednesday.

• Like Like x 3
  9. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Erm excuse me, that's a bit much. A two bed Semi detached in Dawlish will be fine thank you lol

• Like Like x 2
  10. severino#7139

severino#7139 Member

ok i'll take the PS5 and the super-extra-ultra-whatever-high end PC, you guys can take the rest. i'm a very humble person you know

• Like Like x 1
  11. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Firstly the core update seems to have been generally OK, it's just all the updated DLC. Secondly what are you backing up that guarantee with? I mean you can't be wrong if you're 100% sure but, you know, just in case you are it's worth stating what you're going to do then.

Implying that the "mistake" was theirs would be good PR?

I'm still quite happily playing on the old version without updating. To claim these free items I expect I'd have to update and "break" the game? Might be worth doing I suppose. ;)

12. severino#7139

severino#7139 Member

On Pc you would not have had any problem though, if someone offers me a new gaming PC i'll never going to refuse even if i'm quite a lot happy with my old PS4Pro ;) sometimes an extra back up comes in handy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

If it was a fault with Sony or PlayStation store why aren’t other games affected. It’s obvious it’s due to DTG.

I don’t want anything extra, just a working game and working dlc like I had before this update broke it. If they can’t fix it then I’m happy to have a ref for the game and all dlc I purchased.

14. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Because as far as I know there is no other game like TSW on the Sony store. Each DLC is like a separate programme and has to be updated and downloaded individually. Sony store doesn't normally work like that, it's usually just the core game that gets an update.

There might now be some that say "This or that game is the same regarding updates" and that'd be good because we could learn how they do it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Nielsen

DTG claiming responsibility would have been good PR indeed. First we were told it was just a minor issue Sony would resolve within 24 hours, implying it had nothing to do with DTG despite the fact there was a pending patch which did not meet the Rush Hour release date.

Here we are nearly a 100 hours later and it’s still not fixed. A simple [we are investigating the problem and apologise for the inconvenience] from the beginning would have been better because it promises no false time frame and it takes responsibility. It would have been honest and transparent, which is definitely better PR than breaking promises and distancing oneself from the blame.

• Like Like x 1
  16. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

But that's pretty well what they've been saying. It's just that some aren't listening (or choose not to).

• Like Like x 4
  17. Nielsen

Not from the beginning and they still haven’t apologized.

18. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Nat an JD have been apologising in nearly every post since Friday! Are you one who's choosing not to listen.

• Like Like x 4
  19. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m running Xbox and it’s running fine (sorry). I had to uninstall and re-install everything but that worked in Xbox. It seems this doesn’t on Playstation Also, PC users don’t seem to be having the same problems so it could well be a Sony problem.

The simple truth is we do not know where the problem lies so baseless speculation like this, stated as a fact without any firm evidence whatsoever, is pointless and helps no-one. Let DTG and Sony investigate this between them.

I know this is frustrating and I sincerely hope this problem is fixed soon.

20. Nielsen

I’ve read all their posts since all this started, and you’re wrong. They’ve only expressed gratitude for our patience.

21. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Example of reality : Thousands of people starving around the world. No house. No food. Dying. Wishing they had some sort of life.

DTG forums : My game is not working *cry cry cry*

Get some perspective please

• Like Like x 3
  22. Nielsen

That’s like saying businesses have no responsibilities toward their customers because the world is flawed. Please stop.

• Like Like x 1
  23. eire007

eire007 Active Member

I am saying stop the whinging. DTG already are aware and have said they are going to fix it. What more do you want??? Get a life. DTG staff are not perfect and certainly not you either.

• Like Like x 3
  24. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

• Like Like x 4
  25. Nielsen

Ok, that’s a slightly better way of phrasing it. I respect those who are upset about it, although a few have reacted too harshly.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

because noone has had an update this big changing the engine of game and updating every peice of dlc that probably why

27. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

defintly the second one like normall