What Has Happened To Workshop Wednesday?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dudleybrooke, Aug 23, 2021.

1. dudleybrooke

dudleybrooke Member

I can't see WW on this week's schedule. Is TS2021 being wound down? I do have TSW2, but after 10 minutes of it I come running straight back to TS2021. I do hope DTG are going to continue support, but it isn't looking good.

2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Jamie is on holiday this week. He mentioned it in Friday‘s stream.

Not sure how you get from a stream missing for 1 week to the end of TS2021. But don’t worry!

• Like Like x 1
  3. dudleybrooke

dudleybrooke Member

thanks, I was getting worried, with TS2021 sidelined to Friday, then WW goes missing and I am surprised we haven't heard anything about TS2022 yet, there is normally something floating around by now as it is normally in Sept. I must have missed Jamie's announcement.

4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

It’s my favourite stream of the week. So I‘ll miss it as well. I was hoping Matt might do it instead, but with the other issues on TSW I guess he’s a bit busy.

I think there is a fair bit of life in TS yet. Though I think this year will just be a DLC pack rather than any significant update.

5. dudleybrooke

dudleybrooke Member

It is by far my favourite stream too. I frequently get the workshop download and try it myself

6. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

TS isn't going anywhere and neither is Workshop Wednesday - it's just all a bit hectic at the moment. When things settle down I look forward to returning to WW streams with Jamie, I always enjoyed them :)

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

Great stuff Matt, looking forward to your return. Always really enjoyed the WW streams myself, a little bit of a reminder of the days of Train Sim Live. I believe Jamie recently said on the forums that he’d like to show some more routes on the stream again, so it seems that when things calm down, the stream will come back in full force and better than ever!

8. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

Straight from the horse's mouth so to speak! Thanks for the update, Matt. :cool:

9. dudleybrooke

dudleybrooke Member

We can see what Jamie has been up to while he's off:

10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Well that's going to upset a lot of the nay-sayers :D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  11. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

As Matt has said Workshop Wednesday isn't going anywhere, was off yesterday. Keep putting suggestions for WW in the normal place.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

No worries Matt, but I will say I wish there was at least one more TS stream each week. It's still the better game in my personal opinion, and it might be neat to feature some third-party content once in a while like AP content, or German routes and trains not on Steam.

13. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Unfortunately we can't show content that isn't on Steam as we are only able to show content that we have approved with licensors (and it's not as simple as "you have a DB license so all good, right?").

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

This I wholly agree with. It seems that recently streams for newly released TS products have disappeared a lot, which is a shame. I’m hoping we’ll get one for the new upcoming High Iron Sims route, since that looks absolutely amazing, although with everything going on with TSW I somehow doubt it. Perhaps the new ‘play for fun’ streams could be alternated between TS and TSW. But I do enjoy the WW streams and am glad that they aren’t going anywhere, looking forward to tomorrow’s one.

15. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Ah, so in other words, you can't show a package by someone not published on Steam because your licensors have not specifically approved that package for you to display on stream. That's unfortunate.

My comment about a second TS stream per week still stands, however. I do wish we had that.