Question Thread - Nahvervehr Dresden Streams

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Aug 31, 2021.

1. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Why are the DB BR 155 and the Red 185 not available as substitutes?

• Like Like x 3
  2. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Sorry, I posted this elsewhere, and thought it would be better suited here:

From the stream today I noticed that some RE can be run with the Traffic Red BR 182 (standalone DLC). This still has sounds broken by the 4.23 update from last year. The MRCE version has much better sounds, can we expect that the Traffic Red version gets some loving for use in BRD?

3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

EDIT: This is not a factor in this route.

[Introduction: I am not sure how this works in Germany, but here in Italy tilting trains have their own speed category (called P) which has higher speed limits on curves, but those speed limits are not present on the track signage (to avoid clutter the signs) and the driver references the "train card" (a sort of equivalent to the Buchfahrplan) to know the speed limit.]

My question is, given the fact a non tilting train is subbing a tilting one, will there be any difference in speed limit between the ICE3 [ICE-T] and the BR101? For example the ICE-T might be able to run at 160km/h where the BR101 is limited to 120km/h but obviously I am not sure (especially for that stretch of track).

If tilting trains were ever introduced for TSW how would you deal with this problem given AFAIK the game doesn't handle differential speed limits, would the line speed just be the tilting train speed with the AI trains going too fast and us having to just know the speed using track-side signs and community made Buchfahrplans?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

What does it look like on the menu screen?

5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Adding to this question:
    Is there any chance Br 155 substitution will be put in before release or is this something that will be put on Adam‘s list?

• Like Like x 2
  6. bobbobberdd

I can now guess the answer myself. Freight traffic in Dresden actually goes on and on to Schöna and across the national border to the Czech Republic. The 185.5 is the only multi-system freight locomotive

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Oh, didn‘t consider that. Still, seems a shame to have an east German route in the former DDR and not put the 155 on its home tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The max speed on the route is 160kph so both the ICE 3 (406) and 101 can run at full line speed on the route.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

That wasn't the problem, the fact is that the ICE-T has a max speed of 230km/h and could go faster than a non tilting trainset on curves, after a lengthy research I discovered that in germany there is another system called GNT which (as I suspected) allows tilting trains (like the ICE-T but unlike the ICE 3) to go up to 30% faster than the "regular" speed limit.

However on the german wikipedia page there is a list of where this system is in place and Riesa-Leipzig is not one of them, so it wouldn't apply here. Next time I'll search first and then ask.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Can we please have a definite answer tomorrow as to the availability of all layers on PS4 and Xbox. I realy hope we get it all. The point of missing layers is creating more and more frustration with me personally. DTG said they were looking into bringen the missing layers on HMA to the PS4/Xbox consoles via way of a seperate timetable, but we haven't heard anything about that for a very long time.

We pay the same price for the DLC, so we are entitled to the same content as the other platforms. By giving some platforms more content then others, you're only creating inequality and feelings of frustration and discrimination.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Can you please show a proper "Rush Hour" service tomorrow? The services in the first run were either before or after Rush Hour.

Some ideas for interesting services:
    • RE 15/18 Großenhain <> Dresden (Talent 2)
    • S1 Coswig <> Dresden (BR 143 as we already saw the 146)
    • Freight Riesa <> Dresden (but the two above would be more interesting to me personally)

Can you also please show the destination picker in the BR 442, BR 143?

Will we get the off-map destinations on release or will they come with an update / never?

• Like Like x 1
  12. gprili80

gprili80 Member

Hi everyone at DTG, is it possible to have a stream quality (youtube/twitch) that is not constantly tearing on the screen and seems to be at less than 30fps (even if during gameplay the fps counter is 59.99)?

The quality of the stream lately seems to be on a cheap underpowered old PC and it makes very difficult to evaluate a new route for buying.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Or on consoles with crashes / missing sound / other issues. The preview streams in the last time were pretty bad to show the new products you want to sell to us.

• Like Like x 2
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I also think it's time to invest in the right equipment, proper "OBS" configurations, and know-how. Matt's team hasn't been streaming since yesterday, but a little longer. My eyes hurt already :o

• Like Like x 1
  15. bobbobberdd

Two Question for the second Stream

Before you decided to add the Blue 363 to this route, was there a Layer planned for the Ruhr Sieg Nord 363 or nothing at all?

