Xbox Texture Glitch

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ethan#3478, Aug 19, 2021.

1. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Either we as a Community have a different definition of what "how much" means than Dovetail or they just lie to us. Either way, it's both crap. The Test team structure should be completely revised. It's no longer acceptable what they're missing out on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fl991r

fl991r Member

What concerns me is how important a time this is in the life of Train Sim World 2. I came into this whole world just a few months ago because TSW2020 was on Game Pass and I decided to give it a try. Now I'm knee deep in DLC and spending way too much time reading obscure train manuals. I think a lot of people are going to be trying this game out now that it's "free" on XBOX and Dovetail has a real opportunity to turn them into train nuts like I've suddenly become. If they don't fix these obvious issues soon I fear they may turn a bunch of people off, and that's not good for those of us who would like to see the game thrive on this platform.

• Like Like x 3
  3. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

That's a bad joke from dtg and from Matt. How can we say it's running wonderful ?...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

It runs better now on series x than it did with running it back compatible on series x in my eyes only get fps drops in realy built up areas mainly and that's in the 50 fps. I think we won't get solid 60 fps with no drops any time soon due to the way tiles are loaded in to memory,just my opinion I'm no expert in game tech. The big problem on xbox is the audio looping and texture blurring.

• Like Like x 1
  5. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Unfortunately, these two things combined are a game breaker. I can't get pleasure running the game with that.

6. PeterNeutron

PeterNeutron Active Member

If they release the Dresden route and take further money, knowing of this issue, then I hope no one will buy it and Show DTG that after the Hamburg mess and the RushHour mess, that enough is enough.
    Months ago they promised to bring QA to an aceptable level but nothing changed at all.
    Sad to see that people arent even able to change between DX12/11 on consoles and are lost conpletely with this bug.
    DTG doesnt seem to take care at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bobbobberdd

The problem is, most people have already paid for Dresden and Brighton with the Rush Hour Season Pass. DTG can now probably estimate how many people will buy the routes individually by comparing the pass with a normal DLC

8. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

Dtg are aware of the glitch and looking into it the fix needs to come sooner rather than later.

9. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

I played this mainly on an i7 gaming laptop, 15 inch screen 1080P, but I really wanted to see what my Series X could do, and see the game on a big 4k screen. Like you it's unplayable for me so I'm back on the PC.

10. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Update from the last stream: There is no update on this issue as they don't see it in their build. :(

11. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

So that means xbox players getting the the most broken game compared with other platforms might be time to abandon this game soon if they don't get it fixed, it was happening on the stream last week. bad textures and bad audio. It sucks.

12. dreampage

It means the potential fix is very far away because if they can't reproduce it they won't be able to fix it.

13. bobbobberdd

TrainSim-Matt Could you please summarize what you said on the Stream about this issue.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  14. dreampage

"The issue is that the cab is sometimes de-rezzing. We don't know what causes it, the engineering team is looking into it. But it's unique to the Xbox platform, so... looking into it."

Just a minute ago. :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. fl991r

fl991r Member

So they are able to reproduce it? Or are they only saying that this is what the players are reporting?

This is probably not the place to ask this, but are any of you NOT seeing this problem?

16. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

About the looping sounds it's apparently Xbox using a different sound system so it will have to be totally overhauled"100gig update. So that means in 2025

Great game is broken on Xbox now....

17. dreampage

In my understanding it only means they're looking into it. Whether they will be able to reproduce the issue or not remains to be seen. Matt didn't sound very convinced about the case, he frequently said "no update from the team", so I don't think they have a firm grip on the issue yet.

18. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Alot of people already refunded the pass, i ended up refunding it because i had too many issues with Boston sprinter on top of the graphical issues. I think ill just buy London to Brighton on its own if it looks decent but for now im just going to wait to see if they actually fix the game instead of worrying out pushing out dlc on schedule.

