*** Please Read Playstation 4 Update Fix ***

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Aug 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I did the same but it was a personal choice, I reinstalled all my DLC's as requested by DTG and it slowed the game right down at launch but that's due to my PS4, So I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it with the DLC's I'm likely to choose above others. Works like a charm now (except for the class 20)

• Like Like x 2
  2. niko558

niko558 Member

Sorry ! Class 31 whoops !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does the ps4 fan go nuts in the menu with weather selection.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's been noted on other consoles that the menu is pumping out loads of frames per second, causing the fan to go nuts. Matt mentioned in Tuesday's stream that they're looking into it, but with the more major issue of game breaking PS4 issues those got priority

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Railfan1985

Oh, it wasn't a complaint. Just something i noticed recently. Not much DTG can do as ps4 is getting on a bit. I only noticed because of how quiet it is whilst operating a route since core update.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ARuscoe

It's actually an issue, so you SHOULD report it (or at least have it noted) because otherwise they may think it's a single hardware issue...

• Like Like x 1
  7. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Guys, Good Morning. I want to share with you my experience.
    I didn't quite understand the initial instruction, but for those who are still confused, follow it this way:

- Find the TSW2 on PS4;
    Click down until the "My Expansions" option appears;
    - Click the download button below each DLC' you own;

So I believe it will work smoothly.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Railfan1985

if its a known issue then theres no need to report it. I was just making an observation. Probably due to the amount of dlc i have.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Hello, All you needed to do would have been click download on all your DLC, even those that it was saying installed.

• Like Like x 2
  10. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Woke up this morning to reinstall dlc again after my previous report. At the time I was missing WSR and RT. After following the steps, I am still missing WSR and RT. I am in USA playing on the latest version

• Like Like x 2
  11. ARuscoe

Hadn't seen it on PS4 before. Seen on xbox and PC

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lenwigg

Hi, Did you reinstall them? I had some that were installed but not showing before the update and I had to download them again before they became visible to play.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Railfan1985

Ah, might be worth looking into then. Fan is alot quiter overall.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jarom2

jarom2 New Member

I noticed that during any initial training, the narrator asks you to turn on the triangle to pass, he knows a different camera view, unfortunately it cannot be done because it could only be done in train sim world 2020

15. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I couldn’t agree more and I also share the appreciation and thanks that the missing paid for dlc’s are apparently fixed but there was nothing ok about this at all! Far better to make sure something like this core update was 100% fully tested and ready to go on all platforms and not able to break this game on a worldwide basis on one particular platform like we have seen on PS4 in the first place.

I hope there will be some kind of internal enquiry within DTG / Sony and lessons learned which will lead to better quality checks with regards bugs etc in future dlc’s and updates because a failure on a major scale like this and poor quality control in newly released dlc’s really doesn’t do anything for customer confidence in a product which TSW2 is at the end of the day.

Anyway I’m off to see if they all work for me now? So fingers crossed.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. GChris

GChris Member

Process didn't work at all for me (on PS5 but using the PS4 version)

I only see Preserved Collection DLCs - nothing from TSW2) in the Add-Ons section if I go down from the game (it's been like that since the issue first started)

I can select and download all my DLC if I reinstall (or from Manage Game Content after installing, but not once the DLC is already installed), so I'm trying a delete/reinstall now. I did also attempt several reinstalls last week so that may have messed things up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

I deleted the game and tried to re download it now they want me to pay for the game

• Like Like x 1
  18. ARuscoe

Instructions are on the front page of this post. Doesn't say "delete the game"

• Like Like x 2
  19. ARuscoe

The instructions are on the front page of this post, and several people have done it, so it's available now.
    Not "an update" per se, but a process to fix the database and redownload the DLC

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Lenwigg

I downloaded mine from my library and had to download all of them, even the ones that were saying installed. Apart from the ones that have been working all the time that is.

21. Lenwigg

Download it from your library

22. tcmikaelsouza

Hello friend, I did the same thing as you.

If you purchased the Deluxe Edition, it is unavailable, to resolve it, look for the base version in the PlayStation App, and "buy it free", reset your licenses and restart your PlayStation.
    After that I believe you will be able to download TSW2 normally, this happened to me yesterday and I was in despair but I managed to solve it that way.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. tcmikaelsouza

[QUOTE = "Railfan1985, post: 364804, member: 29285"] se for um problema conhecido, não há necessidade de relatá-lo. Eu estava apenas fazendo uma observação. Provavelmente devido à quantidade de dlc que tenho. [/ QUOTE]

Friend, it is not today that I also noticed an acceleration of the PS4 fan in the menu, even after I have done maintenance on it (open it to remove the dust and change the thermal grease), but as for the slowness in the menu I managed to solve once recreating the database. Yesterday I re-installed the game with all the DLC's I have, apart from the ones I mentioned that don't work, everything else worked normally, but I noticed the same slowness, I recreated the database and it's not so slow anymore. Then tell me if it worked. Hug!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amigo, não é hoje que também notei uma aceleração do ventilador do PS4 no menu, mesmo depois de ter feito a manutenção nele (abra para tirar o pó e trocar a pasta térmica), mas quanto à lentidão no menu Consegui resolver uma vez recriando o banco de dados. Ontem reinstalei o jogo com todos os DLC's que tenho, tirando os que mencionei que não funcionam, tudo funcionou normalmente, mas notei a mesma lentidão, recriei o banco de dados e não está mais tão lento. Então me diga se funcionou. Abraço!

