Post-fix Add-ons Missing (27th August)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG JD, Aug 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricky

Ricky Active Member

Do I have to uninstall tsw to redownload the dlc?

2. ace

ace Member

That doesn’t work for all DLC’s.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ace

ace Member

I’ve re-downloaded my missing content several times. As far as I can tell, DLC that is broken and is not showing up stays that way. I’m missing 3 routes and 3 locos. Downloading them again and again does nothing. Your PlayStation will say it’s installed but it won’t show up. So we all wait.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  4. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

I have been able to fully download Clinchfield, Tees Valley Line, Rapid Transit, RRO, BR Heavy Freight, DB BR 155, DB BR 363, DB BR 182, and the MP36 Baby Bullet. The problem, however is after the download has finished it says "waiting to install," indefinitely and never installs... :|

5. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

Update. Rhein-Ruhr Osten seems to be a go for me now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ace

ace Member

I closed the game fully and then I could install dlc. I could not install with the game running.

7. jailbr3ak_acdc

jailbr3ak_acdc New Member

No, you can redownload them from "My add-ons" even if they're already installed

8. heartlessfelon

heartlessfelon New Member

im also having issues still just base game dlc none of my purchases are showing up except a few..united States Michigan

9. laurie

laurie New Member

Aotearoa New Zealand / Collector's Edition

Well, I say Collector's Edition, but according to my PS Library, I have the Standard Edition, and I have no option for the Collectors Edition. I bought it originally for the PS4 August last year.

About half of the routes have successfully downloaded, but nowhere near all.

After assiduously driving trains, placing route maps and all, I finally got TSW2: Journal of a Lifetime (Platinum) <proud face>. But if I log on to the PS5 version, where all or almost all of my DLC resides, I have *no* achievements. That's a real shame. What's the railmap for being able to integrate save positions and achievements with PS4? I'm running the PS4 version until then.

Additionally, the page that shows the distance travelled/walked is buggy - at least one of the totals is -1. (I'm not playing right now so I can't remember exactly which, but I'll update this when I've got a few minutes).

Edited: The value is for the most-used route, and it's one that hasn't downloaded for PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  10. simon edwards

simon edwards New Member

have got the class 20 now but still no lirr m3 and db 182
    uk
    ps4 slim
    collectors edition

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shawn Dalla-vecchia

Shawn Dalla-vecchia Member

Australia, Deluxe Edition
    I've read the instructions and I'm still missing DB BR 182 and the LIRR M3, when logging in it says it needs updating

12. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, don't forget to restart your Ps4 before reinstalling your DLC from your library.

13. kevc137

kevc137 New Member

I managed to get the class 20 reinstalled yesterday. Just getting an error message for the DB182 I think it was
    . I'll try that again when I get chance.

14. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

-Class 20
    -IRRm3
    -DB182

Uk ps4 pro collectors disk ed. Comes up with error codes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. wildweasel48

wildweasel48 New Member

USA
    PS4
    Standard edition
    Cane Creek gives update error
    All else is now working
    I’ve followed all instructions.

16. Dagrynn

Dagrynn Member

9th attempt, 7:33 AM EST on 8/31. I downloaded just the DLC from the error message using the DTG prescribed method. I STILL get the error message for the SAME DLC. rsnbr155, lirrm3, dsnclass20, rtbr182, leipzigs2sbahn, tsw2westsomersetrailway, wuppertal, canecreekrailroad.

The 10th attempt will be a complete uninstall/reinstall because... why not?

• Like Like x 2
  17. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Remember to recycle your console if you go down this route (i.e. complete switch off, remove power lead for a minute or so, restart). This clears any cached data so should ensure a better chance of things working. Perhaps a database rebuild would be an idea, but maybe overkill.

Oh, and refreshing your purchase licenses never hurts.

18. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks.

Quick update - I've reached out to a few players in this thread individually to send their details to Sony for their engineers to review. If you see a message from me, if you could respond quickly, I'd really appreciate it please!

As mentioned by a couple of others, when you're rebooting, please ensure you've turned the system off completely, rather than going into power-saver or standby mode.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  19. wildweasel48

wildweasel48 New Member

Hi,
    I’ve done everything you have asked and the only one that still gives the update error is Cane Creek. I’m in the US using the standard edition of trainsim world 2.

20. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

have you tried re-installing this one again, I have same version as you and this one showed up yesterday after re-installing again from the library

• Like Like x 2
  21. gptsnny

gptsnny New Member

The Cane Creek DLC isn't loading for me. I have already tried downloading and installing it several times. Please HELP!!

22. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Awesome that you are working on this JD. One thing to note that may be helpful as we figure this out is possibility of a google form or something to collect the data instead of us listing. Especially when what gets lost in the list is what routes we actually own. Without this then a post saying they are missing rapid transit and a post not mentioning it could easily be explained by the person not mentioning it not owning it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. emperorts#8304

emperorts#8304 New Member

Is anyone still not able to use West Somerset on PS4, post update? I'm in the US, and this is the only DLC not working for me.

