Nec Timetable Mode Is A Disaster

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Amtrak131, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Amtrak131

Amtrak131 Active Member

Besides what i told brandon, i let the simulation run for a couple of hours and around 18:45-19:30 it is literally impossible for ai trains to go anywhere in Boston and out of boston. This is one of those break glass in case of emergency situations. DTG Protagonist

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

finally someone else on this forum with the same exact issue. Gonna post some pictures here and even have a video of the mess occurring nearly 2-3 hours after starting timetable mode. I'll post my video + timestamps when it finishes processing on YouTube. DTG Protagonist

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

I'm sure that is happening because of the poorly represented signaling system in TSW2. I'm pretty certain that signals can only show red light when one section ahead is ocupied and nothing more. No rerouting, no prioritizing trains... So one problem with signaller is that if trains are scheduled to arrive to a certain platform. If that platform is occupied by another train, there is no way that the signaller will rerout the train that is waiting at the red signal to another non occupied platform.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pixelade

I truly hope that is NOT the case cause if that is it makes timetable mode virtually unplayable after a run or two... I've never had this issue occur with timetable mode on other routes though, it's just been this one.

5. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

On other routes it is not visible because every two trains are apart by half an hour minimum. When you add many trains than signaller gets in the way, ie its non existent, sadly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pixelade

I didn't even think of that oh wow. So this is going to be an issue with all the rush hour routes then since the volume of services is higher... kinda sad they didn't think of this before releasing the game. I'm on the stream now and the mod in chat said the issues haven't been addressed while another viewer said they are aware of the issue and are looking into it. idk what the truth is but only time will tell I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

8. I had the same situation as the first pic on this thread happen, except the queue of trains was coming from Back Bay station. I got on the first train on the queue and requested the signaller, but I got a message saying something like: "your train appears to be off path". How on earth does a train even go off path?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pixelade

how do you know? everybody keeps saying this but I haven't seen a post about this from them or heard about them talk about it on a stream. Do you have a link? Curious.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

It was discussed on tonight's road map stream, around the hour mark.

11. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

13. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Finding myself thinking back to 2018 and it makes me appreciate Matt addressed this issue on the stream and explained what the process for fixing it will be.

14. Pixelade

what was the issue back in 2018??

15. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

I provided the link in my post that you replied to.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Pixelade

Is anyone experiencing the AI issues near hyde park?? It always seems to happen here. I made a video documenting it as best as I could.

• Like Like x 1