Would it be possible to get the DB BR 204 from Main Spessart Bahn as a Substitute?

16. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Is There any scenarios with dynamic weather?

• Like Like x 1
  17. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Please DTG JD DTG Natster
    I always have to fight for the automatic subtitles on Youtube on your channel. This morning they were working perfectly but I don't know who came up with the brilliant idea to cut the countdown minutes at the beginning of the video, so of course the subtitles have stopped working.
    Please don't edit the video afterwards, I don't think anyone would mind moving the countdown minutes forward, if you cut it, those of us who use subtitles will be left without them.

18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

All routes with layers could be considered more expensive than the price without the stuff required for the layers. They are more of a bonus if you own the other trains, rather than a requirement. If you already own them it increases the value of those previous purchases. Both things add up to a simple concept… If you want everything, you need to buy everything. If you do decide to buy HRR and the 101 to enable a dozen or so services in this route you will get HRR, a great route in its own right, with a lot more than a few services for your money.

You’ll only need to buy the old 363 if you want the content that comes with the old 363. Nothing has changed because of this 363. When new stuff is released it never adds layers to existing routes so you are safe there. Adam’s lot may add layers in the future but for that eventuality see the above concept. If there are already layers in other routes for the old 363 then you only miss out on them by not having the old 363 and that will always be the case, and the same concept as above will also apply if the old 363 is used to add layers to future routes. You will never ‘need’ to buy it though, always a personal choice ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Besides - with BRD we get 363*, for which we would normally have to pay.
    * Usable - no scenarios or RSN content. But that's nice, still :)

20. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Cheers stujoy . I’ve picked the 101, realised I already had the route in the end.

• Like Like x 3
  21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

lol :D

• Like Like x 1
  22. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

For the next stream, could we please watch some trains come in and out of Dresden at rush hour time. We didn’t get a good ‘rush hour’ feel of tuesdays stream.

Play a short s-Bahn service please, and please show the talent 2:)

• Like Like x 1
  23. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - sorry to hear this, I wasn't aware YouTube did this. Having looked at the automatic subs, it sounds like they should be automatically re-added when the video has finished processing. Please let us know if you continue to have issues!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I believe we confirmed this last night - TrainSim-Matt?

• Like Like x 1
  25. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Can you use DB BR146.2 Riesa-Dresden on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen RE1 RE4 RE7 Rhein-Ruhr Osten Ruhr-Sieg Nord RE16 Main Spessart Bahn Or not? Since there are players in the community that have train simulator world 2 and 2020 owned should Main Spessart Bahn DB BR185.2 Rallion paint be layered here or not? Basically adding more variety to the freight services

• Like Like x 1
  26. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

so the Br185.2 and Br155 are not being layered for freight services at this point.
    The Br146.2 will not appear on MSB, and according to that my hopes are low to find it somewhere else.

27. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Maybe in a future update and for Riesa-Dresden DB BR146.2 it's destination board signs FT95 Panel can be retrofitted to Main Spessart Bahn DB BR146.2 including traction motor sounds a whopping noise.

• Like Like x 2
  28. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Can we please see more of what freight is on the route?

Layers - can you please give a clear explanation exactly what routes and locos are needed on pc to have an absolute maximum number of services and trains to bring as much life and services as possible

363 - will owning this on the route mean I have to buy this for the older German routes (which won’t be great) or will this unlock those services on older routes.

thanks

29. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Do the autumnal colours/leaf fall vary by month (ie becoming more and more brown as Autumn occurs and fewer leaves as we get closer to the winter months?

