In Cab Visual Deterioration (series X - Post Patch)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pinxtonpaws, Aug 19, 2021.

1. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Haha fair point :) I tried something like that several years ago but technology wasn't evolved enough back then and I got fed up using mouse and keyboard on my couch table. :D (maybe I was a bit too lazy to work out a proper solution as well but that's just rumours)

• Like Like x 2
  2. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

If this want not fixed on Xbox, I want leave TSW on this Console

3. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

texture glitch, fps drops, audio loop... Yeah xbox players have everything ! I won't waste more money in the game until it's fixed, and the developpers comunicate properly on the issues. I am really disappointed.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Yes. I still laugh when I see that.

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Good News!

On today's stream this problem was brought up by Sam and was briefly discussed, confirming the above message, they have prioritized the biggest problem of people not getting the content they own. Hopefully as those problems get resolved we'll see some investigations and some fixing for the textures and maybe the white flashes.

If someone at DTG reads this, thank you, while it might now seem much, knowing this issue is being acknowledged is great. This update has been pretty frustrating for me personally, but at least seems like things are staring to move in the right direction :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

It seems to me they talked about blurry faces of passengers, which is not the real issue. So I wonder if they really know what they're talking about or if this is a joke. I wouldn't be so optimistic... I might say good bye to tsw for a while. Thanksfully with flight simulator I have plenty to do in the coming months and it's really optimized and pretty on the Xbox, with no sound artefacts, etc.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  7. fl991r

fl991r Member

Matt seemed to be aware of the texture issues but when Sam brought up the blurry passengers, Matt said he wasn’t aware of that one. So I think there is reason to be optimistic that this is on their radar. That said, I’ve been going back and forth between this and Flight Simulator too - Really enjoying that game as well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

The expanding permutations (of how many things they had to contend with when creating the upgrade) part of the stream reminded me of the 'dumbing down' opening scene from the movie Idiocracy :)

But yeah, in all honesty putting TSW to bed 'til things have been resolved is a sensible idea. Ha, oddly enough I too have opted for Flight Sim (a purchase because my Gamepass has expired), mainly because it's got plenty of grindy achievements that should keep me entertained for quite a while - or at least until the Rush Hour expansion is complete..

In the meantime a final clip that I have decided to call 'How to magically teleport between two trains whilst eating a pack of cheesy Wotsits', so without further ado here goes >>> https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/video/142452421

• Like Like x 1
  9. AbstractArtist4081

AbstractArtist4081 Member

Yea it does the same thing the visuals are messed up when driving the train like you said Clinchfield does the blinking of the visuals.

10. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Matt need to talk with us here in the thread, and not a Community manager

11. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Yes it is terrible.
    Can't even read the TVM in the TGV anymore at higher speeds, thats how blurry it is. Its like trying to fly in a cockpit with blurry instruments/gauges:)

I know Ps4 players have more to complain about atm..

• Like Like x 2
  12. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I can only say that I won't play TSW 2 again until this texture issue is fixed. This is not some hyperbole on my part, I truly cannot enjoy driving a train if the textures get so blurry inside the cab. It's clearly an artifact of the engine upgrade, and not something that cannot be fixed. But until then the whole experience is just unenjoyable. I'm hoping for a quick fix and that we won't have to wait months or years until it's resolved.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Yeah why would a community manager talk to the community? It’s not like that’s their job

• Like Like x 1
  14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Because Matt is the Senior Producer to need to help to fixed the bug

• Like Like x 1
  15. sVig

sVig Member

Same problem here. Fired up the game after installing the Series X upgrade and started a run on the LGV. Texture LOD bugs out and goes lower/blurry/blocky in various parts of the cab. Some weird stuff going on outside the train as well.

Rolled my eyes and turned it off. Haven't tried any others.

• Like Like x 1
  16. cjm#5741

cjm#5741 Member

It has happened on all routes I have tried so I assume it is an issue with every route

• Like Like x 2
  17. dreampage

Yes, it certainly is a core issue. This is good news at least because the core team can fix it in one go and Adam's "preserved collection" team doesn't have to go over them one by one, which may take years.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Original Xbox one player here. Ever since the update, all train cab textures keep going blurry whenever I’m driving a service and the low frame rates on all routes apart from Boston Sprinter makes driving at speed feel slow. I swear I’m getting something like 30-40 FPS instead of the standard 50 FPS.

• Like Like x 1
  19. brownminiaday

brownminiaday New Member

It's across the board i think. I'm on series x and have blur in caband on the dials and dash board. Poor fps drops on Boston sprinter as well and they took away the hd or 4k slider. Having hd was a smoother experience around busy areas please bring it back dtg please

• Like Like x 1
  20. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The feedback, pictures and videos in this thread are really useful. The issue is being investigated.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

Good to know, lets just hope that its easily identified and easily and speedily fixed!

