Tonight's Roadmap

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PHJ-MGF, Aug 24, 2021.

1. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Good explanation of the problems tonight, well presented, this would have solved so many complaints if it had been done Friday night or Saturday. Nice to see an open and honest response to what's happening.

• Like Like x 22
  2. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

In my opinion when it goes downhill DTG will fully put their hands up which goes along way for me in terms of respect. Honest and upfront, not many companies have these values.

• Like Like x 9
  3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Glad it helped your understanding. For context however, on Friday we were still exploring what the problem is. On Saturday, the "possibles" were being investigated. The actual cause was identified late on Saturday, we then followed up on Sunday. Yesterday solutions were suggested, today we've got the potential fix into testing.

It feels painfully slow when you're the one suffering the problem, but we're pursuing a resolution as quickly as possible.

• Like Like x 29
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  4. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

i agree(in response to the op). i was rather skeptical as to if they would show up and explain properly and was somewhat satisfied that a fix will be implemented as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

The explanations was brilliant. Really good job. From me to you, thank you for what everyone at DTG is doing.

Hearing the news as well that the potential fix is in final testing is super good news. A potential of it being all fixed and resolved is on the cards before Friday maybe tomorrow if we’re lucky.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Thanks for that PowerPoint as well that also helped really explain everything and help me understand what exactly happened. Am glad things are going the right direction and too know that we will still have everything we owned back.

• Like Like x 2
  7. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Listen, I love the game even on the lowly PS4 and we can see from all of the forum posts that we are all very passionate about trains and this sim, whichever platform you play on. However, I have just caught up with the stream from tonight and to be honest I am still worried. Yes Sam was very humble and owned the issue as he always does. Thank you Sam. I appreciate he advised that a fix/workaround was being investigated but even Matt was not exactly brimming over with confidence. It leaves me feeling how much further are we in from Friday just not enough information for my liking (but then I work in IT so maybe I crave too much detail) let’s just hope whatever they are looking at works.

• Like Like x 2
  8. PHJ-MGF

Wow the "lowly" PS4 how very condescending.

9. photonmonkey

I am a PS4 player, we are the bottom of the pile in all this so what is your point? Why is this condescending?

• Like Like x 5
  10. PHJ-MGF

I'm not sure describing it as lowly helps in any way, Yes I agree they are very P.C. based and orientated, I don't think xbox users are any different to PS players.

• Like Like x 1
  11. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Taking into consideration the power and specs of the console it is lowly, compared to say, the PS5, a PC or and Xbox Series X/S.

I'm and Xbox One user, I know that our version of TSW is lesser than Next Gen or a High-end PC.

It's not condescending unless you make it be, it's just a fact about how TSW is graphically lesser on last gen.

• Like Like x 3
  12. PHJ-MGF

Question, is it technically last gen when you can't even get hold of a PS5 for love nor money in most cases, surely it's last gen when the vast majority of people have changed over, until then it's simply elitist.

• Like Like x 3
  13. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

It's a point of view. It's Last Gen if you look from a next gen, or a technical POV, and Current Gen if you go off numbers or are at a Last Gen viewpoint.

• Like Like x 2
  14. photonmonkey

In what way does it not help, it’s a tongue in cheek admission that the PS4 is and has never been a powerhouse, but still IMHO runs the game well enough to be enjoyable.

I am sure other PS4 players are adult enough not to be offended by this statement?

I love my PS4 and do not intend on upgrading any time soon, you are missing the point of my post.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I thought the technical issues were very explained in the stream. The Powerpoint presentation was also a nice touch. DTG obviously couldn't have just come out the very next day with all of this info because they didn't have it yet.

I was as disappointed as the next after downloading Rush Hour. But the more I play what's here (granted, a lot is missing!), the more I realize this is probably going to end up being the version of TSW2 I've always wanted, or something close to it. Save states that don't end up bugged, a PS4 that doesn't sound like it's taking off from LAX, commuters that actually resemble real people. Sure you can say a lot of this should have been there from the get-go, but if TSW2 eventually delivers on being the ultimate train sim, I'm willing to wait.

