Trenitalia

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by amorealessandro02, Sep 3, 2021.

1. amorealessandro02

amorealessandro02 New Member

Hello everyone, in this text you can read what I would like the developers to include in Train Sim World 2. All this concerns what I write will be dedicated to Trenitalia trains and Italian routes. After having satisfied our German friends with German trains and routes but as well as in France, UK.... I kindly ask you to please even the Italian gamers inserting Trenitalia in TSW2. Personally the trains I would like to see on TSW2 are: E464, ETR 621 and ETR 1000 (FRECCIAROSSA1000). This is the only train I would like to see in TSW2. Please try to please us Italians. Best regards.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

More details about the route please

• Like Like x 2
  3. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

Add pictures of the rolling stock and more details.

• Like Like x 2
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I've had a ""fun"" thought experiment some time ago and found out that probabily none of our HS network can be created on TSW with the current constraints (Lenght <= 100km, simplistic landscape, not too dissimilar/complex safety systems).
    Screenshot_20210904-143157_WhatsApp.jpg
    The route that comes closer is the Turin-Milan HSL which is ~130km long and connects Milan and Turin following a major highway through some somewhat urbanised areas, meaning it would require some bespoke models, and some care to put togheter instead of dropping some trees probabily using an automated tool like it was done for LGV.

This is the line highlighted in google maps
    Screenshot_20210904-142642_WhatsApp.jpg

Electrification is 25kV AC on the HS section and 3kV DC near the termini on the traditional line.

The trains used are mainly the AGV (.italo), the ETR1000 and ETR500 for the Frecciarossa services by Trenitalia (ex FS).

Screenshot_20210904-143330_WhatsApp.jpg
    ETR500
    Screenshot_20210904-143335_WhatsApp.jpg
    ETR1000
    NTV_italo_AGV_09_(Salerno).jpg
    AGV (operated by .italo)

The safety system used (like for most of other european high speed lines) is ERTMS/ETCS Level 2 which, like TVM doesn't use light signals but in-cab signalling.

SCMT and RSC (Italian safety systems - not too dissimilar from ATC/ACSES) are used near the termini where the HS trains join the traditional lines before getting into the station (like Crocodile and KVB are used near Marseille for LGV).

I still believe that if/when we will get an Italian DLC it won't be high-speed.

A YouTube video of the Milan-Turin-Lyon-Paris TGV (a Reseau model not the Duplex we have in-game) Service showing the entire route.

The ETR 621"Rock" is a new regional EMU which has started to run on some regions, while the E464 can be found absolutely anywhere.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Couldn't Vicenza to Venice work as a route (particularly given then you get Santa Lucia with that incredible approach)?

• Like Like x 2
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It could, but it's not a high-speed line. High speed trains run there, but it has a max speed of 200 or 250km/h

7. amorealessandro02

amorealessandro02 New Member

23_11_2020_Rock.jpg 9761263623_72959efc25_b.jpg

Attached Files:

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really excellent idea and if you want an international route the best bet is Milan Chiasso Lugano. A tutorial is required on how to change voltage and signalling systems 15kv 16.7hz 1.45m Carbon strip Switzerland Integra Signum ZUB123 to 3kv DC 1.45m pantographs Copper strip RS4 SCMT Italy. Location for that is Chiasso locomotives are ETR610 FS Passenger Freight FS E412 Re474/484 RABE 503 FFS cross-border services Passenger & Freight. however Chiasso Milano Centrale uses E464 TAF Decker trains

9. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

With an editor it's possible to build all you want, maybe something over 100km if you building it as an external developer's (and I'd like so much the possibility to recreate my Italian network on this sim.) but, to do that, you need the editor, someone from DTG that's give you the possibility to develop and publish it and a very lot of time, expecially if you working alone...
    And yes, the Venice's line will be a great addition to this sim

• Like Like x 1
  10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I have no idea about the tool suite they give you if you want to apply as a 3rd party developer, but a route/scenario editor like the TS one would be nowhere good enough for the job at hand.

For SCMT and RSC it might be feasible to recycle and re-adapt some elements of ATC and ACSES but a lot of bespoke work needs to happen, same for the signalling.

While I would love to be able to play around with an editor suite and see what I can do I am not sure how far I could go before having to start to code custom logic, custom graphics etc...

11. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Yes, the TS classic editor is the best to develop a route (I'll use it everyday) but for TSW, at moment, there isn't anything similar to a route editor.....

I try for the first time the Boston-providance yesterday, without ACSES (searching documents about this one), so I'm not able to discuss about this sistem for now but I'll try it as soon as possible!
    Thanks to advise me about its similarly to the SCMT