PC Ai Services Freezing Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Pixelade, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

After playing 1-2 consecutive services on timetable mode (with the new Boston Sprinter route) I encounter issues with the AI trains freezing at stations and holding up all traffic behind them. I'm aware there are signal issues but the signal in front of the first service is clear yet it's been sitting at the station for over an hour now. That MBTA service is holding up an Amtrak service and behind that is holding up my service which is another MBTA service. Is anyone else having this issue? Is this pertaining to the new route or the rush hour update or is this something that commonly occurs in previously released routes as well?

[​IMG]

when first loading into timetable mode. the first service is always smooth sailing. by the 2nd or 3rd service I pick up this starts to happen and has happened 3 times now since purchasing the DLC. :/

At first, I thought this was part of the rush hour update but after leaving the game on for several hours, nothing has moved and now even more services pile up behind me.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. vincentnicholas202

vincentnicholas202 Member

What service is this

3. Pixelade

MBTA #807 from Bos-Prov but this same thing happened to me on the Amtrak #171 Bos-Prov as well after playing another service in timetable mode first.

4. Pixelade

Right?? I can understand waiting like 3-5 minutes at signals due to busy schedules but being stuck behind 3 services that don't move and after waiting 3 hours ended up not moving is very disappointing. Many people aren't experiencing this cause they are playing one timetable service and after successfully completing it, are going back to the main menu to play another one. The Issue lies when you play a timetabled service and after you finish it, continue on foot and pick up another service, and either by that service or the one you pick up afterward, there are loads of issues with the AI. It's almost like it takes a few hours into the timetable for things to begin getting janky.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pixelade

UPDATE: Played an amtrak timetable scenario from Bos-Prov and no issues. competed it and continued on foot to jump on the next Amtrak service heading north immediately following the previous service. Had no issues with this one either. Had a few slowdowns due to a train in front of me, but that is to be expected with Rush Hour. After getting to Boston and finishing my 2nd consecutive run (the most I've been able to do without any issues), I checked the map and the train I passed in Attleboro (on my 2nd run back north) was still there stuck at a red light and has been for over an hour now. There is another service that just pulled up behind it, blocked. Now both remain static. I was going to take another service down to Providence and catch an MBTA back north again but I'd get stuck behind those 2 services the same way I got stuck behind stuck services when I played yesterday. There isn't a particular service causing it. It seems to happen on all of them as long as I play timetable mode long enough. :/

Here is an image of 2 MBTA trains stuck at a RED in Attleboro heading north.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pixelade

Another update on those 2 stuck MBTA northbound AI services (at Attleboro). I picked up another Bos-Prov Amtrak service and as I passed Attleboro (heading southbound) on the northbound MBTA track there were now THREE stuck AI services. Keep in mind at this point it's been almost 4 hours of time. As I arrived at providence I checked the map and noticed they finally became unstuck as a 4th MBTA northbound service left Providence. Now all of the stuck services are following one another on their way to Boston. Assuming they are heading to be stored at the depot since it's nearly 11 pm in my game. No clue what could be causing this if it's routing issues or signal issues but again, this happens anytime I play timetable mode for an extended amount of time over multiple services, except this is the first time they eventually became unstuck (after nearly 5 hours). The first 2 times this happened I left my game on and running overnight and when I woke up the stuck AI services I was following (at the time, and they were completely different services in a different region of the map) were still stuck. I figured I'd just update in this thread since I don't really know how else to contact dovetail games. if any of you have similar issues please share details and pics In this thread.

Attleboro MBTA Station (Northbound Track)
    Stuck AI Service #1

[​IMG]

Stuck AI Service #2

[​IMG]

Stuck AI Service #3

[​IMG]

7. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

No testing done on thus route then . I've just done mbta from attleboro to Boston South and got stuck with ai not moving .
    Mbta attleboro #842. Timetable mode. I really want to enjoy this game but with each update they are making it worse.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

Think they really should take longer to build routes because clearly its not enough time to test properly. Even on normal dlc routes the have glaring issues they should have picked up on but didn't. Personally I think they are pushing the development team too hard and standards drop mistakes happen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

I doubt this is a result of the core update. AI trains which never move despite having green signals has been a problem at least since SEHS, on which they still get stuck at Gravesend and Rochester and block the traffic. So it's probably a case of lack of interest in solving an existing issue rather than introducing a new one.

10. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

According to dtg's research they claim players only play for 45-60 minutes.. You'd almost think they just test it runs fine for an hour and whatever happens next.. Ehh.. I don't really get why they went for rush hour as a theme when even their basic signal system isn't on point yet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Yeah, this isn't just this route this is constantly happening on, here I am right now having a very normal one on SKA :P

25-08-2021_15-55-05-hjwc4duj.png

I'm finding it happens on around 50% of timetable services anywhere since the update. Used to be reloading caused it, but now it just happens out of the blue on single session playthroughs. And that's when I can start a service and am not deposited randomly in the middle of nowhere with no train. :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Pixelade

I haven't really played timetable mode much before this update so I can't be a testament to that but that's interesting to know... It really makes no sense to have more trains if something like this is happening. makes the entire point of "rush hour" redundant if they are all just gonna bug up and freeze eventually. As much as I want an Acela train for this route as a DLC eventually, idk if even want it anymore cause if the amount of trains we have now is giving the signal system/dispatcher nightmares imagine another 5-10+ services added onto this.

13. Pixelade

Posted this in another thread but I'm gonna post it here too just so the DTG devs have a clear look at the issue. Did the best I could at explaining. :) DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
  14. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Are you guys passing interlocking signals at red? I know for some reason the dispatcher allows you to do it - but it's a dangerous thing. I wonder if it's causing some of the problems by confusing the AI - you're suddenly not where the dispatcher thinks you should be and it's logic locks up. No doubt about it, there is a problem with stuck services at Readville!

15. Pixelade

this is happening everywhere. seeing it the most in Southampton yard, Readville, and on the Stoughton branch. even loading into free roam and not driving a single service, after about 2-3 hours leaving it on, half of the services are locked up. once one locks up they all follow until the mainline get's blocked on either side completely.

Also, Is there a priority system with the dispatcher? I had one run where I was reversing the Amtrak through the loop and I couldn't get back into Boston south. Waited hours and trains kept piling on behind me until there were like 3 or 4 other services tangled into Southampton yard all at red signals like I was. I noticed that while waiting MBTA's coming in from Back Bay were going to Boston South platforms but the dispatcher wouldn't let my amtrak service go. You'd think Amtrak would get priority to a platform before MBTA. I have no clue how it works but it almost seems like there is no priority system. :(