Thanks.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I am in the UK and have been able to use WSR since the fix

• Like Like x 2
  25. SAMiV

SAMiV New Member

Deleted my TSW2 saved data to see if that helps, but NO. Only thing left for me is to reinstall everything...

OR...

If there will be a some other fix by DTG&Sony???

I'm getting tired of this...
    rebooting...reinstallling...nothing...waiting...

26. aarontheloner

Lets be honest. They don't care.

• Like Like x 2
  27. SAMiV

SAMiV New Member

Not 100% sure about that, but it sure takes a lot of time to fix this. And maybe the fix is just few clicks at Sony's end, but yea... :(

Maybe we should just buy those missing addons... Would that even work?! LoL
    I'm not trying though...

• Like Like x 1
  28. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

Can confirm that I now have the BR Class 20 installed and working. Only one that I have that is not working is the LIRR M3, which is one of the dlc's that had been previously mentioned.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. aarontheloner

I have considered buying 1 just to see if it works.

30. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

I believe one of the guys on the stream said this does work, but you shouldn't need to as all your dlc should work once they have sorted the issues.

31. aarontheloner

Well nice to know its a fallback at least. Worst case maybe they can have a sorry sale.

32. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Still in the PS store at my purchased DLC shows the price. Will this problem be solved? We still don't have the M3 of Lirr and DB 182.

• Like Like x 1
  33. wildweasel48

wildweasel48 New Member

For me everything in the store that I own shows purchased. In my add on library everything shows installed. Cane Creek just keeps showing it needs updated.

34. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

My only outstanding dlc was the class 20 and I'm pleased to report that it has now installed successfully. I followed the instructions to the letter but I rebooted the console after each dlc was added.

• Like Like x 1
  35. ace

ace Member

36. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Forreal I been concerned about this too one thing I did do to make it show as purchased again is going to the PS App then click on the DLC that is free add to library and it will show as purchased again including on the console which is weird.

37. ace

ace Member

Hello World! Hello everyone at Dovetail! Tuesday August 31. USA. Original PS4. Digital edition TSW 2. I'm still missing Rapid Transit, West Sommerset and the Wuppertal Hagen route along with the Class 20, LIRR M3 and DB BR 155, three locos that I bought to go with each of the missing routes. The US PlayStation store shows full prices for almost all of my add-ons. I own most of the add-ons and most of them are back on except these 6. I've deleted and downloaded the game every way that could be done. The Dovetail method gets me back most of my DLC but the above 6 are still missing. I've deleted the game and installed it over and over but I'm still short my missing DL, and yes I've rebooted the system multiple times too. Even through TSW 2 itself some of my DLC has a price and some doesn't. The DLC prices from inside the game and the PS Stores don't match up in at all. One says I bought this DLC the other says I haven't. If you try to download something that your still missing, from any location, it will say "installed" but it isn't. I still love the trains and this game so I wait....

38. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

Yay FINALLY all dlc back working didn’t uninstall anything but the extra few days of redownloading the 20’s was getting old… after the initial wait for the others. this fiasco really has made me think twice about purchasing anything extra from now on…

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  39. aarontheloner

All right. Seeing if making sure everything is added to library via the app helps. Plus side at least everything is officially purchased now. Granted that takes the option of just buying it again off the table, but honestly I was never gonna do that anyway.

40. aarontheloner

Trying that myself right now. See if it does anything.

41. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

WSR is still not working for me as of last night. I may try again when I get a break from work later, but honestly, I feel as though I'm spending far more time attempting to fix this game than actually play it. Getting a bit old at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  42. SAMiV

SAMiV New Member

I just did the same with PS app. Did not help unfortunately. Yes, shows as purchased in the store now though. I only added the missing 3 loco addons i have which werent showing in the game.

43. wildweasel48

wildweasel48 New Member

Everything same here in the US.
    All dlc is good EXCEPT for Cane Creek. I still get the update error. If it’s any help when I download from add on library the file size is 2.606 gb.

44. aarontheloner

I have noticed a discrepancy between its size there and what it is listed as in the store. To be fair routes I have working no trouble also have the same thing going on.

45. wildweasel48

wildweasel48 New Member

Yep, I agree. I’ve noticed the same thing. The store size is roughly double the download size in add on library.

46. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Yeah it might not work for some still just mentioned it too try to get those price tags off the add ons we already own. So you don't have to worry about purchasing it again or them not fixing it. Hopefully that's a way to bypass that issue. I only did it with one add on a few weeks ago. Might only do it for the ones that only work at the moment later when I have a chance.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  47. aarontheloner

Think I will just pass on trying till a sure fix is in. Till then try to finish getting Clinchfield to 100%

• Like Like x 2
  48. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

Update: Wuppertal now works

49. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Why is it that now I know I can't use the CL20 right now I really want to drive the 20!

50. aarontheloner

I also got it working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.