• Like Like x 9
  16. photonmonkey

Fair point, I just always crave more detail. I am just like most, missing the meaty goodness of all my favourite routes and to be fair it’s kudos to DTG for making such an engrossing game. Yes we know about all the bugs but somehow they are surpassed (for me) by the sheer enjoyment factor of being able to drive or even take a ride on a BR Blue loco from when I was a child and kick back and enjoy the scenery……. DTG please fix the game soon :)

• Like Like x 5
  17. PHJ-MGF

I'm all for detail but surely there needs to be a point where game play over detail counts, especially if that detail is simply for aesthetics, I'm referring to the Great western DLC (London Paddington - Reading) the game draws hundreds of overhead cable stanchions etc and yet it doesn't contain a single electric train, all of this extra scenery that serves no purpose just slows down the game. not to mention the time wasted in development for things like engine room lights on the HST for a room you can't even get into, the only visual difference is the light through the side slats when you get out of the engine at a station, is that really necessary or needed? Working hot plates for cooking food and working cabin fans that simply do nothing, when they could make the torch work (why is it brighter in a lighter environment and not as good in the dark, it's a torch they illuminate.), maybe instead of having lights that illuminate destination boards, they could also have settings for those boards, what use is an illuminated destination board that you can't set a destination on? Why is doing the speed limit classed as being over the speed limit? Why are you deducted half of your points for doing the speed limit, yet you receive no loss of points for driving with the brakes on, driving with no lights, failing to buzz the guard before you leave a station, plus many others, the game is good, don't get me wrong, but it also has a multitude of things that really need sorting out in it too. Detail over actual playability and using time to make things like hotplate controls functional whilst ignoring all the other things that could be improved surely is not the way forwards.

• Like Like x 2
  18. PHJ-MGF

It was kinda funny how you couldn't just take the compliment on how well you had done, but felt the need to have a come back and be pedantic and poke holes in it, which is odd considering your usual stance , where you complain and call others out for doing the exact same thing you've just done in this forum. Well even when we try and say well done it appears you want to lord it over us in a forum for a game you apparently don't actually sell us. So who knows why you do it? Even when we try and help or post positive reviews of your sim, you want to find fault, why do we bother?

19. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

Wow, there are some seriously thin-skinned people in this thread!

Actually, this game has me seriously thinking of getting a PS5 to see how different (and better) the game will be.

• Like Like x 3
  20. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

Since that person joined less than a month ago my feeling is they have a problem maintaining an identity in the community that isn't hated by most of the community. Toxicity towards others, rudeness, and swearing don't impress me and just create more work for the community team in defusing situations, removing posts, and maintaining civility among community members. People like that come and go quickly because they are banned or can't deal with living in a community where others opinions don't always align with theirs.

• Like Like x 8
  21. PHJ-MGF

??? what?

22. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Comeback and pedantic! Poking holes! Sorry but what?

What exactly are you seeing in Sam's perfectly reasonable and polite reply that I and judging by the "likes" many others are not?

You started out with a upbeat opening post but then seem to get triggered over the slightest thing and sent the tone downhill again.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  23. Bullets_On_Parade

Bullets_On_Parade Member

What were the problems discussed on the stream? I'm kind of surprised there's nothing in the news section which we've been told to keep an eye on. Also no announcement on this forum that I can see. Am I missing something? Do I have to go watch a stream to get info now?

24. PHJ-MGF

Watch the first 15-20 minutes they explain all the PS4 issues and how they hope to have it solved in the next few days at most.

25. PHJ-MGF

well mainly the need to say, we didn't know on Friday or Saturday, but hey it didn't stop them actually being able to come out and say something did it on Friday or Saturday, but hey ho they opted not to, but if you want to big them up for their poor communication before the roadmap this evening, that's your choice, but we are entitled to ours too, if you don't like it, I'm sorry, maybe start your own thread with something to say, then maybe you'll be the one trying to put up with people like you, who feel the need to rail against your opinion just for the need to voice an opinion, who knows.

