Day 6 - No Fix On Playstation 4 Crash.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

DTG and colleagues, Good morning.

Unfortunately we are reaching the 6th day when our DLC's Add-ons are inaccessible, we understand that it was a complex problem, and everything that was already explained in posts and lives. However, we ask you to return us with the solution, with the expected date for the solution, anything, it is very frustrating to wait a long time for a mega update like this and six days later we still face complications resulting from it.

For now, I'm enjoying the Boston Route, hoping to solve this problem today or later on Friday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6º Dia - Nenhuma solução sobre a falha no PlayStation 4.

DTG e colegas, Bom Dia.

Infelizmente estamos chegando ao 6º dia em que nossas DLC's Add-ons estão inacessíveis, entendemos que foi um problema complexo, e tudo que já fora explicado em posts e lives. Porém pedimos que nos retornem com a solução, com a data prevista para solução, qualquer coisa, é bastante frustrante aguardarmos muito tempo uma mega atualização como essa e seis dias depois ainda enfrentarmos intercorrencias decorrente dela.

Por enquanto, vou curtindo a Rota de Boston, na espectativa da solução deste problema ainda hoje ou no mais tarde sexta-feira.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

See last night's stream for the latest update on the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

In last nights stream they were doing final testing for a fix. So it could come out today if it all goes well and we’re lucky.

I’m 100% sure though that the fix will come out before the end of the week. So we don’t have to suffer any longer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. tcmikaelsouza

Hello, friend, good morning.

I watched it, but I didn't understand much, because I don't understand English.

Did they provide a deadline for resolving the problem? I was able to understand in a very basic way what happened and why it happened, but I couldn't find a solution.

If you can summarize here I would appreciate it, and I will use Google Translate to better understand. Thank you very much in advance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olá Amigo, Bom Dia.

Eu assisti, porém pouco entendi, pois não entendo o inglês.

Eles informaram um prazo para solucionar o problema? Consegui entender de forma bem básica o que aconteceu e porque aconteceu, mas a solução não encontrei.

Se você puder resumir aqui eu agradeço, e utilizarei o Google Tradutor para melhor entender. Muito Obrigado desde já.

5. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

While I get your frustration, we were all without most of our Preserved DLC for months last year while they brought them up to UE 4.23, so a week or so is no big thing.

I certainly get your frustration, but you still have the game and plenty of other routes to hold you over for what now appears to be a very close to ready fix.

• Like Like x 2
  6. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

I tried several times this Morning not an update in site & the patch they released on Friday does not look like its going to last the routes i have left are starting to crash again i regret buying this game.

As for the DLC fix update you might be waiting some time its in the hands of Sony & they will want to know that its working 100% plus before it goes live so don,t be surprised.

If its not fixed there another Q & A live stream tomorrow night with DTG on You-tube

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

The basics are, when they uploaded the 40 or so bits of information that make up the core game update and all DLC for the game there were three that got messed up. They haven't been able to determine if this was a DTG error in uploading, a Sony error in receiving or a store error in processing, but somehow those three files are the wrong files for the PS4 and therefore they cause a problem
    The problem is that on each PS4 is a database of what software you have and what extensions you have for each bit of software. Because of the errors noted above, the database for TSW2 gets corrupted.
    This means that although the basic software is fine (and updated to UE4.26) the DLC just get stuck in a perpetual download loop, and the database never gets fixed, so TSW cannot be started.

Unfortunately there isn't an easy fix for it (and from what they said on stream last night it's not something that Sony or DTG have an easy solution for), BUT...

There may be a way of resending all the files to Sony, verified so everyone knows they're the correct ones, and then sending a small patch to each affected PS4 which resets their database
    Each affected machine would rewrite the database and would either then work straight away or one of two things would be needed
    The machine would download ONLY the three affected DLC and all would be fine
    OR
    The machine would need to download all software referenced in the rebuilt database again from scratch, and THEN all would be fine

This is what they are looking at today and hopefully can get a fix out, and notes on how that fix works in practice out later today

• Helpful Helpful x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

In short.
    It's hopefully being sorted out very soon. They think they have a possible fix to the problems and are now testing it out to make sure the procedure works as intended. A more permanent solution will eventually be released. Be patient for just a little longer.

At least that's what I understood.

• Like Like x 3
  9. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

10. tcmikaelsouza

Friend,

Thank you very much for your explanation, it was very enlightening, in fact it seemed to be a detail that made all the difference in the catastrophic result, but we will wait for the solution soon.

As for the other colleagues, I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the update from TSW 2020 to TSW 2.

Amigo,

Muito obrigado pela sua explicação, foi bastante esclarecedora, de fato pareceu ser um detalhe que fez toda a diferença no resultado catastrófico, porém vamos aguarda a solução em breve.

Quanto aos demais colegas agradeço também seus comentários a respeito da atualização do TSW 2020 para o TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1
  11. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

Sorry…on the seventh day, they rested.

12. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

But on the 8th day they might have fixed it.

• Like Like x 5
  13. tcmikaelsouza

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

14. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Damn I wish WRC10 was out already sods law tsw2 will be fixed the day it comes out XD

• Like Like x 2
  15. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

If it doesn’t then I will be kinda sad for them and and for me and everyone Who plays this game on PS4

16. moofeen#2182

Hopefully

17. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Riders Republic Beta just opened - that'll keep you busy. Available 25th-28th August. ;)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

i dont se why people are so angry when it beter than last year also i realy pised that we dont se risa dresden because i payed money for it and now dont se it because some pople complain minorty ruin it for majorty

19. Factor41

Are you actually complaining that the future DLC that you bought the Season Pass for isn't out yet? Is that's what's happening here?

