Roadmap Update - 24th August 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Aug 24, 2021.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why would they answer questions about something they haven't yet properly announced?
    Doesn't make much sense

They need to stick to what they have out (and needs fixing) or what they're releasing next otherwise they'll just dig themselves the same hole they usually do, over promising and then not delivering

BRI will be in a few weeks so hopefully whatever questions you have will be answered when they're actually talking about that route

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Dresden stream is tomorrow

3. ARuscoe

Subject to PS4 issues being fixed

4. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I agree with your points. This has been a frequently requested by several members including myself and if more people are requesting this then DTG might be interested. If DTG were able to have the time to rework the timetables and have drive able services that includes the branch which connects BML with the ECW this would make the BML a lot more appealing to me.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

How many trains a day go from the BML onto ECW? (other than depot moves)

6. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

It’s 2 trains per hour to Eastbourne via Lewes (to and from platforms 1&2). There are also Seaford services during the peak hours, a couple of which you can drive in timetabled mode only as far as Lewes on the London platforms. It also serves as a diversionary route if the BML is closed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

Do those go from the BML or start at Brighton?

8. Coastway trainspotter

They go onto the ecw from wivelsfield , to Lewes

9. ARuscoe

That loop isn't included in either route...
    I would prefer it was but then they'd have to sort out their scheduler to work more like real life.

10. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Because they are being released one after the other within a week of each other

11. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Wasnt sure as before I was told it was for the steam store

12. ARuscoe

Depends on your definition of "Summer"
    The new definition is that "Summer" is June, July and August (so ends on August 31st)
    The old definition is that "Summer" ends on September 22nd
    "British Summer Time" (as in the period when the UK moves an hour forward in daylight savings time) doesn't end til late October (31st this year)

So DTG either have 6, 28 or 67 days remaining depending on their definition of summer (I'm betting it'll be before the end of September though, with Dresden two weeks tomorrow, and Brighton three weeks after that)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Coastway trainspotter

I know that that branch isn’t included , but I was talking about real life

14. ARuscoe

OK, I will clarify the question
    How many services in a day go from the BML via Brighton and onto the ECW. Ie where the merge would be in game
    Having looked it's very very few so don't see where the value in undertaking the work comes from

• Like Like x 1
  15. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I noticed when playing around with Unreal the EGS version of TSW2 dropped an update (I got the free one to compare it to Steam, but use Steam as that's where my DLC is) No update on Steam. Is this to fix the crash on exit?

16. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen. They'll take longer and they still won't be anywhere close to perfect. Just like what happened with SEHS. I'd rather have it sooner and bugged than later and bugged. The last three British routes have all had major flaws. Why would London-Brighton be any different? We already know that the Victoria to Eastbourne services won't be in there as they haven't included the East Coastway. Hope I'm proven wrong through.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for a PS4 fix before the weekend. Sooner would be better of course, but much longer and my appreciation for TSW will probably take some long-term damage.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I agree, there's a bit of arrogance about the responses to the criticisms of the new UI. It's controversial, some people seem to like it. But from a reading of the forum, it seems that many of us find it clunky and less useful than the previous iteration. Telling us, pretty much, to like it or lump it, is not a good response to a genuine concern on the part of veteran players.

• Like Like x 11
  19. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

Yea i do Second this ! I didn;t see anything about it expect the add on route for the Boston Sprinter Rush hour . It would be good for DTG to give a update on what are they planning to do with all the bugs that a few people notice such as for example

1) Stuck trains at red lights in yards and Rails that is coming into the main line!

2) Timetable bugs out and don't spawn any trains after about 2 to 3 hours

3) Add more Traffic on the main route! maybe if they fix the Trains stuck at the red light that would fix that issue on the main line! since only the South B station is only busy between Yard and Station that I notice

and some other bugs that other members have mention but would add it to this topic to keep DTG informed!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

For god's sake, let's not talk about new things to add which will be full of bugs themselves. Let's concentrate on the things that are already there and needs to be corrected.

• Like Like x 4
  21. ARuscoe

They did. in last night's roadmap stream

• Like Like x 1
  22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Um, Providence and NYC are over 150 miles apart

23. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Not likely unless they can get the PS4 problem resolved.

• Like Like x 2
  24. solicitr

Not sure what one has to do with the other. Neither Sam nor Matt (nor Nat nor JD) have anything to do with replacing the bad file-pointers in the updater app.

25. ARuscoe

They said on the roadmap stream last night that unless the "game breaking issues" are resolved they won't be showing off new content, so tomorrow's stream would be a Q&A about the issues rather than a preview of Dresden

• Like Like x 4
  26. Michael Newbury

Sam said on yesterdays stream that there would a possibility they would do another Q&A stream in it's place. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens tomorrow. Fingers crossed I would like to see the preview stream as well, but they need to get the PS4 issue fixed first.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Showing off more paid content sends the wrong message when the game isn’t even working on one or more platforms, which is why they won’t tomorrow if it’s still not fixed by then.