I can tell you that the over zealous TSW forum watchers will probably now delete this comment as I made reference to how you felt about it and it seems that's a big no, no.
    (In my best Jack Nicholson voice, axe in hand lol) Here's Natalie..... :(:mad: :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  26. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

OK!

Not any reasonable debating going on here. Moving on...

• Like Like x 9
  27. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Les goooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like Like x 1
  28. PHJ-MGF

Bye, have fun. I wasn't asking for a debate, it's a forum for comments. :)

• Like Like x 1
  29. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

What is your problem? All i see is negative posts from you. You have taken this out of context. DTG Protagonist was just trying to explain how prgress has been made over the past few days. I see that as a massive plus. You clearly don't. I see it it as much better communication, you don't. The livestream didnt only explain the problems, they also addressed others. I am more than happy with the livestream. Chill out and be patient.

• Like Like x 6
  30. Railfan1985

Thanks for explaining, it really is appreciated. Livestream answered alot of questions (and more lol) This kind of communication needs to be relayed more often when these things happen. I know there is a thread for this, but it isn't updated enough. Those are my thoughts anyway :)

• Like Like x 1
  31. dana satya

dana satya New Member

Thankyou dovetail for the PS4 problem explanation and the guarantee that the Purchased DLC wont be missing.
    Hopefully the problem is solved before weekend

• Like Like x 5
  32. PHJ-MGF

I was more than happy with the livestream and its explanations too, why they felt the need to harp back to things they didn't explain over the weekend, it would have been better if they had said something sooner, is really just seemed like a ploy to try and cover their own arses again and a step backwards after what they had achieved tonight, there was no need for it.

I have a right to be negative about it I run it on a PS4, at present, I have 6 out of around 17 or so routes which I own, available to me, some of which I bought 2 days before this fiasco. So I had access for around 40 hours before it was blocked and still is nearly a week later. I think that entitles me to be a tad upset about the £50+ I spent on that and have barely had access too. Lucky you for seeing no actual progress in terms of what I have available to me as a massive plus, I however don't see that as a plus, I know they've made strides to sort it out, I watched the whole of the Roadmap live, what I don't need is people thinking they have the right to force their opinions on how people should feel, upon others. So with the greatest of respect, I like everyone else here am entitled to my opinion. So if you don't like it, just walk away.

33. Railfan1985

I've spent hundreds of pounds on content, and am happy with the response DTG have given. You need to chill out. How is anyone forcing opinions on you btw? You are just so negative all the time. Calm down and be patient.

• Like Like x 3
  34. Bullets_On_Parade

Bullets_On_Parade Member

That's my point though. We still have to go searching for stuff. It's a lucky dip with DTG where the info you want is going to be presented. One day it's a pinned post on the playstation thread, next it's in the announcement thread, the next it's a live stream, the next is the news tab on their website, the next it's a random comment on a thread in the PS forum. Which is it going to be tomorrow? The live stream has been out about 4 hrs so maybe the news post is still coming, i guess? There needs to be a split ps4/ps5 forum, too. It's all confusing and a battle to find out the relevant info sometimes, is all.

When this PS4 issue first came up, there wasn't a post that explained in any detail what the symptoms to the problem even was. I'm paraphrasing here but it was just called "the problem". How did I know it was "my problem" when DTG games didn't explain what the symptoms even were for the first 24 hrs or more? So you go looking around for more info and there wasn't any. You waste time doing potential fixes, re-downloading and all that.

Here's what I would have done. When you communicate to your community use the STAR principle. This acronym is used in the military. Situation, Task, Actions, Results. Situation: Tell us the symptoms and any relevant background info, who does it affect? Task: This is where you can tell the community how they can confirm that the problem relates to them and will define the scope of the fix. Actions: What is DTG doing to investigate and fix, are there any workarounds, etc. Results: Estimated time-frame or failing that chart the workflows that need to happen to implement the fix. Show this process in a consistent place. Rinse/Repeat when new info comes up.

• Like Like x 1
  35. PHJ-MGF

Well you're still telling me to chill out to start with, what gives you the right to decide how I should feel about it? Read what I said, £50+ less than two days before it got locked. Seriously, just go away. What gives you the right to tell people to calm down and decide how they feel about an issue affecting them? How pretentious of you.

