Cane Creek...train Won't Move.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nyem24, Sep 2, 2021.

1. nyem24

nyem24 New Member

Hi guys/gals! Had a bit of trouble last night and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I was on the "mission" right after the first 2 training scenarios on Cane Creek on PS5. Had just coupled with 30 cars, and had to move like 400yd to a stop to complete the mission and my train refused to move. Brakes were "released", forwarder was in forward. I'd have to get it up to 5th before the train would budge, and it would go to like .4mph and then stop. I'd go up to 7 and it would do the same thing. Put it in 8th, and the whole thing freaked out, wiggly lines on both sides of the speed gauge which I assume is wheel slip. I got out, went and checked every car to make sure the wheel brake was released on all (it was). Any idea what went wrong?

2. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Did you set up brakes to cut in and lead?

3. nyem24

nyem24 New Member

Nope, the mission started me off already setup and ready to go and I had pulled different groups of cars before this last part so I assumed i didn't need to make any adjustments.

4. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Make sure the radio com is on in the lead cab.

5. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

Perhaps someone can explain better than I, but hopefully this is helpful. I don't have Cane Creek, but this has happened to me on other American Fright trains. From what I recall, occasionally hooking up to a set of cars will trigger the PCS Open, because of some sort of equalization in the brake pressure between the loco and the cars you just hooked up to. Trying to remember off the top of my head (I'm at work). Try putting the reverser in neutral and applying the emergency brakes. Hold the emergency brakes on for a full minute, and then release them. This should reset the PCS if I'm remembering correctly, you can then put it in gear and off you go.

6. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Radio on button always works for me.

7. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Attempts to boot up. set the direct brake to 80% and the throttle to 5. let the rotations go up to the maximum and release the direct brake fully while releasing sand. usually works. and do not forget to put the number of locomotives.