Bus Simulator 21

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paulo_1997, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Hey folks,

on 7th September, the newest title of the franchise will come to consoles and pc.

I'm very excited, since the trailers of the environment and the driveable buses promise a great experience.
    I can highly recommend to read through their webpage!

https://www.bussimulator.com/en/index.php

One thing, which is new and to what I'm looking forward the most, is the ability to drive your favourite buses as long as you want, making it possible to drive a whole shift as a bus driver! :D

This is not an advertisement, but more a recommendation btw :D

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing some more about this game, however Bus Simulator left me with a salty taste in my mouth.

Great to see bigger industry names such Alexander Dennis, but this BS21 is based in the US is it not? So where are all the US busses?

The Bus Simulator franchise as a whole is very, very arcade like, I just hope the next title has more going on with it.

3. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

I loved the first Playstation version, it's fair to say that the 2021 version will be coming to the channel as well

4. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I would most probably invest in this game if we could drive around a London map.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I too can't wait. Have Bus Simulator on the PS4.
    Well atleast Washington state (Seattle, I think) had Dennis buses. I believe Vancouver does too.
    Now they do have licences for the parent companies of such as NovaBus, New Flyer and MCI, some companies who has multiple things to licence will licence one and not the other.
    I'm hoping this wont be the case.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I was quite hyped about BS18 and all the stuff they promised, but what happened in the end was super disappointing. I am excited to see the first footage of the game, but will stay way clear of this one, I trust The Bus will deliver better in the long run :)

7. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

the bus is very good game

8. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

The first one was fairly entertaining for a while, but I'm not sure there's enough here to justify another purchase.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I agree with Factor41 in that I did enjoy the first one, then there were loads of tech issues where I lost all my progress on PS4. After then restarting I played through to get the Platinum trophy but after that there was no playability for me. I said then I probably wouldn't buy the next one and haven't changed that opinion. I'm sure its lots of peoples cup of tea though

• Like Like x 3
  10. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

I've been looking forward to this for a long time and will be a day one purchase for me. BS18 was a really good game and BS21 is promising to be a major improvement. I'm most looking forward to the edition of the Alexander Dennis enviro 400 and the electric buses and the ability to drive a whole shift as a bus driver.

11. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Honestly I’d of loved to see the 400 & 200, not the big ugly XL version they’ve done (unless I just haven’t seen the standard 400?).

Whole shifts will definitely make a big difference for immersion but for me bus sim misses the mark big time on being even close to a ‘sim’

12. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

I’ve only seen the XL version myself definitely gutted we don’t have an enviro 200 but there’s always the future I suppose?

bus sim has always felt more like a “game” than a sim but in saying that it is still realistic in certain respects. With the new features that BS21 is promising to bring i guess we will find out if it becomes more of a sim then or not, only time will tell but it’s still one of the best out there.

13. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Are the environments you drive around in fictional?

14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah they’re just influenced by real cities, so the main map for BS21 will be a US city influenced by San Francisco.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

After playing alot of Bus Simulator 16 & 18 I was looking forward to 21 but I think I may hold off buying it for the time being.

Reviews on Steam seem quite mixed as it appears to have been released with alot of bugs. It may be a good purchase after a price drop and a few patches

16. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The price is pretty hefty for what it is too.

17. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I maybe wouldn't have had too much issue with it's price had it released in a polished state. AAA games certainly retail for $25+ more here in Aus. The gameplay has been fleshed out more than it was in 18 from what I've seen in preview streams...but I cannot justify it's price at the moment with the amount of issues it seems to have.

18. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

i have no good game

19. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying it so far, took me a while to get into though and understanding the really weird menu and functions. Some people thought the TSW 2 UI menu was bad.... You should see bus simulator 21! For example when editing a route you can edit the route name and number. Took me 5 minutes to realise there's buttons on the bottom of the screen with small scrolling text "edit route name". I am surprised about the steam reviews. Not sure if some are just hating it for whatever reason. There are issues with some steering wheels but a quick hotfix overnight should have fixed that now. I use a Logitech G29 wheel, only issue I have is assigning a small number of buttons and not being able to adjust FFB (which on screen says its set at 10,000%)

20. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I got to get used to the new functions of some buttons :D

At the very beginning, I was standing at a station, pressed a button of which I thought I knew it's purpose. When I wanted to depart the Bus wouldn't move a wheel. Turns out, I had activated a break and didn't noticed.
    Anyways, after a few runs, I got used to the controls and then it was fun.

21. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

I'm one of those negative reviews, and I am definitely not hating it for no reason. In the 100 minutes I played it before refunding it, I encountered numerous bugs such as the traffic's AI dying in intersections, when there is a clear path to where it's trying to go; people walking through each other and more. Another part of it is that having played Bus Sim 18, parts of it felt like a big step back from what we had before (bus customisation being a big one). I also felt parts of it was overcomplicated for no reason (and I'm not referring to systems like the demand system, as I actually liked the idea of that and how it makes you need to think about where your bus route is going to go ect.), but more the ways some stuff is handled like driving busses on routes and a few other stuff. I also found the UI to be a big downgrade too, even more so than TSW 2's newest UI which I have been quite critical of already. In the end, it was a mix of areas of the game either being a step back from BS18, or being quite buggy. And to put things into perspective, I also recently got The Bus, which is in early access, and yet that had a lot less bugs in my almost 9 hours of gameplay than I experienced in just 100 minutes of playing Bus Sim 21.

• Like Like x 3
  22. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I have been quite looking forward for the game to release its another type of simulation like trains that has not always been present on consoles especially pre 2016, but with it being £44.99 and contains a lot of bugs and no X/S optimisation I think I’m going to hold off until a sale and/or give time for patches to go through

• Like Like x 1
  23. Ant Craft

Yeah, that's probably for the best given the state the game is in. I may pick it up again once the issues with it are fixed, but probably only in a sale. And that's with the PC price being on £29.99. With the increased price on console, I'd definitely try and wait for a sale before picking it up.

• Like Like x 1
  24. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I’d pick up BS21 but I saw those console graphics and draw distance and that just put me down.

25. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Exactly. The Bus has some aspects of realism that BS21 dosent. Like The Bus seems like you feel like your driving a bus. BS21 can feel a bit arcady with the bus physics. I’m just gonna hope that TML at some point make a Console port to The Bus

26. Ant Craft

Yeah, the Bus has a lot of realistic aspects to it, and feels very immersive. The sounds are also very nice. Can't wait till the MAN Lion's City DD comes along with route 200 :D And yeah, hope they port it to consoles too so people on consoles can get to experience it.

27. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

im playing this on my PS 5 and had no problems with it. its a good game and brucie would say. good game

28. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

BS21 has been reviewed in the UK daily newspaper, The Guardian, today!

• Like Like x 1
  29. blade2428

blade2428 New Member

The engine sounds on the buses in 21 are alot different than on 18 I mean they sound like at first there gonna blow up can u please be fixed please its annoying I paid 58 dollars for it and I think its messed up

30. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

You do realise that Dovetail don't make Bus Sim don't you?

• Like Like x 2
  31. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Wait, this is out already, how did I miss that? It's a no brainer, I did enjoy the last game, so I will definitely buy this one too.

• Like Like x 1
  32. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Having played for 27 hours now I enjoy this game despite some latencies at some places sometimes and the fact that the graphics are a bit off for a 2021 game but eh it’s Astragon. I really want one day some trolleybuses included in the game of maybe for the next one it would be so cool as they already introduced electric ones

• Like Like x 1
  33. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Or maybe historical buses?

• Like Like x 1