• Like Like x 1
  30. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I would like to inform you DTG JD that the subtitles are no longer available on the Youtube video of Tuesday's broadcast.
    And I can assure you that they were available yesterday morning, before the initial minutes of the countdown were cut off. So I deduce that this is the cause of the problem.
    I don't know how Youtube works with subtitles, but I think it's quite logical that if they have been previously generated in relation to the playback time, if the playback time is changed, the subtitles will no longer be synchronised, so they would be invalidated.
    I don't know, try to find out why because it's quite irritating that something like this that much more modest channels than yours always have available is not available on TSW.
    Remember that you have customers from many countries around the world that are not English-speaking, and we also like to enjoy the content of the channel and be able to keep up to date with everything that concerns TSW.
    Thank you for your attention.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  31. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

For the layers: As far as we have seen in the stream on wednesday, the maximum is to also have Hamburg-Lübeck (for Br112), Köln-Aachen (which you should already have, for ICE3M) and Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr, as long as the Br101 (you need Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr to run the Br101 anywhere)
    And the last one would be the Br182 in DB livery, for that you need the Br182 add on and Rapid Transit (as far as I know).
    Personally I hope that they will ad the other freight locos in the future, that would mean the route is unbelievable good! (I’m talking about the Br155, Br185.2 and Br182 MRCE)

That would bring you the following trains (If you have everything I wrote down and Riesa Dresden:
    Br146.2
    Br143
    Br112
    Br185.5 MRCE
    Br261 (older number for the Br363)
    Br406 (ICE3M)
    Br101
    Dosto cab car
    Br182
    Br442 Talent 2

For the Br363: I think I understood what you mean:
    This 363 is the same as in the additional add on for Ruhr Sieg Nord, BUT it won’t appear on any other route then Riesa-Dresden. The difference is that it’s blue, and it WON’T be appearing on any other route (at this point)

I hope that I can help,
    Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  32. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

We have a release date! 9th of September!

• Like Like x 2
  33. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

Some of you better start pronouncing nahverkehr better :) nah fer_ker nah means near and ferkehr means traffic so local commuter traffic as opposed to long distance running trains. So nah paus fer_ker

34. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Why did you choose to make an 3 car and a 4 car Br442 and not a 2 car and a 5 car one?

35. ambatiparthasarathy

ambatiparthasarathy New Member

36. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Will the layers to Nahverkehr Dresden (Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden) be available on Xbox One and PS4 as well as Xbox Series S / X and PS5?

37. bobbobberdd

They weren't sure during the stream, but said the Tester hadn't found any problems with the layers so far.

• Like Like x 1
  38. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Did TSG have any sort of correlation with making this route? If so, in what way?

39. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Is the Operation Shift Control scheme working on all locos? PC/xBox controller. Mine is not still working.
    Ticket: #NEX-443-43823.

I'm visally inpaired. It would help me using double horns and PZB/LZB, as I won't have to take my eyes from the screen and look for the keyboard, although I can mostly use keyboard without watching.

The new HUD and screen fonts are great for me! The new night scenery on Dresden will also help. Trans Pennine is to dark.

40. Bertil Persson

I'm visually impaired. The new HUD and screen fonts are great for me! The new night scenery on Dresden will also help. Trans Pennine is to dark.

41. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Why is there no layer/substitution for the excellent BR 155- in Dresden, or for that matter most other German routes?

42. Bertil Persson

I have to reply myself. On Xbox controller for PC it's the X button, NOT the right stick as they say in the settings. Maybe there should be a comment in the settings menu for the Operation Shift Control.

43. Bertil Persson

One more please! Have you seen the comments on "Cold As Ice"? When you changed cab and are ready to start, you get stuck on the red light, because of another MBTA on the main line which also gets stuck. Sorry for posting this on the "german" thread, but maybe you can give an answer what's wrong.

44. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

Why is this route so full of problems on Xbox? Why hasn’t it been tested properly? How does dovetail manage to have a whole team devoted to TESTING and seem to let so many problems slide? Why are routes on PC better than console? Just a few for you to think about.

• Like Like x 1
  45. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

1) PCs have more processing power than 8th gen consoles. Simple fact: older consoles can't run as much stuff
    2) A controller only has a handful of buttons, compared to a keyboard's dozens. This makes finding control inputs for consoles a challenge.

46. Bertil Persson

Shouldn't there be train lights in the compartments on the AI trains? I boarded an IC as passenger and it was pitch dark. An ICE nearby was the same. The RE train have lights inside. Maybe the extra layers are failing?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  47. Bertil Persson

Got the answer from Matt on the stream. Yes, it's wrong and the're working on it.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  48. kiwi#3153

kiwi#3153 New Member

Will the epic games be receiving the br101 loco add on?