3 Weeks And Still No Word On A Fix Or The Issue.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bakedpotatos.jm, Sep 5, 2021.

1. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Game is still unplayable with these cab texture gitches, it is driving me insane.

How am I supposed to be tempted to buy the season ticket it the routes I already own are broken?

I thought this upgrade was supposed to make the Series X experience better. But somehow it's worse than it was and still they just ignore it and now the 2nd route is being released before a fix?

I thought priority was to get all platforms up and running before anymore DLC?

If this is considered minor than I must be from Mars, it sounds like people have already solved the problem so please just implement it, or at least tell us you changed it to read DX11 instead DX12 and it didn't work.

It sounds like a pretty simple fix so why is it taking so long?

• Like Like x 7
  2. AbstractArtist4081

AbstractArtist4081 Member

They are greedy is what is happening.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Unless you're absolutely desperate to own Rush hour then your best bet is to wait a few days to see if Dresden is released with an accompanying patch because from now until that point the *only* thing DTG are going to be interested in is telling the world how wonderful the new route is...although I strongly suspect Matt won't be repeating his previous statement of Series X being the best format to play on this time around.

If nothing has been done or no specific timeline has been offered then being as how pretty much all developers have no special commitment towards the consumer (to them the worst case scenario of any eventuality is just a handful of lost sales) I guess you've got a tough decision to make :cool:

I'm not so bad because my original intention even before all this came to light was to see how things panned out and maybe buy Rush Hour when it was the complete package, mainly because even with the extra £10 that they said was needed to ensure the best experience possible I just didn't believe DTG could deliver three consecutive routes without some problem or other.
    The two things I have learned from my time in TSW is never trust what you hear on the streams and more importantly don't buy or (especially) pre-purchase anything until you're 100% sure it works properly.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

The answer is simple. Play your old routes, and don’t give them any more money for new until they fix it.
    Until then, keep playing Flight Sim and if you’re from Mars, the new expansion for Surviving Mars comes out next month lol.

• Like Like x 2
  5. chrisvazquez7

chrisvazquez7 Active Member

They have given updates on this bug on pretty much every stream this week. They are actively investigating it, but it sounds like the fix is not as simple as it seemed at first. But they are working on a fix.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

This is not considered a minor issue, and I can understand why you are frustrated. However it is proving to be a complex problem to solve. It appears to be a simple fix, but it's not.

This is actively being investigated and currently we are still trying to find what's caused the problem - then we will get it fixed.

It has been mentioned in another thread but if you are able to raise a support ticket and offer as much detail as you can when explaining when and where you experience the problem that will help the team to find a resolution quicker.

When we have more information to share with you about this, we will be sure to keep you updated.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  7. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Goodmorning Nathalie,

Thankyou for finally a official, professional answer on this topic! Much appreciated!

8. nockwurst

What worries me is they tell us the same thing about the audio bug and we still have no fix in sight. Two fairly major issues and we are just supposed to be okay with them?

• Like Like x 2
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Where have you been told "to be ok with them"?

10. eire007

eire007 Active Member

If you have a look at the latest stream Matt did not seem to think it was an issue. Although they said they looking into it. It didn’t sound a priority. First the sound looping on Xbox. Now the texture. What next DTG?? No trains in the game??

• Like Like x 1
  11. eire007

eire007 Active Member

This is just a palm off reply to the complaint. Don’t fall for it. If it is in another thread and pointed out it’s an issue and they know about it it’s with all Xbox including series x. So don’t waste ur time with tickets. They know the problem exists.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ARuscoe

Last stream I watched (I think it was a let's play last week) Matt went into detail about the issue, what they're doing about it (including speaking to other studios about how they've dealt with the issue) and what DTG would need to do to match that (redo the whole sound system for the xbox because the issue is inherent in the xbox OS and the audio standards used when DTG started making this software, then rebake everything)
    Last comment he made was that they (DTG) would have to look into the work involved and go from there

• Like Like x 1
  13. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We do indeed already know about the issue. The request for tickets is to help us to gather more information, find out if there is a pattern and collect data that will help us to find a resolution.

14. nockwurst

We’ve been told multiple times the audio fix is “difficult”, even as we’re told to look at the shiny new dlc. “Pay no attention to the left hand, look over here at the right hand”.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ARuscoe

Yep. What's that got to do with my question?

16. nockwurst

• Like Like x 1
  17. ARuscoe

And that's the point. DTG have NOT said it's an OK situation, and it's NOT OK that they leave the issue hanging
    So keeping the pressure on them to actually do the work and make the change (maybe making a poll asking if this work is something important...) would help. Accusing them of things they haven't done, less so

• Like Like x 1
  18. nockwurst

I get what you’re saying, I do. How ever, saying they are not ok with it, and actually doing something about it are two different things. I honestly believe the nuts and bolts people at DTG do care (Matt, etc). I don’t think the bean counters could care less.
    I’ll believe they care when I see it fixed in a timely manner, not a “let’s have the preservation team look at this in a year” manner.

• Like Like x 1
  19. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Start Boston on Series X and you will see the problem. You don't need to collect information. Also that you can't confirm ATC in CTC and F40 with the gamepad by pressing the "B" Button.

It's quite hard to understand why you don't hear anything about all the bugs that the update has brought. You get the feeling that no one cares.

• Like Like x 3
  20. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It's not just on Boston Sprinter. SEHS has this issue with the 395 and 375 and other routes do as well. They ask for more info which is understandable but it's clearly obiovous when you start moving your train.

21. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I’m finding on a few timetabled runs when I think I’ll be in the cab of a train I’m actually on foot on the platform. Class 47 heavy oil on NTP and a 66 run on SEHS

22. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

The audio bug is less so a game bug and rather just an issue with Xbox in general, it has to do with the audio formats Xbox use or something like that, Matt did talk about it recently in a stream but its not a game bug

23. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

That is the way I understand it too; DTG used from the get-go an ancient Xbox sound format that most other developers do not use today because of issues like this, probably due to their own lack of expertise on the platform at the time. The fact that it’s been like that for a year already and still not been fixed is what is getting people frustrated. If it requires significant resources to fix and users re-downloading the game+dlcs again, then that is what should be done. This and the recurring blurry texture issue are, for the community at least, high priority and game-breaking.

• Like Like x 4
  24. nockwurst

Call it a bug, a platform issue, a floopsgardfen, let’s all just agree it’s ongoing, annoying, and when combined with the visual texture issue, awful.

25. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The Rush Hour Update to 4.26 was the problem and maybe it’s also a DX12 Graphic Card issue

26. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Ctrl-C
    Ctrl-V

The customer service staff favourite!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Good news on the cab texture issue a fix might come sooner than expected.

What worries me is the sound problem, that could take a while, even though it's been there a year now

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. eire007

eire007 Active Member

With all due respect, it’s every loco on every service the sound looping is on Xbox. No other information is needed.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

location on the route is it when you move the throttle lever it happens there is a fair bit that could cause the problem

30. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

I've noticed some " quick fixes" so to say, numero 1:when the loco loop sound gets stuck if you increase throttle to 100 real fast let engines rev up then idle, it goes away (more prevalent on diesel locos), numero 2: switch from interior to rear of train cam fast and back till it goes away and 3 turn off sfx sounds save then turn it on and save.
    Try spawning in Boston south with all those f40 diesel locos you don't have to be in a train, just by being next to one it happens.

Regards