Quiet Running?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by maz_62, Aug 28, 2021.

1. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

The routes all seem a lot quieter since the update. I’ve got all the DLC and as an example on my last run into Köln I saw only two other trains coming in the other direction with nothing at all in either station. The other routes in the main seem similarly quiet or am I imagining it?

• Like Like x 2
  2. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

There seems to be a bug where the layers of a route are not always activated when loading a service. This seems to happen on every route occasionally. Luckily it's not always the case- try quitting to the main menu and start again. This has worked for me at least.

3. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Same here seems to be a 50/50 shot each time that the layers actually show up.

4. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I did a run from Reading to Paddington on a 166. Must’ve seen three other trains in all. Almost like being in scenario planner

5. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Involuntary I could gather some more data yesterday:
    1. It even happens on the new NEC (all sidings were empty during the service)
    2. It doesn't matter if the service is started via timetable mode or journey.

Seems like a general loading issue I guess..

6. fl991r

fl991r Member

I've noticed this as well. I was really looking forward to the added layers on HMA, but I ran all the way from Augsburg to Munich and only saw one other train. I've tried this several days in a row and have never seen anything but the trains that came with the route. If I remember correctly, some MSB and HRR stock should show up right?

Come to think of it, the only route where I saw a bunch of traffic was East Coastway, and I exited out to the menu and back in a bunch of times because I bought that route after the 4.26 release and was excited to play it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

Let’s hope this is added to the sort quickly list!

8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was excited for HMA with layers too but it’s still dead, you see maybe 1 or 2 RE’s, an ICE and a couple of S-Bahns but then both main stations are empty.

• Like Like x 1
  9. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

^ Same - pretty underwhelming after all the messages excited for HMA layers on XBOX!

10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The class 66 layer and the railtour services on sehs aren't there when i play with the 375 or 395 despite owning East Coastway and Northern Trans Pennine. I can play a 66 or railtour service in the timetable mode but when i play with the 375 or 395, hoo junction is completely empty and there are no other 66 or railtour services on the route. Clearly this is another bug missed by dtg

11. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Does this happen everytime you try to load a service?

• Like Like x 1
  12. fl991r

fl991r Member

Update: I noticed some MSB freight AI on a short run in HMA today (it was just driving the ICE to the depot so it really was a short run!). I also saw a passenger AI service from MSB on Koln-Aachen. The routes still seem quiet, but at least I'm seeing layers now, I think.

13. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Compared to the massive traffic IRL which the tracks are built for it's still quiet even with fully functional layers ;)

My current workaround on HMA to see if layers are active is checking the map for freights or regional services around Augsburg before the start of a service.
    Or (but that depends on the starting station) checking the PIS boards on the platforms - if RB or RE are mentioned somewhere the layers are active.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya I noticed this to, even Boston Sprinter which was supposed to be crazy, like one train will go by....

15. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

I've noticed this too on Boston sprinter, sometimes the csx hoppers and gp-38s won't spawn and you have to select a new time or restart till you spawn in with all layers.
    Happens on west Somerset too, I'm guessing most routes by the look of it.
    Another one to this list :(

16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

When i go to free roam to take a train, it doesn't show up and when i load a service from the timetable