Option To Disable Passengers?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by polygons#3287, Aug 25, 2021.

1. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

I appreciate the effort to up the realism but, I’m fine with virtual-virtual passengers. All those people wandering around seems to be a bit of a resource hog. As a positive, they do make me feel a bit nostalgic, for Goldeneye on the N64.

• Like Like x 3
  2. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

So you want an empty train?

• Like Like x 1
  3. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

Doesn’t make any difference, I’m usually looking out the front window. A report at the end that says I got 100 passengers safely to the destination would be fine, I don’t need to actually see their smiling faces. That’s why I said I’m OK with virtual-virtual passengers, instead of virtual passengers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Monttukani

Monttukani New Member

Having no passangers was an issue for many players in MSTS. But I can see it as an option someone can benefit from with low-end PCs (laptops).

5. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

PS4 here. It’s also a result of growing up in Toronto. I always thought the subway would be awesome, if I was the only one there. Probably less aromatic as well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

This would be useful as sometimes I am trying to take a screenshot and a passenger comes and stands straight in front of my camera lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

I also find it a little disturbing that they walk like the humans in Robotron 2084.

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I said in another thread that I wouldn’t mind not having any passengers because the ones we have are a little strange and they look worse now close up, and I could easily just use my imagination instead. I’m still not sure if I was being entirely serious but I suppose performance would be an even better reason to have an option to disable them, or at least a slider to limit their numbers.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

this would be great. Count me in as another who couldn’t care less about AI passengers. It’s about the driving for me.
    But if this is going to be a fixture, then let’s use it creatively - such as increasing passenger load times during heavy volume.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Yep. I agree, it would be nice to disable passengers or at the bare minimum reduce their numbers back to the original amount of 20, on PS4. I can barely play the new Boston Sprinter route because it lags and has bad frame rate, which might well be caused by the high concentrations of passengers.