• Like Like x 2
  20. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

I don't think DTG are holding back Riesa-Dresden just to punish everyone for having the nerve to complain. If they wanted to punish their customers they'd release it earlier with even more bugs than it will eventually have.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Hidden Donkey

no we were promisd a video now we dont get it because people complain iwant se what i payd for as promsed but no video now because people complan
    not what i seid dont change words

22. moofeen#2182

All of rush hour wil come out but not alll at the same time idk y but that’s just how it happens

23. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

That's the problem with this season pass nonsense - you inevitably pay for something before you've seen how it looks.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Factor41

That's how all season passes work - you pay for the pass and get a number of DLCs as and when they are released - at a reduced price. Surely you can't have completed the Boston one already?! :)

25. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  26. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Apparently you have no idea what happened. The latest update made previously purchased DLC unusable for PS4 players, and DTG is prioritizing fixing this before showcasing the next DLC. Blame DTG and not PS4 players.

Inevitably? Buying the season ticket once all routes are out is also an option, and one I personally recommend.

• Like Like x 5
  27. jarom2

jarom2 New Member

I wonder if we will get a gift in so many days of delay, you do not know the fault, it would be a good gesture on their part

• Like Like x 2
  28. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

haha, I spotted this a few weeks ago and thought might be worth a go. But at £39.99 I’ll wait for the sale.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Hidden Donkey

i know w hat hapnd i not stupid like you sem to think also showing somthing is not the job of people fixing so can be shown simple reealy

30. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Then stop ignoring the facts, and perhaps start checking your posts for errors before submitting them.

• Like Like x 3
  31. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Urgh, more aggressive comments. Can we just have a nice civil discussion?

• Like Like x 5
  32. moofeen#2182

Damn that’s expensive

33. moofeen#2182

Thanks for the reassurance but I doubt that not to put your hopes down but we should all keep our hopes up

34. tcmikaelsouza

Dear friends, don't fight, we share the same passion, let's have faith that DTG will correct it by Friday, and we can see our collections back. My first rail simulator was the Densha de Go Final!

• Like Like x 2
  35. Railfan1985

We all need to get along. Being divisive will get you nowhere. Having said that, my first train sim was microsoft train simulator. It even inluded passengers happiness with whatever you were doing. I miis that game :(

36. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

I really miss the Odakyu Hakone Line.
    The type of Japanese commuter route with express trains going to the suburb and holiday resort.
    Would love for DTG to recreate that route for TSW ;)
    That route has changed dramatically in the real world with some segments inside the city quadrupled and grade-separated underground.
    If you miss that route too...

• Like Like x 1
  37. Railfan1985

I'd love a japanese route. Never been to Japan but love the trains. Fast and punctual.

• Like Like x 2
  38. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning friends,

Eighth day, let's hope that this fix arrives today or tomorrow!!!

I really liked Densha de Go! Finally, I still have it on my PlayStation 2, I managed to complete all the timetables, there are four lines:
    - Yamanote Line;
    - Chūō Line;
    - Osaka Loop Line;
    - Tōkaidō Main Line.

I met TSW2 when I was looking on PSN for a PS4 version of it, when I found this stunning simulator that is TSW2, which despite the incidents (normal for any game), I am more and more passionate about, I even stopped playing GTA V / Online , F1 just to dedicate myself more to TSW2 and I don't regret it.

• Like Like x 3
  39. ottselmaster

Really hope we get the Intercity for livery editor I want the classic livery from the 80`s!

• Like Like x 3
  40. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I've had my eye on JRS since its release a couple of months ago, but it's currently waaaay too pricey for the content it delivers. Far as I can tell it's one long FMV sequence. I may bite at $30, but not $60.

And I agree with many of you, would love to see Japanese rail in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  41. ottselmaster

Yeah its a weird mix of real time video and graphics. Also just a question why is TSW so full of German routes? Weve had like 1 single french no Italian or Japanese?

42. ARuscoe

Because they have a DB license, DB are great at providing access and reference material and DTG have been building those routes in TSW and TS1 for years so have the assets (houses, trees etc) and the knowledge (and 3rd party support) to do them justice.
    To build a completely new country isn't just a case of making new trains and so on, you have to build the entire ecosystem (to do it right)

• Like Like x 1
  43. Factor41

I'd guess it's down to where the route teams are based, which licences they have and what relationships are in place with the operators to get source material for new DLC. The thing with Germany is that the routes are mostly traffic red DB locos so unless you're actually familiar with them, many seem to be copies of each other. I lost track of all the German DLC after RRO! In the UK at least we have the variation between old BR stuff and modern operators with all their different colour schemes and quite different trains (although the 377, 375, 387 all feel a bit copy/paste).

44. ARuscoe

They're the same "family" of trains, built by the same people in the same factories so it's hardly surprising.

45. Factor41

Yeah, that's my point - it's a bonus that they're at least different colours, unlike the German routes being virtually all red, though I'd still prefer a bit more variety (and less door-through cabs with no view)! That's why it's nice having the 465 on SEHS - gives a different experience to the 375 and adds more variety to the route traffic.

46. tcmikaelsouza

My life dream is for them to make a line here in São Paulo, Brazil, The subway or the three of them here are very cool, not as much as yours in Europe, but dreaming doesn't cost anything, doesn't it? Hahahaha

47. moofeen#2182

Really wow u must love dis game

48. ottselmaster

Looks like the fix they said about didn't work. Damn.

49. Factor41

Where are you getting this information?

50. ottselmaster

Guess based on what they said tues. It sounded like it was very close but not heard anything since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.