36. PHJ-MGF

I'm not arguing in any part with what you had to say, I'm just saying the info on what the latest is, is in the first 15-20 minutes of tonight's Roadmap.

37. Railfan1985

Why are you being so aggressive?

• Like Like x 1
  38. PHJ-MGF

By aggressive, do you mean not saying you're right? I think what you'll find is I'm assertive and I don't suffer fools trying to shove their attitudes and opinions on me. If it's not what you want, then kindly don't comment on my threads, it really is that simple, walk away.

39. Railfan1985

You justt proved my point.

• Like Like x 1
  40. PHJ-MGF

good luck with trying to find one, most are being bought up buy people looking to sell them on on ebay for profit, don't get one off there you'll have no warranty or comeback should it die and let's be fair here, it wouldn't be the first console that early release ones committed suicide rather than run the software, red circle of death ring any bells?

41. PHJ-MGF

that's not how I'd spell it. :D:D:D

42. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Last gen this gen I’m quite pleased they committed to still supporting the PS4 for the foreseeable.

Well done on the stream DTG very informative. I think maybe we should let up on giving them a hard time now. What happened happened and by the sounds of it and reading be the lines we should all be up and running and back on track. ( See what I did there? ;) )

• Like Like x 3
  43. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

I'd like to say thanks to DTG for this stream. It really cleared things up as far as what happened and how it's going to be processed and dealt with. I think they deserve props for accepting responsibility and making it their number one priority. I know some may have to wait longer for their bug fixes and errors, but the PS4 situation really is the most important and does deserve the number one priority (yes, I know I'm a PS4 player, but I promise there is no bias here).

I'm glad to hear they're in contact with Sony, too. Hopefully there'll be a solution soon, but I'm happy to wait longer.

Also, on behalf of everyone who's for some reason still screaming at DTG, I'm sorry for that behaviour. That's uncalled for.

Thanks DTG. Best of luck with the patch.

• Like Like x 5
  44. PHJ-MGF

The Roadmap Q&A was very good and explained what we'd wanted to hear from the beginning, a little earlier response even without all the facts may have calmed the situation over the early part of the weekend. I agree that if this was an Xbox or PC issue, I'd still be expecting them to fully sort out this issue before others, people deserve access to the DLC that they have already purchased. As they said they are testing what they believe will be the solution and are fully expecting it to be fully operational before the next Roadmap on Thursday evening, so that's great news, no uninstalling or reinstalling etc required either as we are lead to believe. I think people are still entitled to voice their opinions and be upset about how this all occurred, after all it has been a total debacle, it's something that all aspects of need to be taken on board so nothing like this occurs with future updates.

• Like Like x 1
  45. thatleedsguy#8590

Naturally, people have the right to an opinion. But it can easily go too far. I don't think players feel any less...disappointed is the word I'd use as a catch-all, but I think this stream has reassured many.

• Like Like x 3
  46. septafan

septafan Active Member

Ok EK Gamer

47. Railfan1985

If anything the livestream has given me more understanding of what's going on. I don't understand why people constantly moan. Just be patient!

• Like Like x 5
  48. thatleedsguy#8590

I was surprised at the effect behind the issue. Breaking the database is a lot more serious than what I thought had happened.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Railfan1985

Yeah, i never expected it to to be so serious. Gonna take some fixing thats for sure. Core update is working beautifuly though, so I'm taking a positive with a negative.

• Like Like x 5
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Read what you wrote and imagine it’s someone else saying it to you. Once you post a thread on a forum it becomes everybody’s thread. It’s kind of what the word ‘forum’ means, and also ‘thread’ indicates it’s not just for one person. Try not to be the fool shoving your attitudes and opinions on everyone, like what you are accusing others of. That’s what everyone is seeing. You’ve treated nearly every reply to any threads you have posted in like it’s part of an argument and not a discussion, even to the point of arguing with people who clearly agree with you. You have also berated the very people who hold the keys to your privilege to post here, even when they were being helpful. You are being very aggressive, that is a fact.

• Like Like x 14