Train Sim World 2 - Nahverkehr Dresden Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Anyone that would have been completely satisfied with the route if it was announced without the branches has little reason to be angry imo. If that's the case than they'll be happy with it anyway. You can be disappointed and complain to give feedback but that's about it, no need to take it further. Scope changes happen all the time and shouldn't be treated as "lies" as some like to call it. I admit they should have handled it much better, but still, would you all rather see they stay silent till release? I like the early announcements, even if they are a bit innacurate, as they give a lot more insight. What they could have done is just put "Dresden - Riesa" on the announcement without any further details and only reveal them later.

And as you've pointed out, that's not really the case with me. I'd be disappointed with the route even if was announced without the branches in the very beginning. I'm simply disappointed because DTG has little creativity when it comes to German routes. DRA with the branches would actually be something new, but now it's just another passenger mainline. It's definitely a pretty interesting mainline (unlike HBL) that I would be thrilled to see perhaps a year ago, but at this point I just want to see something new for a change. How about diesel or historic lines, or scenic branchlines and some freight focus? Just look at the diversity of US and UK content and you'll understand why some of us complained.
    (Sorry I'm ranting about this here, I just have to :D)

• Like Like x 7
  2. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

That's wrong the BR 112 Drives AS AI on SKA and HRR.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Also wrong, you can drive the 112 anywhere where the 146 can drive and Ruhr Sieg Nord

4. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

That's something I thought of as well. So if we want to have a full timetable, it would be nice to have the 101 for EC-services. But this would make a Loco-DLC where the correct train layers in impossible, right? So that means that the timetable must have the said "holes" to have the possibility for a fitting loco DLC.

Or is it possible to make the 101 drive there and still be able to substitute that with the correct train, if that one is ever released?

5. bobbobberdd

If at some point a suitable DLC comes out, they could simply patch out the AI 101

6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This EC "hole" on BRD might not be worth filling as the EC trains don't go to Riesa, but diverge towards Berlin, so your only stops would be DD-Hbf and DD-Neustadt. So 101 AI trains would be completely fine for this and if we ever get CD Vectron with CD Eurofimas, them not going back here would be fine with me, I would want to take them for a much longer spin.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cadeshr6s

I never said that they are the only ones. I just know IT on this Routes. I do not DriveRSN at the current state

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  8. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

That's an exaggeration. When in a busy station with multiple trains it does drop a bit but it's mostly a smooth 60 on my PS5.

EDIT: Just read the explanation, ignore me.

9. bobbobberdd

Then I apologize, I guess I misunderstood something.

10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

The loss of the branches was a major disappointment to say the least but, hey, it’s gone now. It’s time to concentrate on what we are getting rather than what we are not. I think that’s a good way to approach the coming streams.

• Like Like x 6
  11. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Bummer bout the branches but having the 363 and 101 being able to stretch their legs some more is a positive, though it's a shame the 204 is limited in its use

12. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

What makes this route different to some of the German routes already in the game other than being set in the eastern part of the country? Any distinctive quirks?

I won’t accept Rush Hour passengers as an answer, as the preservation team will look into making this system work on older routes also.

• Like Like x 3
  13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Those aren't "new wagons" just livery swaps. No different than the AI spawning rolling stock in custom LD paint.

Not since some months ago, when it was disabled by Adam's team (the ECW version can't be refueled, making some GWE scenarios impossible)

• Like Like x 1
  14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The same thing that makes British and US routes different, they’re different routes.

If you’re a fan of the modern German network then this is another piece of that for you.

I somewhat doubt DTG cares what you will or will not accept, they aren’t specifically creating DLC for just you.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

I read there will be also the DB br 101 and 406. I think it will be a great route. I hope my xbox one x can sweetly manage the intense traffic and the route doesn't create any problem like on Boston Sprinter

• Like Like x 1
  16. bobbobberdd

Tricky question. We still have the short junction to Grossenhain. A couple of wagons have a new livery. A new signal system and new light effects

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I think this would be the biggest route difference, but what it changes in practice I don't know

18. Nielsen

DTG has often stressed a priority in choosing routes that provide unique quirks and experiences rather than more of the same. This routes seems like more of the same, which you cannot say for British and American routes already in the game.

My point was to not bother replying if Rush Hour passengers is the only thing that currently sets this route apart from other German routes. Because over time the preservation team will try to implement it on older routes wherever it makes sense.

This is not about what I think and whether DTG would care. I’m sure they do care though, as the opinion of one player usually is shared by a handful.

• Like Like x 2
  19. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Speaking for myself, like I tried to point out before, I'd say this might be the first german route that feels complete in terms of traffic. Of course it depends how the actual timetable will look like but it has the potential for it. So there might be lots of action going on I guess...

• Like Like x 2
  20. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

- New signalling system
    - Maybe the busiest german timetable
    - The beautiful and unique Dresden main station
    - new reflective signage
    - More atmospheric night lighting
    - Escpecially well developed autumn season
    - New Dosto-repaint, new 363 repaint, new container repaints
    - Many (!) locos are delivered which is especially nice if you don't own other german DLC's (except SKA of course)
    - I guess the locos will have overhauled sound
    - The route itself is by defintion unique

• Like Like x 13
  21. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Good point. I'm looking forward to this a lot more now that it's been laid out like this.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Nielsen

Only the signalling system can be classified as a characteristic that has the potential to really distinguish the route experience. Most of the remaining points are things that will likely transfer to new routes going forward and over time to older routes via preservation team focus.