24. Railfan1985

It's only in the menu with the train selection. Not a problem, just an observation. I tried random routes and the fan was quiter whilst operating the routes, and louder in the menu. Just something i observed :)

25. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

So does the error screen on start up disappear once ALL your paid for dlc’s are te downloaded and successful? WSR seems to have installed ok. I did it via the PS4 library on the far right of the dashboard. Some of my dlc’s still show the price in the PS store so I just ain’t risking it doing it that way.

Edit.. GWE is a no go it just says waiting to install. Wasn’t that one still with problems?

Edit 2… GWE now decided to install. I guess it’s just a matter of waiting until some add ons do their thing. What a ball ache all this is though. Thank goodness I’m one of the lucky people to have super fast internet it must be awful for you guys with slow broadband. :(

Edit 3….All complete! only British Rail Class 20 shunter missing. Tip…. If after re downloading, paid for add on’s just show waiting to install them reboot PS4 start the game and they will install.

What a palava!

Cool the British Rail Class 101 DMU is now in WSR though :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  26. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

Of the routes I tried to download Cane Creek was the only one still bot working.

• Like Like x 1
  27. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Well it’s working for me so looks like it’s different for different users

28. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

I deleted it tried to re download but they want me to pay the full price again I even looked in the library nothing there tried everything again I understand things happens im not mad just wanna play

29. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Matt said on the Road Map update that someone is looking into this. I have the same problem too

• Like Like x 3
  30. aarontheloner

When
    When you get it working? As of last night was still screwed for me. Perhaps they got it working overnight?

31. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Yeah Sony has ‘pushed the button’ for the DLC update now. So Cane Creek should work. Though you might need to wait a bit for it to appear

32. Railfan1985

Don't delete the game. Reinstall your dlcs. The fix was released earlier and works :)

33. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

I already did but still I should still get my stuff back I paid a lot of money

34. aarontheloner

I did have all the other NA routes working and was starting on the UK routes when I went to bed.

35. Railfan1985

You will mate. This fix will take time to reach everyone. It shouldn't take much longer.

36. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

So basically what u saying is that all I'm waiting on is for them to re add it in downloads am I correct????

37. Railfan1985

Yes, you are correct. The update is now live and you should be able to re install most of the dlc you own. There may be some that you cannot install. This is being worked on.

38. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fix.

No hate, just a comment from my side (maybe helpful for DTG):

I own every DLC and the game shows me that three DLCs were not the current version: Class 20 Chopper, LIRR M3 and DB BR 182. Also, the game crashed after about 15 minutes playing Hauptstrecke Hamburg-Lübeck.

• Like Like x 2
  39. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Yes.

40. GChris

GChris Member

I can confirm that a full reinstall did work for me (though like others I still get the error for the Class 20, and I deliberately skipped downloads for the two with known issues)

41. wildweasel48

wildweasel48 New Member

Cane creek is a no go for me also. Everything else is working.
    USA base edition on PS4.

42. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Please ensure you re-read the whole of the first post in this thread before commenting. Thank you.

43. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

Huge thanks to the team at DTG all of my add-ons have been installed and are working. Appreciate the tireless effort from everyone at DTG!

44. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

DTG Protagonist Hey Sam was just replying on another thread from someone where you pointed them here.

my post below.

dear Sam (please don’t shot me down lol)
    I believe the OP might be running a PS5 hardware but the 4 version of the game similar to me there is no download button to reinstall for us.

I caused confusion last night when the wonderful news came and deleted my postings after a few grumps didn’t agree or see where I was coming from.

the PS5 method either, viewing add ons in a similar fashion from the notes on the advise given or browsing through the store (same result / display as above) there is simply no download option just install.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. boody575

boody575 New Member

I have downloaded the fix this afternoon. The only Add On I can't access is the Class 20. I am UK based.

46. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Well as of right now they still trying to make me pay for it I own every route I paid a lot of money for them

47. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

DTG Protagonist sorry to tag again.

further to no download/ reinstall for 5 folk running the 4 version of the game.

have tried both the PS app and PS store on the web.

the below known working items installed and working but to reinstall. No luck here either. Wanted to make you aware in case you wonder why so many are asking why it needs to reinstalled (well for PS5 users running the 4 version)

143AC4D4-7684-4AB7-9C64-BB4D95A6BD9A.png
    the working class ;) 33

item is the PS4 version and the app is linked and works fine. Clicking download started to queue and nothing else happens.

When trying from the web, the option to download is present…. But the next page after this goes to my library and only shows games not DLC’s as options.

might help, just FYI really :)

48. Lenwigg

If I remember correctly clicking on the TSW2 tile in your library it will then show your DLC's

49. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

All my add-ons that I own have downloaded correctly now, except for the aforementioned LIRR M3, but I also get an error for the BR Class 20.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I have all DLC I know where to find them there is now download button :( The notes are for PS4 users, not PS5 users running the PS4 release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.