Tonight's Roadmap

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PHJ-MGF, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

As you it seems you like to make it one of you priorities to keep correcting people I thought I would help you out by pointing out that the next Roadmap is not Thursday. Roadmaps are every fortnight so the next one will, or should be the 7th of September.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

If you’re that unhappy, request a refund and dont buy the game again. Otherwise, give it a rest.

• Like Like x 5
  3. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

Lovely, not "lowly" PS4 ;)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Gav

Gav Active Member

I just hope this is all fixed soon, I miss GWR so much, always my favorite route

• Like Like x 6
  5. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

complete agre

its true

ps5 is the curent consol so ps4 is last gen when ps6 comes out ps5 wil be last gen simple realy

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

Morning/Afternoon Pedants !!-
    In my inconsequential opinion; I think on balance, DTG got the communication on this right. for those of us who can cope with more than means of updating whether it be via the forum; news articles or more recently the stream: we knew what was going on. In any project which has many moving parts, timing of communication and how much detail that is provided is a tricky thing to manage (it is - it. just. is.) we were NOT ignored. Acknowledgement of the problem was made; potential solutions offered; patch provided to stop crashing etc etc. we all know what they did and frankly it was enough. anything more would only have been repeating themselves for no benefit and took them away from solving the issue ASAP. in the past days there was this underlying view that "DTG don't care"; "money grabbing"; that the game hadn't been tested; that they just went home and weren't working on it. I mean, words fail on the utter lack of faith people have in human nature these days. Of COURSE they were working on it; of course there will be a fix; of course we will get our Precious DLCs back and of course, DTG will do a post-mortem on this situation to avoid happening again. So like many other here, I still don't understand the level of negativity that has happened. we all have the right to be upset about bad things, but as adults, we should temper this relative to gravity of the situation. I have no doubt this will be solved - and no-one can say that it won't be solved and that they will lose their money. They have nothing to support this view and therefore this is not a valid argument. and for those who are thinking of saying "what right do I saying how they should feel" can trot on; I have every right to express my opinion with an even and mature tone.

Edited by DTG Natster - Removed some unnecessary comments about what is happening elsewhere in the world.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  7. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Just hoping the fix goes well and we`ll be back to full running this week.

• Like Like x 3
  8. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

here here

• Like Like x 1
  9. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Exactly.

I read yesterday on the BBC news site that McDonald's had run out of milkshakes due to a shortage of delivery drivers. I'm expecting riots, milkshake mayhem in fact.

• Like Like x 3
  10. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

thanks Natster - did wonder if it would pass muster - suffice to say, all I was saying is that there are very bad things going on in the world and all of this situation we find here are essentially First World Problems.

• Like Like x 2
  11. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

yeah I saw that - I'm stockpiling Nesquick* as we speak (*other milkshake brands are available)

• Like Like x 3
  12. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Splendid idea. You could then sell them on eBay for exorbitant prices! A shake scalper.

Without the delivery drivers they're not. :)

Anyway sorry, back to the topic, whatever that is.

• Like Like x 3
  13. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

It's all a conspiracy by Big Milkshake to steal your hard earned money. Wake up people!:D

• Like Like x 3
  14. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Well if you watch it, they said there will be one on Thursday.

15. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

It could be worse there could be a worldwide shortage of Starbucks coffee :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

FWIW, the improvement feels quite significant to me. Even coming from a PS4 Pro where I was already enjoying it in 4K, the game on PS5 feels immediately slicker, with the higher framerates and *something* about the graphics. WSR, which I'd barely touched before, feels borderline magical with the trackside buttercups and whatever other wonders the preservation team have worked. If you're contemplating upgrading and are in a position to do so, I'd recommend it.

I managed to get one last week from Game UK after following a stock tracking account on Twitter. The stock drops are getting more regular and the queues smaller. For Game, you're best to aim for a bundle that might not be the most popular so you can get it straight into your basket and off to the checkout - I got a Digital Edition with a £50 PSN top-up and 12 months PSN Plus. The site said it was a pre-order to be dispatched a week later and it arrived within 2 days!

• Like Like x 3
  17. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

do you have games on disk from PS4? if so - will you buy a external blu-ray for this situation?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Yes but it is not a Roadmap stream on Thursday. There will be a stream, NOT a Roadmap stream. That as I said will or should be on the 7th of September, the date the next Roadmap is due out. Roadmaps and Roadmap streams are fortnightly.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm keeping the PS4 Pro so the few games I actually have on disc, I'll probably just use on that. Virtually all of my games are digital, so I doubt I'll have any use for a drive on the PS5.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you can just plug in an external blu-ray player. But I haven't looked into it so I could be wrong.

It's probably the higher texture quality you're seeing. It'd make everything seem a little crisper. Particularly the trackside buttercups. :)
    Interesting, I'll have to keep an eye on the game store. I mean I don't really need a PS5 but...

• Like Like x 1
  21. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

future is certainly digital, and I don't want to waste 100 squids on a drive version - but I have a reasonable number of disks and I will only be allowed to get a PS5 on basis that the PS4 Pro is sold.

• Like Like x 3
  22. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

Looks like my thought of the update fix will be today, but it sadly doesn’t look like it. (Sad face)

I’m also a bit concerned that DTG have been quiet about how the fix is going. It could mean that it’s not worked or working.

• Like Like x 1
  23. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

Well they said the fix is in testing and they want to make sure it works. Otherwise few people here are going to soil their gaming chairs

• Like Like x 2
  24. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Today's news, but unfortunately nothing to change your sad face. ;)
    CLICK HERE

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

Yeah, I read it. Looks like to me the fix they were mentioning last night didn’t work.

• Like Like x 1
  26. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Maybe. Or perhaps they are just thoroughly testing it to hopefully prevent further problems. Whatever it is it's also got to be approved and rolled out by Sony which might be the longer process.

• Like Like x 1
  27. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

Pain. Hopefully it could be out before the weekend. I can’t see anyone at DTG working through the weekend (as it’s a Bank Holiday Weekend)

28. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Oh I think they would if needed. As they mentioned on the stream the appropriate teams have been working continually on the problem from the beginning. Plus I think many are still working from home anyway - although family and friends wont be too keen for them to be glued to a screen!

As for Sony, I'm not sure who works where or when there.

• Like Like x 3
  29. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

I’m going to stay optimistic and say it they no the problem but just need more time to test. I think some will be working this weekend if not fixed

• Like Like x 2
  30. Hidden Donkey

i watched it and they say posibly a QandA not a road map that is september 7

• Like Like x 2
  31. Hidden Donkey

again as an overeaction again

• Like Like x 2
  32. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

You’re confusing Nesquik (proper milkshake) with flavoured wallpaper paste (McDonalds milkshake).

• Like Like x 2
  33. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

Ah yes grasshopper but the masses will realise their error in time and by then I will have scalped all available milkshakes to sell back at 10x their original value. Mwah ha haaaa… anyhoo any sign of a fix yet