• Like Like x 2
  23. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

Is the 363 included or is it the same one from Hagen but in blue

24. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

A more apt comparison is the AI spawning either the RSN or MSB variant of the 185.2.

Cheers

25. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

The thing is, everything you've listed here could have also been done on a different route. The route itself is not actually that unique, it just has new features.
    It will definitely be interesting, but it won't bring any new gameplay for old players.

• Like Like x 3
  26. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Hi. Can somebody tell me what's the new signalling system? and where i can read some kind of guide about it. I'm interested, scince its very challenging driving with PZB, LZB, sifa...

27. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Safety systems should be the same, it's more about the signals themselves looking different. Matt will probably tell us more on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
  28. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

The signal aspects do look a little different, but also PZB behaves a little bit differently, the speed restrictions are slightly different compared to what we are currently used to. This is from the TS manual:
    upload_2021-8-29_0-31-23.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Crumbs so many aspects to memorise.

• Like Like x 1
  30. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

When do we have to use PZB Befehl?

31. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

From what I could find online in the Zusi forum, it seems that aspects telling you to slow down to less than 100 km/h at the next signal need to be acknowledged. This would mean that
    Hl 7, Hl 8, Hl 9a, Hl 9b, Hl 10, Hl 12a, Hl 12b
    need to be acknowledged. If someone more familiar with DR Hl-signals could confirm this, I‘m sure we‘d all appreciate it.

32. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So PZB should still work the same, you need to acknowledge "low numbers" on the signal. Only there are no numbers, but 5000 dots you need to figure out :D

• Like Like x 1
  33. cadeshr6s

You read the HL Signals from the bottom to the top, the light at the bottom in combination with the small Lights Tell you what to do now. The upper light tells you what is coming at the next Signal.

Upper Lights (What is at the next Signal):
    Green = free
    Flashing Green, reduce to 100km/h
    Orange = make ready to Stop
    Orange Flashing = reduce to 60 or 40km/h

Middle light:
    Red = stop

Down Lights (What is at this Signal):
    No light = nothing Change at the signal
    Orange with Green small Lights = 100km/h max
    Orange with yellow small Lights = 60km/h max
    Orange with no small Lights = 40km/h

I want to hold it simple, If you know what the light colors mean than you can build your Signal Like a lego Set :D

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  34. cadeshr6s

I think you need also confirm 100km/h, you Just do Not geht 1000hz Magnet.

35. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I generally have a bias towards modern German routes as I think TSW is over saturated with them and they seem to have little to no variety, but I'm actually interested in how this one looks.

It looks like a LOT of trains will be playable on it, which is exciting. And I love driving the ICE on SKA and HMA, so I'm looking forward to having another go on them. What sort of speeds do they get up to on this route? It's a shame DTG said the theme of TSW2 would be high speed and then they immediately ditched the idea after having only one truly high speed route in the game (I know SKA, HMA and SEHS all technically are, but I can feel the trains itching to go faster when you get them to 150).

I had decent fun driving the Talent 2 in previous routes as well, so I'm looking forward to driving it in a new environment.

Even though I'm disappointed the branches haven't made it in, I'm still cautiously optimistic about this route. If it's at the very least decent then I can see it becoming my go to route for German traction. At the very least it'll tide me over until Brighton Mainline comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  36. cadeshr6s

The Highes Speed ob BRD is 160km/h

37. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Is there something to tell the difference between the two or is it up to the next signal to specify?

38. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That all seems very logical. When looked at with the image posted earlier in the thread, it all looks fairly easy to remember :o

39. cadeshr6s

No, the Driver Just can See when He approach to the main Signal. There He See it with the small Lights. So the logical thing to do is, to Break to 60km/h and when you see there are no small lights turned on, than you break to 40km/h

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. cadeshr6s

So you understood? And tested it with the Picture? If you know how they Work, they are really easy to understand

41. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That is not possible. PZB cannot recognize signals - it can only recognize active magnets (2000/1000/500 Hz). Therefore: No magnet - no need to acknowledge.

In actual practice, it may not be a bad idea to still acknowledge - just for safety - but based on hardware, you never acknowledge signals under PZB supervision, you always acknowledge active 1000 Hz magnets.

• Like Like x 1
  42. cadeshr6s

Yeah I know but Just for yourself than you do Not forget to Break If you confirm IT for your mind.

43. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

At a guess, I would say that Riesa-Dresden still has some old DR signals installed. These like the DBB signals in the West descend from the first DRG experiments with Indusi, but evolved somewhat differently (hence the new unified Ks system)

44. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

For the ones wondering about the Hl-signals:

This is a very good video, but it’s in german.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

thank you for all the replies to my question :)

46. cadeshr6s

Thats why I explained it in english

• Like Like x 1
  47. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

I know, and you explained it really well, but I also wanted to share the video, so you can get some information on the history of them :)

• Like Like x 1
  48. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Today is the Day \o/
    Hope we can see this new night lighting.

49. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

For what? Been away so might have missed something

• Like Like x 2
  50. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The first BRD stream is today

• Like Like x 1