19. dreampage

A screenshot from Matt's live stream last night. It was apparent through the whole stream. Even with the lower quality of a live stream taken into account, it was clear as day how blurry the textures got. It's awful, you can barely read the TVM speed limit and the other textures around the cab are just a blur.

(Magnify the image to see it in full size.)
    tsw.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  20. NYIslanders0902

NYIslanders0902 Active Member

I know right? And even on all of the other routes, the cabs get blurry, I hope this gets fixed.

21. fl991r

fl991r Member

Yeah, when he drove the first route he mentioned a small texture glitch. I thought he would mention it again when he got to SEHS, especially since the textures went blurry and stayed blurry for minutes at a time (basically the whole high speed part). I hope that even though he didn't mention it, he could see it at least and was just trying not to draw attention to it. If he couldn't see it then we're in for a longer wait than we even thought! I drove the same route today and basically had to rely on the TVM's beeping to know when to slow down the numbers were so blurry.

22. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

I'm tired of saying that but it is just inacceptable. Not fixing the issue in the next few days may be admissible, but barely aknowledge the issue and almost pretend it's not there is a big lack of respect to the xbox community and their customers in general. You should be ashamed TrainSim-Matt DTG Natster DTG Protagonist DTG JD

• Like Like x 2
  23. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Apologies, I thought I had specifically mentioned that I recognised it on multiple occasions but I don't want to just keep saying it over and over. Yes, I saw and acknowledge the lower detail textures as well as the glitches. I'm not trying to hide anything and never have. If I wasn't clear enough on that, apologies.

• Like Like x 9
  24. NYIslanders0902

No worries Matt!

25. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Thanks Matt, hopefully it can be fixed soon :)

26. ajwilson1889

Thanks for this, I didnt want to refund originally but after 10 days they've barely acknowledged the issue and moved on to the next DLC, I bought the season pass so I'm going to request a refund as I'm not convinced this is going to be fixed anytime soon

• Like Like x 4
  27. dreampage

I think first the three routes will be released then they will start collecting feedback from all three and start constructing a plan to fix the various issues that have appeared. I wouldn't expect any meaningful update until a few weeks after the London route is released.

• Like Like x 1
  28. bobbobberdd

That sounds very likely, even if I don't like it. For Dresden it is most likely too late but I would like them to postpone the release of the routes and take care of the game first.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

on previous gen consoles it is much more prevalent, with textures dropping to unbearable levels and not returning

30. bobbobberdd

Matt just said on the stream that a fix for textures is being tested

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  31. NYIslanders0902

That’s good

• Like Like x 1
  32. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Any news about this eagerly awaited patch ?

• Like Like x 1
  33. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Either in development or continued investigation as a high priority, DTG have said it’s more complicated than originally thought and seem to be something to do with UE 4.26

34. DTG Matt

No update yet. Initial idea didn't prove to be correct, another line of thought is being followed and tested - but definitely still being investigated.

• Like Like x 5
  35. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Sorry if I am a nuisance, but would it be possible to have a tiny bit more detail?

Is it related to Dx12? A possible ETA? (Not a date, but will it require days, weeks, months, or next year's update?), and how further up the priority list is it? I can't see this issue here

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-2-priority-updates.45569/

• Like Like x 1
  36. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Well..I still haven't played since the 20th of August and I still haven't bought the season pass, nor will until this texture issue is fixed. I can live with the audio but I just can't play with the cab texture going all wonky.

I can't even drive high-speed trains because the textures don't come back on them and that was my favourite trains to drive.

Heck I can't even bear to watch the streams that Matt has been doing on his Xbox it drives me nuts.

• Like Like x 3
  37. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

When I see other developers who have fixed such major problems after a few days, I can no longer reasonably explain why DTG is so slow with bug fixes. You often have to wait months until something happens and in the meantime they just throw out the next DLC, which again has major bugs. Here you get the impression that they are not serious about the matter.