• Like Like x 4
  28. Michael Newbury

I agree 100% until PS4 users issues are resolved the preview stream needs to be put on hold. It really isn't fair to show off new content when there is a major issue that needs to fixed first.

• Like Like x 4
  29. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

But having a QA-stream on the same issues with the old questions and no new answers over and over again seems to be pointless. Should be better to cancel the stream on thursday totally.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Coastway trainspotter

The stream will only go ahead if the PS4 issues are fixed

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

maybe a question answer at the end of the live

32. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

2022 year?

• Like Like x 1
  33. Michael Newbury

I disagree having another Q&A stream will be helpful especially for those on PS4 for whom have taken the biggest hit from the update. It's important for DTG to provide up to date info on the situation, and allow PS4 users to have peace of mind that there issue is been taken seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Michael Newbury

It will not take that long for them to resolve the PS4 issue.

35. Michael Newbury

I think it would be better just to have a stream dedicated to the situation at and and hold off the Preview stream to next week. Waiting until next Thursday is not going to hurt us any.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Crosstie

I was expecting the Dresden route to launch September 2nd. If there is no preview stream this Thursday, that would likely delay the release by a week to the 9th and the BML until the 23rd, by my estimate. Barely "this Summer". I have every sympathy for the PS4 players, who are actually the biggest segment of the player base, so I certainly hope that their issues are resolved post haste. It's a "sticky wicket" for everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  37. solicitr

I would say the only meaningful hit. PC, XBox and PS5 have only had minor annoyances at most.

38. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

The stream being delayed or cancelled has nothing to do with progress on the route so there is no reason why the stream not happening tomorrow would cause a delay to the route.

• Like Like x 1
  39. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Your comments are not helpful and quite frankly annoying

• Like Like x 1
  40. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

Just to say I rather feel for Matt (and the whole team). His face on yesterday's stream was a picture (specifically, a picture of a very tired and fed-up man who hasn't had a weekend off in quite a while, but Matt being Matt, he just looked fractionally less serene than usual).

Yes, things like this happen when you're rolling out major changes to lots of platforms and it all needs to be carefully co-ordinated, and you're at the mercy of someone else's app store. No, it's not acceptable, yes, people are annoyed about not being able to play, and yes, it will be fixed as soon as humanly possible. It's all cool.

Kudos to Sam and Matt for rocking up on stream to respond to all this openly, honestly, and transparently, when I'm sure they would rather have been just about anywhere else. Good job, well done.

• Like Like x 13
  41. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

I think they mean nec new york

42. Coastway trainspotter

The player base is actually made up of roughly the same per platform

43. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I tend to look at the streams in the follow manner

Nat and Adam - decent road map update streams.
    JD =a sales man in the making trying to get the new stuff out.
    Sam and Matt - The big guns having to pick up the pieces.

I actually really look forward to watching Matt and Sams streams, they're a brilliant duo but I do feel sorry that the last few months they've been the fall guys having to pick up the pieces and deal with some pretty hard going streams.

I genuinely hope we get to see some smooth high quality launches again. I still think the accountants are to blame for things being cut and putting them in some crap positions.

• Like Like x 5
  44. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

The reason given for the postponement of Dresden route is the PS4 issues... I don't understand the connection, the only plausable explanations are they really WANT the stream to be on PS4 and not any of the 6 other platforms, Matt and JD are directly working on the fix, or the route is not ready to be shown.

And the cynic in me would add a fourth possible explanation, trying to milk the discounted season ticket sales with no additional info on the two upcoming routes, a "pig in a poke" type of situation using fear of missing out.

• Like Like x 3
  45. Crosstie

That's actually very hard to do. But he did it, even down to the number of syllables.
    I'm assuming he meant to write a haiku. :)
    Well, Conrad?

46. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

the minorty of people want to ruin fun for the majorty by complaing i payed for risa dresden but i dont se it because ps4 people have tantrum

• Like Like x 2
  47. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It's because the PS4 is still having issues, Not because PS4 owners are having tantrums.

• Like Like x 2
  48. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

Yea I get it thats why I mention maybe if they fix the red light issue it would fix that.. because the trains can't get on the main track due to the red light being stuck i feel and agree with u on fixing everything first before adding more new content to the route

Got yea I didn't see that I just seen the roadmap list and didn't see anything.. il check it out ..

Just to put it put there.. I Know DTG is doing the best job they can to make this the most imersive train sim and know creating these type of system. It takes time to fix and test.. so again I'm very happy with the product and just have a few things to be fixed to make it work as advertise. :)

49. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

BTW anyone got the link to Matt steam on the roadmap yesterday?

50. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

The explanation DTG have given is good enough. You do not need to invent your own.

• Like Like x 5