• Like Like x 2
  22. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Super low framerates on X1X as well. They need locking because the constant flucctuation between 15 and 40 makes things incredibly stuttery/choppy.

23. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

The TVM in the TGV is no longer readable. Also the rest of the cockpit is blurred and some detail textures are no longer recognizable.
    Train Sim World 2� 2021-08-22 16-38-08.jpg Train Sim World 2� 2021-08-22 16-31-40.jpg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

And if they're going to push out a fix for this, please let it be so that they also fix the audio clicking and popping at the same time. That issue's been outstanding since TSW2 came out.

• Like Like x 1
  25. madders#6708

madders#6708 New Member

Dear All,

Can't deny that I really enjoy TSW2, I like the differences in routes, countries, the differing operating systems and signal/safety systems.
    But I am also having the same issues as mentioned above, and I have raised a ticket via Customer Support.
    A TGV blurring, other blurring on some add ons, unable to finish certain scenarios, and a persistent issue of Speed limit markers "stuck" in MPH (which will not change from MPH, despite trying to change via the settings).
    My point being is that this should become a vendetta or personalised in any way - this is not and should not be a blame game.

Yes I too was disappointed in the fact that the stream and other was heavily tipped towards the Playstation 4, as they have had bigger issues.
    DTG Natster - Can I ask that perhaps in the next stream, that we humble Xbox One players are given some clarification and not just forgetten about??

I will admit to sending a strongly worded email about Project planning and scope. Because every project should have an SRO o Senior Responsible Owner, and that the scope of any project should be defined before you start - my feelings are that this project had a scope that was far too broad and not defined enough. And the SRO should have clamped down on that scope far sooner.
    Obviously there are other external factors and stakeholders who would also have a huge influence - of which we humble players would know nothing about.

Thats all from me folks!

• Like Like x 1
  26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I have stopped playing TSW 2 since the Graphics and Textures are completely broken on all trains and Routes.

• Like Like x 3
  27. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Not quite sure where you're coming from here because there's not even been a hint of a vendetta at all. No threatening of lawsuits, no parading of banners outside DTG's studios, no demanding freebies as compensation for our woes, no counting of the days from when everything went pear shaped and not even a public warning from the eyes in the sky...just a bunch of gamers despairing over a shared issue.

Sorry, but I think you're preaching in the wrong forum....

(ps) Did you know that there's a cat treat called 'Scrumbles Gnashers'? ... How awesome is that for a name.
    Oh and after playing Lawn Mowing Simulator I've learned that mow the grass is a gardening task and not a Jewish informer :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  28. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

I’m not quitting, but currently I’ve had enough.

Flashing white light, sound issues, and blurred in cab graphics.

To be fair, priority should be given to PlayStation players who still cannot access routes they have paid for, I fully support this.

But I won’t be playing the game until the small, yet very annoying Xbox problems are fixed.

Flight simulator and Diablo 2 resurrected will keep me busy.

If the problems are still around in November then Forza Horizon 5 will be my ‘quick resume’

• Like Like x 1
  29. dreampage

This is especially bad marketing for the game as TSW 2 has been included to Game Pass, and many new players try it out now. It could be a goldmine for DTG but instead these new players see a blurry, buggy game and think it's representative of TSW 2 in general. A bad first impression is almost impossible to redeem.

• Like Like x 3
  30. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

What I've learned from all of this is that as far as TSW2 goes my i7 10th gen laptop with 1660ti and 16GB absolutely wipes the floor with my Series X in every aspect of the game. In general since launch I'm massively disappointed with both my Series X and the sub standard games launched. I cant believe what people are paying for this console, just wait it until you see some games that use the raw power

31. madders#6708

madders#6708 New Member

"[/QUOTE] Sorry, but I think you're preaching in the wrong forum....

(ps) Did you know that there's a cat treat called 'Scrumbles Gnashers'? ... How awesome is that for a name.
    Oh and after playing Lawn Mowing Simulator I've learned that mow the grass is a gardening task and not a Jewish informer :cool:[/QUOTE]

This is an open forum, yes?! Just checking. ..
    You keep munching those cat treats..... sweet cheeks!

32. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

They should be fixing the white flash period.

• Like Like x 1
  33. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

It is, yes, but your comment was a little out of context that's all, sweet cheeks. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2021
  34. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

A high-end PC will always wipe the floor with consoles. The point however in owning a console is simplicity and perceived value for money. If it does what you need, why complicate life and break the bank with a PC? I have a pretty kick a$$ PC with TrackIR and an ultrawide monitor, but guess which I use most? My Series X.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Now that Ps4 is fixed, could we please get an update about this problem on Xbox?

• Like Like x 1
  36. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Well, the second Rush Hour route sounds like it's release is pretty imminent and with Sam going on record (in one of the streams) and stating that DTG have no intentions of releasing new content into a broken game we can only assume that the fix should be out pretty soon.