• Like Like x 1
  38. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

The problem is indeed that some routes are actually more or less unplayable with that glitch (mostly the high speed routes with TVM like LGV or SEHS). So I bought DLC which are now broken...

• Like Like x 2
  39. DTG Matt

Not sure what extra detail I can offer. In terms of priority it has an active engineer working on it alongside the technical director right now so it's as far up the priority list as it can get. Don't worry, we fully get that this is critical.

In terms of what it is - that's not clear yet.

In terms of ETA - again, until we know what it is we don't know how long it will take to fix - historically these things are fixed quite quickly once we know what it is - and really we won't say that we know what it is for sure until there's a fix in that proves that it's right. Much like the previous fix we were trying which proved we were wrong.

Matt.

• Like Like x 10
  40. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

That's fantastic news, really appreciate both the commitment to fix it and this reply, thank you.

Hopefully you'll find what's wrong soon, can't wait to get back playing the BR101, Class 395, ICE, ect...

41. ajwilson1889

Its really sad, I looked forward to the update, bought the season pass, and now I haven't played it since launch. May just be a texture glitch but it ruins the whole experience for me, the cabs form a big part of the game. What are my chances of a refund do you think, I spent £35, havent played it and the issue that's making it unplayable hasn't been resolved and nor will be in the near future? I didnt refund straight away as I wanted to give them time but its been a month now and no fix

42. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

If the purchase was within 14 days of the refund request it's almost guaranteed (from my experience), beyond that I think you can ask for a manual review, and I have no idea about your chances, but IMO at this point it's not worth it.

I got my refund just after the update, and actually bought it again after they acknowledged the problem and confirmed they are working as hard as they can to fix it.

At this point I'd say there is no point to refund now. If you intend to play after a possible fix that is.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  43. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Even the Destinations outside are full blurred like Class 314 on Cathcart and unreadable from the distance

• Like Like x 1
  44. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

Then why say (or rather imply) in last week's stream that this issue had been identified and a hotfix could be pushed thru for next week (which is now this week)? It can be so infuriating when DTG sit there with happy faces and lead everyone on with "good news....spoiler alert" statements, only to follow it up several days later with the usual "nope, you're going to have to wait even longer because in reality we've isolated absolutely nothing...but in the meantime keep posting those videos into the forums if it makes you happy enough to want to keep buying the 'pretty' addons".

Apologies for the cynicism but that's genuinely how it's starting to come across now.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

He also said "Initial idea didn't prove to be correct, another line of thought is being followed and tested"

46. eire007

eire007 Active Member

They know this is an issue, Matt basically said its not a priority while he is laughing and walking to the bank to cash in on all the hard earned $$ from everyone. They want you to submit a ticket to delay the process in solving it, same with the sound looping on xbox, they couldn't care less and ask you to submit a ticket, so how many routes and trains to I submit a ticket for??? its on every train on every service on every route, that's a lot of tickets just to entertain DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  47. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

The problem is that it is slowly becoming impossible to understand how such errors can be in the "finished" product. It is hard to imagine that something like this was not noticed before. This leads to the conclusion that it was intentionally published with errors. And this is not the first time that one creates such a negative feeling with the customer.

• Like Like x 5
  48. wh1tw0rthlime

wh1tw0rthlime New Member

Hi guys I'm new here but noticed the problem on my one X. I don't have any dlc but it's a major problem on the ICE for me, anyway, does anyone have any news, I think it's been a while since the last post.

P.S Matt mentioned in his stream a few hours ago that the "xbox textures bug" had a possible fix but he had not yet seen it.

• Like Like x 4
  49. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Hope it gets fixed soon
    Oh yeah and the dresden crashes hehe

• Like Like x 3
  50. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

On a side note ive noticed after the bug, the textures on the bottom of the train that were blurred out pre update (atleast on xbox one s) are all clear and readable now. For example the fuel gauge on the tanks on the American freight trains