Northern Trans Pennine Purchase

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by niko558, Sep 4, 2021.

1. niko558

niko558 Member

I’ve been out of the loop for a week or so and was considering getting NTP DLC.
    Also because of the problems with the sim a week a so ago is it ok to buy new DLC ‘s as I like the look of NTP to add to my UK collection and what is the opinion of the forum before I throw another £24.99 at the sim ??

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

for me I find it a brilliant dlc for game play when combined with the heavy freight pack.I enjoy it's challenge- changeable slopes and older weaker brakes.
    But because of its age as a dlc, you might consider waiting for a sale.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Definitely one of the better DLC’s for TSW, it’s basically the primary DLC for 80’s British Traction, I recommend buying the Heavy Freight Pack alongside it, to enhance the experience of the route.

I would recommend either waiting for a sale to pop up, or looking at TSW2020 to see if it’s included in that game along side other DLC, as you will get 3 packs for a decent price that way, since you will then be able to download the TSW 2 versions for free.

(TSW 2020 is the same price as NTP on its own but includes NTP & 2 additional routes [Long Island Rail Road & Main Spessart Bahn)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Agree with all of the above, for me it's up there as one of the better routes especially with the heavy freight pack. Maybe it's because of its traction choices eg old and decrepit, or as mentioned the steep peninne gradients it's certainly a challenge. And to boot, it probably the least 'buggy' route.
    Well worth a purchase, even more so if you can be patient and wait till it's on sale.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

I'm going to second this advice and recommend you buy tsw 2020 and then download the routes through preserved collection. Dtg should offer the tsw 2020 routes as a bundle really in game and not advertise the dlc's separately but I can understand this makes more money

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I would wait until 2020 and NTP are in a sale to purchase it. It is a great route but as it is one of the older routes often in the sales

• Like Like x 1
  7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

NTP plus the heavy freight pack is great. Not much more to say so I'll just add a few pictures to sum it up.

Big locos.
    Train Sim World_20200221203429.jpg

Small DMMUs
    Train Sim World_20200524155436.jpg

And mixed traffic.
    Train Sim World_20191105210910.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  8. niko558

niko558 Member

Thanks for the reply’s. This era is exactly what I want. Good old dirty BR traction. Brush 4, Peak, 101 and a classic route to boot. Reminds me of my late teens, Shame there is no Deltic !! I’ll also look at the heavy freight pack...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

NTP AND western Somerset are must haves for British diesel loco fans, hope you enjoy :)

10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I really like the DLC, but I haven't played it in ages and I was wondering if the Class 47 has been fixed in Service Mode? Before it ruined the route for me.

11. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

I've tried the class 47 a few times recently and the brakes seem fine now.

12. ace

ace Member

Fantastic route. The engine sounds are awesome.

13. Mayerling

Mayerling Member

I just started playing this route myself (I'm about 5-6 hours in), and I agree with the comments above that it's pretty challenging. It's also beautiful...not that you can really tell because you're watching the speedometer the entire time you're playing. Also, one of the scenarios is borked: it's not possible to get a gold metal on it, but it is possible to complete it. I wish I had known that going in, so I thought I'd share.