The other positive is that this issue affects every single XBox player so they can't do the usual 'stick it on the list of things to forget about' stunt.....on this occasion it simply cannot be overlooked.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  37. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

I hope so...

38. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I think we all hope so....

Some of the blurring isn't too bad so for the time being I'm ok just avoiding the unplayable routes until a progress update throws a little light on the situation. On the flip side though, It's a bit of a bummer that those who purchased Rush Hour (or even extra addons in the recent sale) now have the unenviable task of deciding whether to play it 'as is' & ruin the experience or resist all temptation and wait til things get fixed...and not forgetting the negative reception TSW will recieve from those playing it on Gamepass for the very first time, completely unaware of the fact that things aren't as they should be. There's already an overwhelming feeling that addons are ridiculously overpriced (which they are) and seeing the game in this condition isn't what you'd call the best foundation for changing people's minds.

An all round disaster really, isn't it?

But yeah, hopefully DTG will put this problem to bed and we can all live happily(ish) ever after. Yippee :)

• Like Like x 5
  39. dreampage

Guys, just in case, please post your pics and videos in this thread in the Technical Reports forum, if you haven't done so yet. The more we escalate this issue the more likely the developers will be aware of it and can start working on a fix in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  40. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Yes but we are not free testers. Matt already has an Xbox series x so dtg doesn't need a million pictures to understand this is a major issue...

• Like Like x 2
  41. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Well on the stream they said they are aware of it but are puzzled by it.

So don't expect a fix until all the Rush Hour routes are released at the earliest. So glad I did not buy the season ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  42. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I got mine refunded and I'm waiting for a fix to buy it again (I am not confident it will ever be fixed maybe when TSW will support DX12?), hopefully they will fix it in time, otherwise there is no way I'm buying any of the 3 RH routes separately

• Like Like x 2
  43. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I couldn't agree more. Some of those routes are genuinely unplayable and with Boston already displaying this issue then you can only assume future releases will be exactly the same. Personally I'd prefer an update rollback because visual improvements aren't massive on Series X and I can live with 30fps much more than I can live with the glitching.

...and just to remind Sam: "we have no intentions of releasing new content into a broken game".

• Like Like x 4
  44. fl991r

fl991r Member

I've only watched the first two or three minutes of the stream so maybe this gets resolved later, but I noticed that the graphical fidelity was pretty poor (low resolution, screen tearing, etc.) This leads me to believe that Matt was playing on his old laptop which he has mentioned before instead of his XBOX Series X. Further extrapolating from that, I can think of at least three possibilities:

1. They know it's a problem and it's a bad enough problem in their minds that they'd rather show their new DLC in low resolution with screen tearing than show it on series X with the graphical bug;

2. They know it's a problem but they don't think it's that bad but they also think low resolution screen tearing streams for new products are not that bad (in which case I'd be worried about this problem ever getting fixed); or

3. It's nothing to do with the above and just has to do with which builds they have available at the moment.

Am I crazy? Overthinking? Probably, yes. But what else do I have to do while sitting around waiting for this fix? :D

• Like Like x 2
  45. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

What annoys me the most is that they barely communicate about this issue, one sentence in a stream, one post in a thread. So we don't know if it's really taken seriously tbh. A company that cares about its customers would communicate properly, frankly and openly to explain what the situation is and what is gonna be done. If the only thing they can say is that they are "puzzled" about it, wow I must say I'm not very optimistic. But to be honnest, I feel like tsw became more a cash machine with the ultra tight deadlines and the ton of bugs of the ultimate addons...

• Like Like x 3
  46. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Overthinking? Definately:cool:
    In the meantime, as I said earlier, there are other routes which do have the flickering and brief distortion but are unaffected by permanent blurring so TSW is not entirely unplayable. That's not saying it makes everything ok (because it doesn't) but it does at least mean that the game still has some degree of use - albeit in less than ideal circumstances.

Fortunately I have a grindy 100 service (with no 'to depot' quickies to help me along) achievement to get from one of the less affected routes so I'll just focus my attention on that for the time being.

• Like Like x 2
  47. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Simple. Play the game we love with what you’ve already purchased, but put your money somewhere else till they fix the glitches. They’re not getting another cent out of me (helllloooooo Farming Sim 22) until they fix this latest graphical glitch. I’ll keep driving the routes I have cause I love the game, but no more of my money will they get.

• Like Like x 3
  48. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

That's a fair point.
    I think they have to take it seriously because the very last thing they should want is potential customers seeing blurry, glitchy visuals in a brand new £35 expansion.

• Like Like x 1
  49. fl991r

fl991r Member

Yeah, agree. I still do play what I've already got. I'm just delaying my purchase of the Season Ticket until they get around to fixing these bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  50. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Slightly off topic but by far the best news of this week is that our (very) poorly kitten, Rufus, is now firmly on the road to recovery. All these train woes kind of paled into insignificance.
    Feel free to send him a chicken Lik-e-Lix :cool:

• Like Like x 4